E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Nintendo Wii - Lawers/Solictors etc I need your Help (UK only)

01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
madman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Above

Angry Nintendo Wii - Lawers/Solictors etc I need your Help (UK only)

Hi guys

I'm hoping you can help.

I had a fault on a Nintendo Wii which caused a problem with speckles on the screen. It was still in warranty so I sent it back to the Nintendo service center for repair.

I packaged it up in packing foam in a reinforced box. It was well packaged and had no way of moving.

several weeks later (today) I got it back.

It was in what looked like a shoe box 4 times the size of the wii with only one single layer of bubble wrap protecting it.

But thats not really the problem.

The Wii i got back was not mine. The one I sent was in mint condition. Not a mark on it anywhere and had only been used several times although it was almost a year old.

The Wii i got back had a broken flap, it was covered in scratches and the plastic was gouged out where the screw covers had been removed and the serial number was completely different.

After finally admitting it wasnt my wii on the phone I was told that they would get me another Wii sent out in mint condition.

The problem is, I don't know where this wii is coming from and how much use it has had, it could develop another fault as soon as i get it back but then it will be out of warranty.

Can anyone tell me where I stand please.

Thanks.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I know the UK has different laws (though both our laws are fairly similar), but if the warranty is anything like the one in the US for game consoles I'm pretty sure it specifies they can replace your broken device with a refurbished one and there is pretty much nothing you can do.
      01-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
madman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklm775 View Post
The two major features that set Nike air jordan shoes apart from other sneakers were in the design of the shoe itself, and in the logos printed on the shoes. The earliest shoes, released in 1985, were a leather base in both high top and low top varieties. They were the first shoes to carry the winged basketball shoes that would come to be known as one of two Nike Air Jordan standard logos. This logo would appear on three versions of Nike Air Jordan Shoes, printed on either the side near the ankle or on the tongue of the shoe. When the fourth version was introduced in 1987 the logo was changed to what was dubbed the 'jumpman' a picture of a basketball player going up for a slam-dunk. This logo appeared on many places depending on the particular shoe. Sides, tongue and sole were all fair game for logo placement and the jumpman appeared on all.jordan shoes

WTF

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Appreciate 0