E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police Officers Are Dicks...

12-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #23
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

I guess they both learned their lesson...

The black guy should shut up...and the cop should take a chill pill before work...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #24
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
first of all when you're pulled over and the officer asks you for your DL and proof of insurance, YOU GIVE IT TO HIM!!!! Dont freaking just sit there and not comply. IMO the officer did not do anything wrong. Failing to comply with showing proof of insurance and DL will obviously make the officer think the worst of things. I mean who knows what they could be up to.
+1

And why the hell is everyone so pissed off about cops using taser guns? Would everyone prefer they just start shooting people instead?

You don't act suspicious around cops, otherwise you get what you deserve. Cops can be dicks, but for the most part they're not all that way. I have several cop friends, and hear enough creepy stories as it is. These guys are ALWAYS in danger.

I love this mentality that people who run and/or do not comply with cops then get shot or tased. Then the cops become the bad guys and the criminals are victims. Bullshit! You run from the cops you need to get knocked the fuck out!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
penny31
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m4 - Austin Yellow

people who are cops had to be teased when they were little kids and are people who really want authority or else they wouldnt be hiding behind trashcans radaring cars coming downhill on a 25. who goes 25 miles per hour down hill man.
god damn pigs.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #26
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
+1

And why the hell is everyone so pissed off about cops using taser guns? Would everyone prefer they just start shooting people instead?
um...i think people are arguing about the cop using his taser too early. The guy was about to get his license anyways, but he starts banging the doors at him...

and we don't want the cops to shoot people instead, but we do prefer the good old takedowns or even swinging the bats at us...at least we wouldn't have that big of a chance to DIE.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #27
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
+1

You don't act suspicious around cops, otherwise you get what you deserve. Cops can be dicks, but for the most part they're not all that way. I have several cop friends, and hear enough creepy stories as it is. These guys are ALWAYS in danger.

I love this mentality that people who run and/or do not comply with cops then get shot or tased. Then the cops become the bad guys and the criminals are victims. Bullshit! You run from the cops you need to get knocked the fuck out!
wow your ignorance is so mind numbing. You must bend over for anyone.
      12-02-2007, 10:50 PM   #28
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

The driver was flat out wrong. What the fuck are your parents teaching you that you don't have to respond to a police officer? It's not optional. When they say license and registration, you hand it over at the first request. You can ask questions later. I love it when people get lippy with a cop, and the cop exercises their full legal response.

Remeber, when you are getting pulled over, the cop is more nervous than you. The officer has no idea what he or she is about to encounter, and if you don't follow their direction, you're escalating the situation. If you don't like how it goes down, file a complaint. Arguing at the scene will get you NOWHERE. This is America, we do have rights, but we as citizens have decided that we want to have police, and they have to follow the rules. So do we. The rule is DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TOLD. If you don't like it, file the complaint, but be civil and professional. Those tapes are off-loaded at the end of every shift, the cop can not erase them. Your complaint will be investigated, and will go into the officers file if it is valid. If the officer really is a dick, or abusing power, a formal complaint it the only thing that will matter.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #29
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Yes, We are all sheep that must be taught what to do. Grow some balls my friend. Your thinking is why our country is slowly slipping away from us. Freedom, last I checked was the foundation of America......
It's morons like you that make the evening news here for being stupid and getting shot. Grow some balls? Are you a big man for not doing what an officer tells you to do? What's the big deal about doing what you're told? Hand over the license and registration. You want the privelage of driving on pulic roads, you play by the rules you agreed to when you signed for your license. Among those is following the direction of an officer when you are pulled over.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #30
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I’ve never been shot by a cop, tasered by a cop, or beat by a cop …. I would never put my self in that situation. They put their lives on the line every time they put on that uniform, and until you walk in their shoes for a while, how about just keeping your trap shut!!

I think those that get tasered, and those that start threads like this are the real ‘Dicks!’
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #31
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
The driver was flat out wrong. What the fuck are your parents teaching you that you don't have to respond to a police officer? It's not optional. When they say license and registration, you hand it over at the first request. You can ask questions later. I love it when people get lippy with a cop, and the cop exercises their full legal response.

Remeber, when you are getting pulled over, the cop is more nervous than you. The officer has no idea what he or she is about to encounter, and if you don't follow their direction, you're escalating the situation. If you don't like how it goes down, file a complaint. Arguing at the scene will get you NOWHERE. This is America, we do have rights, but we as citizens have decided that we want to have police, and they have to follow the rules. So do we. The rule is DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TOLD. If you don't like it, file the complaint, but be civil and professional. Those tapes are off-loaded at the end of every shift, the cop can not erase them. Your complaint will be investigated, and will go into the officers file if it is valid. If the officer really is a dick, or abusing power, a formal complaint it the only thing that will matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
It's morons like you that make the evening news here for being stupid and getting shot. Grow some balls? Are you a big man for not doing what an officer tells you to do? What's the big deal about doing what you're told? Hand over the license and registration. You want the privelage of driving on pulic roads, you play by the rules you agreed to when you signed for your license. Among those is following the direction of an officer when you are pulled over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
I’ve never been shot by a cop, tasered by a cop, or beat by a cop …. I would never put my self in that situation. They put their lives on the line every time they put on that uniform, and until you walk in their shoes for a while, how about just keeping your trap shut!!

I think those that get tasered, and those that start threads like this are the real ‘Dicks!’

did you 2 completely fucking miss the part where he said "whoa whoa whoa, let me get it"?? If an officer pulls me over, id like to know what he pulled me over for. The guy asked a question, then the officer started yelling. Totally uncalled for. The man then says he's getting his license, and the officer yells at him to either get out his license or get out of the car. Im guessing the man was appauled by seeing that it is people like these that the "law is being enforced by". I guess I phrased the title of this thread wrong, but I do believe that most officers are "dicks". I have met some very helpful police officers, and both my uncle and cousin are police officers, so its not right to say my statement is baseless. I have spent time in more than one precinct with them, and they are helpful when they want, and to whom they want.

rips335icoupe...you're a real fucking idiot for the last sentence you wrote.."I think those that get tasered...are the real ‘Dicks!"...so your pretty much saying that *EVERYTIME ANYONE* gets tasered, they are at fault...the police officer is always innocent...thats a pile of shit, and you belong in a mental institution for severe retardation for writing it..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #32
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I won’t be surprised when Einstein (thread starter) gets tasered himself. He has the ‘everyone is a victim’ mentality!

And, he uses such good language …. Must be a HS drop-out.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #33
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
I won’t be surprised when Einstein (thread starter) gets tasered himself. He has the ‘everyone is a victim’ mentality!

And, he uses such good language …. Must be a HS drop-out.
thanks

i dont think everyone is a victim, but when it is clear that the officer escalated the situation, i cant understand WHY you would back up the officer. I know that officers take a risk everyday they put on their uniform, and I applaud them when credit is due, but just because he might've been having a bad day doesnt excuse his actions.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #34
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I will send you a 'Don't Taze Me Bro' bumper sticker.

[u2b]3T-xMb_00fI&[/u2b]

Last edited by Rips335iCoupe; 12-03-2007 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #35
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Wow....the driver was a woman too
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #36
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I have to disagree with you guys, this is a clear example of a power hungry person getting upset when he is not immediately obeyed. You don't have to give him your license immediately, you don't even have to roll your window down if you don't feel like it until there is a second unit present, at which point you would be arrested. But the point it that officer obviously didn't like not being listened to, there was absolutly no reason to taser the guy.
Well I agree you don't have to give him anything. Or follow any of his orders but you may get tased. Let me see. The cop may get disciplined as result. Two guys with too much attitude, one won't follow orders when he's pulled over and the other thinks he's above the law. Both get punished, one tased and the other disciplined. I don't have a problem with that. System takes care of itself.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #37
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Really? Wow, you have not met many cops. Actually you have not met many people in general.

People everyday are dicks for no reason. Shit sometimes I am, so cops are not dicks for no reason!? haha joke right? Also admitting guilt? for speeding or any misc. driving infraction. Thats stupid.

I'll just discard everything you said.
strange? of the last 13 times i've been pulled over in the last two years i've never got one ticket for a moving violation, one of which was for "wreckless driving, running a red light, and speeding" all at the same time. the cop merely gave me a tint ticket instead. i don't know where you live, but i'm glad i don't live there.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:12 AM   #38
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
did you 2 completely fucking miss the part where he said "whoa whoa whoa, let me get it"?? If an officer pulls me over, id like to know what he pulled me over for. The guy asked a question, then the officer started yelling. Totally uncalled for. The man then says he's getting his license, and the officer yells at him to either get out his license or get out of the car. Im guessing the man was appauled by seeing that it is people like these that the "law is being enforced by". I guess I phrased the title of this thread wrong, but I do believe that most officers are "dicks". I have met some very helpful police officers, and both my uncle and cousin are police officers, so its not right to say my statement is baseless. I have spent time in more than one precinct with them, and they are helpful when they want, and to whom they want...
No, I saw the entire video. I heard the officer ask for license and registration. You want a question answered? Hand over what is requested. When you don't do what is requested by an officer, you are escalating the situation. By asking a question instead of doing what is asked, you are introducing risk for the officer - you are behaving like someone who is likely to pull a weapon, and the officer is trained to respond accordingly to protect themselves first.

Give the officer what he or she requests, ask questions later. If you don't like how it goes, file a complaint. I've been pulled over dozens of times in 6-7 different states, and I have NEVER had an officer unwilling to talk if I do what is requested first.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:14 AM   #39
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:14 AM   #40
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
Well I agree you don't have to give him anything. Or follow any of his orders but you may get tased. Let me see. The cop may get disciplined as result. Two guys with too much attitude, one won't follow orders when he's pulled over and the other thinks he's above the law. Both get punished, one tased and the other disciplined. I don't have a problem with that. System takes care of itself.
+1

You have the right to be stupid
You have the right to not do what you are told
You have the right to be tazed
You have the right to be shot.

Any questions?

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #41
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
wow your ignorance is so mind numbing. You must bend over for anyone.

Point out my ignorance please.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #42
myfirstbmw335i
myfirstbmw335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6-Speed, NAV, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
did you 2 completely fucking miss the part where he said "whoa whoa whoa, let me get it"?? If an officer pulls me over, id like to know what he pulled me over for. The guy asked a question, then the officer started yelling. Totally uncalled for. The man then says he's getting his license, and the officer yells at him to either get out his license or get out of the car. Im guessing the man was appauled by seeing that it is people like these that the "law is being enforced by". I guess I phrased the title of this thread wrong, but I do believe that most officers are "dicks". I have met some very helpful police officers, and both my uncle and cousin are police officers, so its not right to say my statement is baseless. I have spent time in more than one precinct with them, and they are helpful when they want, and to whom they want.

rips335icoupe...you're a real fucking idiot for the last sentence you wrote.."I think those that get tasered...are the real ‘Dicks!"...so your pretty much saying that *EVERYTIME ANYONE* gets tasered, they are at fault...the police officer is always innocent...thats a pile of shit, and you belong in a mental institution for severe retardation for writing it..

1. I agree with those that say the Officer was a complete moron in the way he handled the situation....
2. However, Lots of officers are f*cking nuts and over react to feel like a big shot. Especially those who draw the short straw and have to work on holidays. So the idiot in the car should have had his shit together before the officer ever approached the window....
3. Regardless of the reason you have been pulled over, only a moron wouldn't know the officer is going to ask for license, registration and proof of insurance....
4. Just assume every cop is a dick and have your shit together. Even if 9 out of 10 cops are sweethearts, assume you are getting the asshole today...
5. BE NICE.....The worse thing you can do to someone who is an asshole, jerk, prick and etc. is to BE NICE....People like that hate kindness more than anything....

my .02
      12-04-2007, 04:49 AM   #43
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep

I learned to drive in Detroit. The first thing they taught us in drivers ed is how not to get shot / arrested at a rountine traffic stop. Didn't even worry about driving until the second day.

You get pulled over, turn off the radio, take off the sunglasses, HANG UP!, put your license and registration on the dash, roll down your window and put your hands on the wheel where they can be seen. It's all about making sure the officer does not feel threatened. If they feel safe and don't think you're going to be a problem, they'll also be a lot nicer and more likely to reduce or not write a ticket. Has worked for me numerous times.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #44
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

the cop was in the wrong, but the guy was trying to be a harda$$. I don't feel bad for him.
Appreciate 0