E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Does college get interesting? I'm tired of bullshit classes

02-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Does college get interesting? I'm tired of bullshit classes

Maybe the reason why I am not soaking up things in my classes is because I don't give a fuck about them because I will never do ANYTHING with them in the real world? When does college start to get self motivating because I will be applying shit to something...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Uhhh...it never gets interesting (unless your college offers something YOU are interested in). I think if you are in college to have fun you are in the wrong place.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
Yah, US history, rhetoric and composition and calculus are never used in the real world.

If you aren't taking classes that you think are going to help you in the real world, my question to you is what are you doing at college... and wtf are you planning on doing in the real world. If you want to work construction you dont need a college degree for that.
no, i THINK what he is trying to say is that if you want to be something like "automotive engineer" why do you need to take a class about US history ?? its not like george washington is going to help you out with the designing the next big car lol
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
why don't you go to a trade school or a hands on school? they accept you right away and once you're done you start working right away.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Man just duke it out in class, and then party your ass off on weekends...that's the life for me back then, worked hard then partied hard...i almost banged my dorm cleaning lady, another beer and i would've done it

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

You gotta start working on projects with hot chicks in your class. That's the only way to stay motivated.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
What's your major? I think that college has been treating me pretty well. What don't you find interesting about college? Is it the class or "college life"? If it's the college experience itself, you might consider ... um.... more parties? (I'm not trying to ruin your life here, but parties are important. You learn much better when you are happy.) You might wanna change your friends. Hang out with the people that are sociable so that you can build up your network. I'm not trying to be mean here, but hanging out with the dungeons and dragons kid or the asian in the corner who looks like that he about to pull another Virginia tech is straight up social suicide. I happen to be quite good at math and physics and that landed me a teaching assistance position in the physics department. It pays well, but the bad part is now the bunch of chinese TA recognize me. They are nice and all but just plain lame. When they wave to me from all the way across campus, the best policy is to ignore them. Remember the nice picture in your college brochure where the blonds, the neards, the football players, and the cheerleaders sit and hangout together.... seemingly involved in some discussion....It's a LIE!!! That will never happen. Once you are seen with lame geeks, other will reject you. So the moral of the story? Choose your friends wisely. It will drastically improve your college life.

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
College is only as interesting as you made it to be. To many, biochem, microbiology, immunology, and genetics are their bane of existence, but there are also people like me that live and breathe science. On the other hand, I truly despise social sciences and they were my natural enemy even up until this day (damn you medical ethics). I also went to a state school and was in the College of Letters and Science, so I have a bunch of B/S breadth requirements that I have to fulfill. It depends on how you pick and choose your class. You've created a ton of these college related threads lately. It seems like you are seriously questioning whether the value of college, but since you're stuck with the ROTC, you are forced to do something that you don't enjoy. It's time to find a way out of this.
      02-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Man just duke it out in class, and then party your ass off on weekends...that's the life for me back then, worked hard then partied hard...i almost banged my dorm cleaning lady, another beer and i would've done it
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
No, you have to wait until you start a 9-5 day job...Then it gets really interesting!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
the "Real World" sux balls...college (like it or not) is the best time of your life...it is all downhill after that...sad to say

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Agreed, even though I worked during grad school, it's probably still better than internship and residency starting July 1st.
      02-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
NYSPEM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT

Deal with it, unless you enjoy asking people "do you want fries with that?"
If I sound harsh, the real world is even worse.

Certified V1 Zombie
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Maybe the reason why I am not soaking up things in my classes is because I don't give a fuck about them because I will never do ANYTHING with them in the real world? When does college start to get self motivating because I will be applying shit to something...
really? i find myself more passionate about the classes i've been taking lately like upper division physiology, neurology, behavior, and biology courses. but if your still taking pre-reqs, then your classes might not be as interesting.

if you don't like your classes or find them the least bit interesting, you might want to look at possible alternatives.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

What do you want out of college? Are you going to just get a degree, or are you going for something else/more?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

i feel you, but if you are bored shift course. my college days is really fun imagine it is 5yr course and over 15 subjects of different kind of math. try join on some clubs or better join on student council etc..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #17
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

What I'm getting at, is that I am 23 and a sophomore... I feel behind. I'm sick of having no money. I like college, I do... but money is the root of my stress because of what I racked up before school. But most of all, I don't feel important as a sophomore... I feel like all my classes are bullshit, not required and just ick.

With all these classes that are useless I am less motivated to pursue them hard out of desire and more so out of obligation. I'm still waiting to hear from the career counselor about my change of major and possible desired occupation. She put me through a bunch of tests to figure out what I'd like and not like.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #18
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

Quote:
What I'm getting at, is that I am 23 and a sophomore... I feel behind. I'm sick of having no money. I like college, I do... but money is the root of my stress because of what I racked up before school. But most of all, I don't feel important as a sophomore... I feel like all my classes are bullshit, not required and just ick.

With all these classes that are useless I am less motivated to pursue them hard out of desire and more so out of obligation. I'm still waiting to hear from the career counselor about my change of major and possible desired occupation. She put me through a bunch of tests to figure out what I'd like and not like.
that's the way it is... motivate yourself. if your attitude is the same even you shift any major you will fail...

when i entered college my major is computer engineering, 1st semester gone by i got bored i dont like the classes. 2nd year i shift my major to electronics and communications.. same old shit..

i learned, join on some activities.. you are not behind

you have to be more focused and look yourself after 5 or 10 yrs.
its up to you
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #19
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

First off. There is no such thing as a 9-5. Second, once you graduate with a BA or more you pay grade will skyrocket. Don't worry about bullshit, just keep on getting through it. I am freshman at a city college right now, living with my parents, and taking bullshit classes. Next year at Arizona State it will be all better. Keep yourself inspired and cheer-up. How do you think some of these people on this forum can afford a E90, E92? They all work their ass off and get shit done. Don't bitch out now

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
And when you finally get a job you're not going to bitch about having to do boring ass shit? Seriously, grow up. If you're going to school then that's your job. Do it well and stop bullshitting about what you feel like doing. I got news for you: No one gives a shit what you feel like doing. You do what you have to do and you either do it well or you half-ass it and bitch and whine like you seem to be doing so far. It's your choice. If you don't like it, get your ass out of there and give someone who actually wants to be there a shot. I hate spoiled ass whiny lazy know-it-all fucktards.
Know who you're talking to before you whip out such statements high speed. I enlisted in the Army after high school and have been doing it since. I come from a family where no one went to college, my Father lives in my grandmothers basement and my mother is terminally ill. I earned my spot from the ground up and got funding for my school through an Army Officer candidacy after I turned down the option to go to Drill Sergeant school with the best of them. So how about you use your analytical skills a bit more wisely, or go back to school to hone them...

Because you suck at character assessments PAL
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #21
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Know who you're talking to before you whip out such statements high speed. I enlisted in the Army after high school and have been doing it since. I come from a family where no one went to college, my Father lives in my grandmothers basement and my mother is terminally ill. I earned my spot from the ground up and got funding for my school through an Army Officer candidacy after I turned down the option to go to Drill Sergeant school with the best of them. So how about you use your analytical skills a bit more wisely, or go back to school to hone them...

Because you suck at character assessments PAL
So how are these people going to feel when you fail out of college and lose your officer candidacy because you couldn't stay awake in bullshit easy classes and posted on an internet forum all day?

Anyone who went to college had to take many of these classes. ROTC students have it especially hard because the requirements are based around providing you a well-rounded, balanced education no matter what your major.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #22
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post
So how are these people going to feel when you fail out of college and lose your officer candidacy because you couldn't stay awake in bullshit easy classes and posted on an internet forum all day?

Anyone who went to college had to take many of these classes. ROTC students have it especially hard because the requirements are based around providing you a well-rounded, balanced education no matter what your major.
Because my post was about failing out of college and quitting these classes right. What the fuck, people just like to set shit on fire. It's ok this crap is going no where.
Appreciate 0