E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Reoccurring Dreams

11-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 335i

Reoccurring Dreams

Does anyone have real vivid reoccurring dream?

When i was younger i would constantly have dreams about tornados now i have a reoccurring dream about pulling my gun out and it wont fire or has no ammo.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehwnnc View Post
Does anyone have real vivid reoccurring dream?

When i was younger i would constantly have dreams about tornados now i have a reoccurring dream about pulling my gun out and it wont fire or has no ammo.
Sounds pretty Freudian to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
now i have a reoccurring dream about pulling my gun out and it wont fire or has no ammo.
sounds to me like you subconsciously found out your body couldn't produce any sperm.

good day, sir...
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Sounds pretty Freudian to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

do wet dreams count?
      11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 x1 xDrive35i, '13 Mustang

I've got one that I can't seem to understand. I got my BS degree about 7 years ago and since then, about three times a month, I'll dream about not graduating. It starts out by walking into one of the buildings on campus, realizing that I have to take two final exams. However, I somehow skipped the whole semester and now I'm shitting bricks wondering how I'm gonna pass and graduate haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39lolz View Post
I've got one that I can't seem to understand. I got my BS degree about 7 years ago and since then, about three times a month, I'll dream about not graduating. It starts out by walking into one of the buildings on campus, realizing that I have to take two final exams. However, I somehow skipped the whole semester and now I'm shitting bricks wondering how I'm gonna pass and graduate haha.
i get that too. also dreams of the past (old houses, old social circles...)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Same here but for high school which was over 10 years ago. Worried about not graduating because I was failing some stupid class which I had no chance of catching up on because I skipped too much. Bricks are still being shat when this dream occurs.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep

I'm glad I'm not the only one
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Anyone get those reoccurring ones with punches that don't land and brakes that don't stop?
      11-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Anyone get those reoccurring ones with punches that don't land and brakes that don't stop?
Punches are in slow motion and you get your ass kicked every time. Falling from the sky is another epic dream IMHO. Waking up and realizing I'm alive
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

dreams of Marine Corps bootcamp too....

did it 15 years ago but I still have dreams about it.....
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 335i

Quote:
YES! But mine are where i try to hit the person but have no power when i punch so its like im in slow motion
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #14
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

ive had 3 recurring dreams.
when i was a young kid under 10 years old i would dream from a birds eye view that I was in a huge red pot and there were sharp objects attached to a string above my head..

another dream from birds eye view again this time all I would see is a pink/orange 3d parallelogram

another dream I would have is about a class I would go to only in my dream...every time i dreamed about this class I would remember about the last time i went to it in my dream and kept thinking it was real. really weird..

The first two I used to have when I was a kid would scare me to my limit. One time I woke up crying like crazy and remember going to the window of our apartment and looking down and it worsened my scare...

now I sometimes have these recurring dreams maybe once or twice a year but i recognize them in my sleep and start laughing at their attempts to scare me...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #15
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
have a reoccurring dream about pulling my gun out and it wont fire or has no ammo.
Quote:
Anyone get those reoccurring ones with punches that don't land?
I have had a recurring dream many times that is similar to both of these, in one version I am in some kind of a fight, or a situation where i need to defend myself, and I am unable to clench my fingers into a fist. It's like my hand is paralyzed when I try, and I am unable to fight because I can't make a fist.

In the other version, I have my gun drawn, yet my trigger finger is either (A) paralyzed, or (B) not strong enough to squeeze the trigger and I am once again unable to defend myself or kill the aggressor. It's interesting that others have had similar recurring dreams; one of my friends has shared that he has had this dream as well.

(Also not to be a dick but ''reoccurring'' is not a word, it's ''recurring'')

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
I used to have a reoccuring dream about understeering off a cliff.

When I was little (4-6) I would have dreams about Capt. Hook and his pirates trying to kidnap me and my family.
      11-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #17
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Yes understeer off a cliff, fak. So many times.

How bout going an uphill so steep that you're afraid of flipping over backwards?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Yes understeer off a cliff, fak. So many times.

How bout going an uphill so steep that you're afraid of flipping over backwards?
In the winter one time, my car slid over a lane when I accidentally oversteered in my M3. At that time I also drove a Volvo XC90 quite often.

Idk why, but there was this one right-hander long turn on the freeway between Buffalo and Toronto I kept thinking of, where I oversteered. It was abou a 10 degree slight turn, but I accidentally slid a bit. Two lane road.

There were two dreams I kept thinking of with the same nature. I would be in the M3, and I would oversteer, hid the median, and fly into the trees upside down. I had no control over the car. Or I would be in my XC90, and I would hear some whistling noise from behind me. I would jerk the wheel hard by reflex, and the SUV would flip over, rolling into oncoming traffic.

I still go through that road pretty often, when I go from WNY->Canada. It sometimes scares me. Haven't had that dream in a while though...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

my most recurring dream is me being trapped in an abandoned rock quarry with predatory cats. Lions, Tigers, etc... No matter how high i climb, straight up or otherwise, they can always get to me and i have to keep moving.

Lately i've been having dreams about someone breaking into my house while we're sleeping. But that's probably because i keep finding sticks stuck into the ground in the back yard. Stuck in the ground in such a way that it would be impossible for them to have fallen into the ground. Like a pinky diameter stick stuck 3" in to the ground at a 45 degree angle.

I stuck a game camera out there for a while, but i have to mount it high enough that someone with out a ladder can't reach it. So it hasn't picked up much. I've tested it and a couple of times it didn't even pick me up walking around with a flash light.
      11-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
YES! But mine are where i try to hit the person but have no power when i punch so its like im in slow motion
I have this a lot.

I have dreams where I am driving and need to come to a stop but the brake becomes super unresponsive. Car slows down but at a glacial pace. Just when I am about to crash... I am somewhere else.

Also I have dreams where someone is trying to kill me and I am running away. Just when I am about to die I am somewhere else.

Falling dreams where I am falling and just when I am about to hit the ground, I am somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Me too.
I had this dream last night. It's weird. My version usually involves me being late to class. It starts out me running to class to take a test or turn in an assignment for a class I really need to pass and somehow I haven't been to class the whole semester. Dream feels so real when I wake up I have to remind myself that I am not in school.
What's weird is... when I was in school, I never skipped classes and was really punctual.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
killershark
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: still nothing (for now)

I have recurring dreams of disaster happening. Like this one where I was going on a tour around the city of Toronto then I suddenly look up a helicopter comes crashing down on me. I woke up in a flash.
Appreciate 0