E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Nissan GTR Hit and Run

07-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
There is something seriously wrong with you.
+2
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Lawsuit for CPR from family potentially.
yeah right; get real
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
CoolGuyNilo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Few bolt ons

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Wow :/
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Lawsuit for CPR from family potentially.
Then it's free money for the good samaritan providing CPR on frivolous lawsuit grounds, potentially.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Then it's free money for the good samaritan providing CPR on frivolous lawsuit grounds, potentially.
And you get a lawyer and get back at them.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #28
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Did the guy get caught yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #29
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobeee View Post
It happened in Koreatown, not Chinatown or as you refer to it as "Chinese district". Just a clarification.
I am not very familiar with LA and I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings with saying the Chinese district. Still, the point applies to the Koreans too. Good samaritan is not typical in Asia. I lived in Japan for 7 years and I traveled to all of the countries on that side of the world and they basically all have the same thought process. DON'T get involved.
      07-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
There is something wrong with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishhead24 View Post
I am not very familiar with LA and I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings with saying the Chinese district. Still, the point applies to the Koreans too. Good samaritan is not typical in Asia. I lived in Japan for 7 years and I traveled to all of the countries on that side of the world and they basically all have the same thought process. DON'T get involved.
Exactly my point. If anyone ever lived in Korea they should know how it is like there. Korea has one of the highest hit and run cases in the world.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #31
Exite
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

One this is why you don't get around in cali without a car and second why if on a bike you obey the traffic laws. This is such a double edged sword. You know how many people on bikes I see blow through stop signs and shit I have even honked at em and yelled shit at them out my window and they look at me like I'm crazy; really if I hadn't seen your dumb ass I would have killed you like this guy in the video. You never leave the scene of an accident as it's against the law, but I dunno what to feel on this one.

Oh and look at this http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...irst_ever.html . Seems to me lots cyclist kind of have the critical mass anti car attitude. The guy killed was on foot in that one but the cyclist is still an elitist prick.

To make it more clear a POS on a bicycle killed someone on foot by running into them in san fran.

Last edited by Exite; 07-27-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #32
sochermit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i

Forget about the GTR driver for a moment and look at the total lack of concern by bystanders. No one thought of lending some sort of assistance. No one thought about attempting to block off the area so that no one would hit him again. That is what is disturbing to me. The GTR driver is at fault no matter what the circumstances. The charges or lack of can be found out later. I am ashamed of America. Blame whomever or whatever you want the fact is we have lost respect for each other.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #33
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Those people riding their bikes with no lights at night in congested areas make super nervous .
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

It's hard to see but it looks like passenger in the GTR comes out, walks over to the driver of the dashcam car says something to him and gets in the driver's seat in the GTR and drives away. Which means the original driver climbed over in to the passenger seat.

Looking at the way the passenger of GTR walk over and the reaction of the dashcam driver... I think he might have been saying something threatening.

Knowing that this happened in Korea town at 5am (on a Saturday)... driver was probably drunk.

Audi driver could be with them as well...

and why is this video out just now after 3 months?

GTR driven by 25 year old heading South on Vigil in Korea Town at 5am on Saturday....
Where could he be coming from? Where could he be going?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

if you look closely at how far away the GTR was from the pedestrian line and how the other car is lined up there is no way h e could have seen the biker.

side note is that the GTR driver and passenger did get out of their car and look then sped off

Q is that would it be illegal for the biker to cross like that on a red?

Ive had my close call where I was at a four way stop and all of a sudden this bicycle cross right in front of me while I was crossing the intersection without stopping.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #36
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
Forget about the GTR driver for a moment and look at the total lack of concern by bystanders. No one thought of lending some sort of assistance. No one thought about attempting to block off the area so that no one would hit him again. That is what is disturbing to me. The GTR driver is at fault no matter what the circumstances. The charges or lack of can be found out later. I am ashamed of America. Blame whomever or whatever you want the fact is we have lost respect for each other.
that wasn't America..hardly
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1761
if you look closely at how far away the GTR was from the pedestrian line and how the other car is lined up there is no way h e could have seen the biker.

side note is that the GTR driver and passenger did get out of their car and look then sped off

Q is that would it be illegal for the biker to cross like that on a red?

Ive had my close call where I was at a four way stop and all of a sudden this bicycle cross right in front of me while I was crossing the intersection without stopping.
It doesn't matter if that accident wasn't the fault of the GT-R driver, he fled the scene, so he is looking at manslaughter now. Since it wasn't his fault (unless he was drunk), he left either because he was under the influence, had no license, or insurance, etc... and that makes it a felony.

Bikers break traffic rules all the time, and it drives me nuts, but you need to stop if you are involved in an accident with them. It's not a suggestion, it is the law.

I have no doubt that the asshole will be caught. Expensive (somewhat rare) car, witnesses, and cameras everywhere.

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

Quote:
It doesn't matter if that accident wasn't the fault of the GT-R driver, he fled the scene, so he is looking at manslaughter now. Since it wasn't his fault (unless he was drunk), he left either because he was under the influence, had no license, or insurance, etc... and that makes it a felony.

Bikers break traffic rules all the time, and it drives me nuts, but you need to stop if you are involved in an accident with them. It's not a suggestion, it is the law.

I have no doubt that the asshole will be caught. Expensive (somewhat rare) car, witnesses, and cameras everywhere.

I do agree with you that it is a felony to do a hit and run especially when the driver and the passenger got out of the car to look and realize full well that they hit someone. Not sure about manslaughter though. For that there has to be an intention to kill someone. If the driver stayed at the scene of the crime, i don't think he or she would be at fault. His conscience however, is another story.

As for finding the person. GTR is not that common to find in cali as a camry. If the police really want to look for them, they know the car is blue. It wont be hard to match the damage of the front bumper with the car. Do some investigation around local body shops.

Now it makes me wonder if i too should get a dash cam.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Happens everywhere man, i was just in berlin last month and got robbed by 6 guys who took my wallet away as i was paying for a souvenir in the middle of a busy street with tons of bystanders. I grabbed one of the guys and yeled polizei and the shop owner who was a female was even yelling in german probably screaming they had tried to steal my wallet. No one even dared to jump in everyone just stared and immediately the other 5 robbers surrounded me showed me a knife and what seemed to look like a gun and said let him go or we will kill you and your wife we are mafia. Police came and i filled a report, its unlikely they will catch them. If i would have seen that i would have jumped in for a stranger, humanity is scary some times man. If the economic system collapses or the zombie apocalypse happens im more of other humans than anything else.
      07-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Exactly my point. If anyone ever lived in Korea they should know how it is like there. Korea has one of the highest hit and run cases in the world.
I see, but have we confirmed the driver is Korean? Anyways, I'll try to stray away from racial discussions and we can focus on what needs to be discussed or what actions need to be made.

Last edited by adobeee; 07-27-2013 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #41
sochermit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobeee View Post
I see, but have we confirmed the driver is Korean? Anyways, I'll try to stray away from racial discussions and we can focus on what needs to be discussed or what actions need to be made.
I agree. Forget the race of the victim or the driver and concentrate on the incident. I do not care what is happening in Korea, Germany... What matters to me, most, is what happens here.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #42
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
I agree. Forget the race of the victim or the driver and concentrate on the incident. I do not care what is happening in Korea, Germany... What matters to me, most, is what happens here.
Anyone know if the guy was caught?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #43
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

The video went quickly from helping the GTR driver to against him. A very bad move on the GTR driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

+1000

I don't see what is so hard to understand here. Clearly the GTR driver didn't see the guy. It happened very quickly. Had he stayed, called 911 and waited for emergency services, he likely would have been released (if he wasn't intoxicated or driving without a license/insurance). THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK FOR HIM TO FLEE THE SCENE.

The minute he fled the scene, things went wrong. I'm sure he had his reasons, but the act of leaving the scene of an accident, no matter who is at fault, is illegal. And since someone died, it's a bad situation.

Can't believe people would see nothing wrong here in this situation...

Last edited by Templar; 08-15-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0