E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Junior Prom/Party on a Yacht??

11-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Junior Prom/Party on a Yacht??

hello guyss, hows everyone doing??

I want to have my Junior Prom on a yacht, and was wondering some of you guys could help me out with getting info on it. I live in New York, and my Junior Prom would take place in May or June (June most probably). We will be expecting approzimately 150-200 people. Can anyone refer me to a company that has good prices as well as good boats? Also, if you have any idea as to what the pricing might be, please let me know. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Sounds sick...... but thats alot of a responsibly for that many people
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
Sounds sick...... but thats alot of a responsibly for that many people
thanks...im hoping it'll be a party for the next few generations of YHS students to remember!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
thanks...im hoping it'll be a party for the next few generations of YHS students to remember!!! lol
Haha I feel you It's about the same thing you can do is google.com - as you do for limos, see what you can come up with.. It's worth a shot, but put your research into this as it will be a big event and prob a nice fee of some sort, since that many people means a nice size boat. I'm not too good with boats, I assume you are gonna port out of the city? I suggest calling up different places (not sure if there is alot) and see what type of deals you can get. There will prob be underage drinking I assume? Lol, well one good thing if cops do come just throw the drinks in the water, easy get away lol.. (I've seen it on a show)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
Haha I feel you It's about the same thing you can do is google.com - as you do for limos, see what you can come up with.. It's worth a shot, but put your research into this as it will be a big event and prob a nice fee of some sort, since that many people means a nice size boat. I'm not too good with boats, I assume you are gonna port out of the city? I suggest calling up different places (not sure if there is alot) and see what type of deals you can get. There will prob be underage drinking I assume? Lol, well one good thing if cops do come just throw the drinks in the water, easy get away lol.. (I've seen it on a show)
lol...if there is drinking, ill have nothing to do with it...personally, id dont drink, and wouldnt encourage anyone under the age of 21 to either...ive searched google, and all i came up with was after prom cruises...ive used those prices to get an idea of what the party might cost, but i only have 4 months left to plan so i need concrete info!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

oh yeahh, we'd take a tour of the NYC skyline...so aroundd manhattan and backk!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
In my HS back then they tried it but it was a no-go simply because of insurance issues. The price of insurance alone for that many people would make the price almost non-sensical.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

how much was it before insurance and how much was it after?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #9
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Your sig makes you seem very queer.
      11-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #10
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Your sig makes you seem very queer.
why? everytime i posted a thread people misinterpreted the ballin part so i thought id clear it up...guess im gonna get shit from people either way
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #11
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
hello guyss, hows everyone doing??

I want to have my Junior Prom on a yacht, and was wondering some of you guys could help me out with getting info on it. I live in New York, and my Junior Prom would take place in May or June (June most probably). We will be expecting approzimately 150-200 people. Can anyone refer me to a company that has good prices as well as good boats? Also, if you have any idea as to what the pricing might be, please let me know. Thanks
My Fraternity rented a small yacht for formals and it was 60 people and we had the boat for 4 hours in NewPort Beach, CA. It costed us about $2500 buffet dinner included.

so your looking at about $600 an hour and for a bigger boat for your needs, your looking at $1800-$2000 an hour. It gets pretty expansive, especially for that many people. 200 people capacity yachts are HUGE.

Also you have to be concerned about how much fun you guys are really going to have. Due to liability issues, Yacht rental companies are REALLY REALLY strict on underage drinking because all it takes is 1 dumbass drunk kid to fall overboard for them to be fucked. Then you gotta think about people getting sea sick, concerned parents, and school directors, etc. There are ALOT of details to work out. I hope your not responsible for working this out, because considering your still in highschool and most likely underage, they guna need an adult (most likely your parents) to sign the liability form, that means if something happens, your parents could be sued.

That being said, if you can pull it off, it'll be ill. I know because I was the one that organized the event for my house. It turned out pretty chill, no one fell over but some of the younger memeber didn't have that much fun cuz they couldn't drink. you could always pregame tho.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #12
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I want to have my Junior Prom on a yacht
Your a Junior in High School and you get to drive a Convertible 335i?!
Jeeze man lucky kid

you know what I did when I was a Junior? I sold things to make payments on a used $5,000 Integra.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #13
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Have it at a hotel or local night club.. My school would always rent out one.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #14
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
spirit of New York/NJ. They have a bunch of boats that rent out for parties - usually corporate cruises around manhattan. Dancefloor, Bar, Food...

http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/index.jsp

Since its a high school Junior prom, Bar will be juice/soda; being on a boat and drunk makes for a nasty mess anyways...
      11-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Attached Images

11-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Try World Yacht in NYC, Either you can charter the whole boat or book the whole boat.

I've been on one that's chartered out about 7-8 years ago for a big party...nice view of the city at night. Open top deck, has dance floor inside, catering...etc.

http://www.worldyacht.com/

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
tweak84
i shake a lot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M 17 X5M

this reminds me of that show on mtv my super sweet 16... but hey best of luck if it works out, but id have to agree about the whole insurance aspect of it, no matter how hard u try people will be drinking and then something bad is bound to happen...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Its not the fact that it says ballin in the name, its the fact that its followed by "boi"
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #19
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
Its not the fact that it says ballin in the name, its the fact that its followed by "boi"
      11-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #20
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
My Fraternity rented a small yacht for formals and it was 60 people and we had the boat for 4 hours in NewPort Beach, CA. It costed us about $2500 buffet dinner included.

so your looking at about $600 an hour and for a bigger boat for your needs, your looking at $1800-$2000 an hour. It gets pretty expansive, especially for that many people. 200 people capacity yachts are HUGE.

Also you have to be concerned about how much fun you guys are really going to have. Due to liability issues, Yacht rental companies are REALLY REALLY strict on underage drinking because all it takes is 1 dumbass drunk kid to fall overboard for them to be fucked. Then you gotta think about people getting sea sick, concerned parents, and school directors, etc. There are ALOT of details to work out. I hope your not responsible for working this out, because considering your still in highschool and most likely underage, they guna need an adult (most likely your parents) to sign the liability form, that means if something happens, your parents could be sued.

That being said, if you can pull it off, it'll be ill. I know because I was the one that organized the event for my house. It turned out pretty chill, no one fell over but some of the younger memeber didn't have that much fun cuz they couldn't drink. you could always pregame tho.
thankss..my teacher would be the one signing the liability form...and drinks wont be allowed...it might be as much fun for some without them, but at least it will be safer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Your a Junior in High School and you get to drive a Convertible 335i?!
Jeeze man lucky kid

you know what I did when I was a Junior? I sold things to make payments on a used $5,000 Integra.
thanks...im a fortunate kid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
spirit of New York/NJ. They have a bunch of boats that rent out for parties - usually corporate cruises around manhattan. Dancefloor, Bar, Food...

http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/index.jsp

Since its a high school Junior prom, Bar will be juice/soda; being on a boat and drunk makes for a nasty mess anyways...
thankss a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777ER View Post
Try World Yacht in NYC, Either you can charter the whole boat or book the whole boat.

I've been on one that's chartered out about 7-8 years ago for a big party...nice view of the city at night. Open top deck, has dance floor inside, catering...etc.

http://www.worldyacht.com/
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak84 View Post
this reminds me of that show on mtv my super sweet 16... but hey best of luck if it works out, but id have to agree about the whole insurance aspect of it, no matter how hard u try people will be drinking and then something bad is bound to happen...
its not really like that...im gonna be fund raising for months before i get anywhere close enough to raising enough money...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #21
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

you guys obviously have more experience in this stuff than i do, so i want to ask you another question...if I say that students can only come if their parents sign liability forms, would that take the pressure off the administration at my school, causing them to be more lenient with my venue choice??
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #22
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

WTF, my junior prom was in an abandoned warehouse...

u guys are so lucky

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0