E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > photo contests

06-02-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
Cyruz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
photo contests

hey i see the new one here and i will definately be posting for it. but why not seperate it a bit more onto one basen on bokeh and one for DOF. seeing as there is an over lap, but they are also completely different?

my zenfolio photo gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

i may be wrong, but with any level of DOF (shallow or great) bokeh is not necessarily always produced; a bokeh contest would be entirely different
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
dosserj
FOR SALE
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/FR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyruz View Post
hey i see the new one here and i will definately be posting for it. but why not seperate it a bit more onto one basen on bokeh and one for DOF. seeing as there is an over lap, but they are also completely different?
I thought about making the contest completely about bokeh but you would really need some fast glass to get that extreme bokeh everyone is accustomed to seeing in those type of shots. However, not everyone has a 1.4 or 1.8 lens and I didn't want to exclude anyone. With DOF, anyone with any lens can enter. You can definitely have great shallow DOF without much bokeh. Or you can go the other route and go deep for clarity throughout the shot.