E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Reoccurring Dreams

11-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #67
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Yeah, my Mom told me I was like 5 when I used to do it.
Yeah, that's very common, especially at younger ages. My dad caught me trying to go out the front door at 2am when I was about 7 years old. Apparently I didn't know how to use a door handle and just made a bunch of noise.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #68
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Yeah, that's very common, especially at younger ages. My dad caught me trying to go out the front door at 2am when I was about 7 years old. Apparently I didn't know how to use a door handle and just made a bunch of noise.
My dad found me taking a piss off of the front porch one night.
      11-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #69
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Look up dmt.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #70
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

I swear to god that my family first home was haunted, which I lived in until age of 9. As early as I can remember (around 3 year old), I always had nightmare of a grey figure that would appear at the bed room entrance. The grey figure would then howl/scream while somehow throwing me to the other side of the room without making any physical contact. The dream would always stop at the point of impact, with me realizing that I am still in my bed.

Never really thought much about it and never told my folks about it either, since I always thought dreams are just dreams back then. But now that I think about it, these dreams stopped right after my family moved into our new home, so there must something to do with the old place.

Don't really have any nightmare these days, other than dreaming about the damn car won't start all of the sudden (hpfp and injector issues, lol).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #71
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39lolz View Post
I've got one that I can't seem to understand. I got my BS degree about 7 years ago and since then, about three times a month, I'll dream about not graduating. It starts out by walking into one of the buildings on campus, realizing that I have to take two final exams. However, I somehow skipped the whole semester and now I'm shitting bricks wondering how I'm gonna pass and graduate haha.
I have this dream a couple times a month. And its been almost 20 years since I got my BSEE. Got on this subject at work with some of the other Engineers and most of them have same nightmares also. And they all are 30+ years after graduating. Goes to show what that stress does to a person and the affect it has on us.
      05-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #72
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Yeah, I use to get that dream all the time.
Going into the class, nearly failing. I can't graduate.
I knew what that meant.

I have worse reoccurring dream.
-I am carrying a sub-machine gun and all the different customs are passing me without any trouble.
I still do not know what this means. I don't do anything against the law nor barely even get a traffic ticket.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #73
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Yeah, I use to get that dream all the time.
Going into the class, nearly failing. I can't graduate.
I knew what that meant.
I get that quite a lot too. What does it mean?

So lately I've been having these recurring dreams at a really nice hotel suite in Vegas (most likely Bellagio from the looks of it). Inside the suite, there's this big indoor pool with a grand piano in it with the keys slightly above water. There's a private outdoor pool in the yard too. So here's the fun part. As I play the piano (which I don't), chicks start popping out of the water like mermaids but without the tail. I'm talking like half a dozen hotties all solid 9s suddenly gyrating around me. So I start fooling around with some of these chicks while still sitting on the piano bench (like really fooling around yo) and all of a sudden my damn fucking wife walks out of the bedroom. So here's the ballzy part. Knowing damn well this is a dream, I continue on with my fooling around and my wife proceeds to the outdoor pool and jumps in (slightly pissed at me). As karma hits, half a dozen A&F models start popping out of the outdoor pool fooling around with my wife. So I'm a little pissed at that point, not because she's fooling around with these A&F models but because my wife is in 90% of my fucking awesome starting dreams. At that point of my dream is where I generally wake up and start my day off being pissed at my wife for no real reason other than her ruining my chances of have an orgy with 6 beautiful 9's. Fuck. 3rd time this week.
      05-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #74
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

The school part is the achievement. Basically, I am not working or doing things the fullest nor reaching real potential. Well who does? that is why even successful forum members here (who is successful to drive a nice car at least) are having similar dreams.
Talked with guys who have some shrink degrees, and also has the similar interpretation online.

I've heard you are the best analyst for your own dream.
The piano with gals coming out can mean anything.
First ask yourself these:
1. what do you think of swimming pool? or swimming in general?
2. whoa do you think of piano player?
3. have you been caught with ...? or catch someone cheating?
4. etc etc

Just analyze every single things and see what it is to you first, and try to connect the dot.

I once dream about moving a 12 of 438oz gold bullion (approx st value of 6.8mil) on a shopping cart from my safe. It was so heavy that shopping cart was tilting. Funny thing is that the state lotto is exactly at

Next Drawing
5/24/14
Estimated Jackpot
$6,800,000

Maybe I should buy a state lotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I get that quite a lot too. What does it mean?

So lately I've been having these recurring dreams at a really nice hotel suite in Vegas (most likely Bellagio from the looks of it). Inside the suite, there's this big indoor pool with a grand piano in it with the keys slightly above water. There's a private outdoor pool in the yard too. So here's the fun part. As I play the piano (which I don't), chicks start popping out of the water like mermaids but without the tail. I'm talking like half a dozen hotties all solid 9s suddenly gyrating around me. So I start fooling around with some of these chicks while still sitting on the piano bench (like really fooling around yo) and all of a sudden my damn fucking wife walks out of the bedroom. So here's the ballzy part. Knowing damn well this is a dream, I continue on with my fooling around and my wife proceeds to the outdoor pool and jumps in (slightly pissed at me). As karma hits, half a dozen A&F models start popping out of the outdoor pool fooling around with my wife. So I'm a little pissed at that point, not because she's fooling around with these A&F models but because my wife is in 90% of my fucking awesome starting dreams. At that point of my dream is where I generally wake up and start my day off being pissed at my wife for no real reason other than her ruining my chances of have an orgy with 6 beautiful 9's. Fuck. 3rd time this week.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #75
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

I tried to find anything about sleeping on my belly (prone).
Even if I am really tired, I can't get to fall asleep when I am sleeping facing up (supine). Once in a while, i do fall asleep facing up or side ways.

When I sleeping facing up, I tend to get weird dream. Sometimes some stupid level or bad dream or poss. nightmares. However, I do get a good dream when I sleep prone?
By any chance, do you know anything about it?

This happened even before prescription drugs.
No narcotics. Once in a while NSAIDs, ACE Inhibitors, and some supplements. I am about to get off of DMARDs fairly soon.
thanks in adv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Its something like 60% of occurrences happen when sleeping on your back. You get a sense of being terrified because after you enter REM from NREM, your brains transfer of physical feeling can't be distinguished because your body thinks you are still in an REM state. Increased / decreased heart rates are directly related to the amount of stress you feel because you can't move (aka: you are freaking out). The next time you feel you are having this, try to initiate eye movement and look around the room, for some people it gives them a sense of knowing they are in control for the duration of feeling "stuck" and allows you to focus on breathing, thus retaining a normal feeling.

We had this battle for months before she was able to control her feeling when it would happen, but you have to over power the feeling of terror before you can focus on how to ease through the episodes.
Appreciate 0