E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > AKRA Promo Motorcycle - German Take on Futuristic Harley?

12-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

AKRA Promo Motorcycle - German Take on Futuristic Harley?

Wow, this seems quite interesting. Akra getting into bikes?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/10/a...of-this-world/

Press Release:
World Premiere for the New Akrapovič Full Moon Concept

Dec 6th 2014 - Akrapovič has officially unveiled its brand-new Full Moon concept motorcycle at the Bad Salzuflen Custombike Show in Germany in front of a captivated audience of show visitors, journalists, photographers, and selected guests.

This stunning new concept has been developed with the assistance of Slovenian Dreamachine Motorcycles-the same partnership that produced the legendary Morsus in 2011. Like its predecessor, the Full Moon is an extravagant, technically exceptional, promotional bike from Akrapovič.

Designed to be a continuation of the Morsus story, the Full Moon has a personality and characteristics completely different from its predecessor and has been designed to excite anyone that might not have been impressed by Akrapovič's first prototype machine-if that were at all possible!

This concept machine was developed to avoid being categorized, and as such is a bike that belongs nowhere and everywhere, making it a unique motorcycle. The name comes from the huge aluminum and carbon thirty-inch front wheel, which is completely visible, giving the impression of a full moon and making a huge statement of what this bike is about. Over eight hundred hours went into creating this superbly finished machine, which features an S&S Knucklehead 1,524 cc engine and two modified custom-made Akrapovič exhausts. The frame and bodywork are made entirely of sheet metal and form an extension to the exhausts. The bodywork is thus part of the Akrapovič exhaust system-an integral part, in fact-and the bike itself is essentially an exhaust.

The thirty-inch composite wheel is not found on other custom bikes, and another innovation is a composite braking disc, also unseen in this size on motorcycles until now. The steering is completely automated, which allows a minimalist steering rod without any visible cables that would otherwise be required for the bike to function. The Full Moon can also stand upright when parked, courtesy of its hydraulic suspension. This is an extremely technically advanced motorcycle, full of unique elements that were carefully chosen to make the bike totally exclusive, and the shape hides completely new solutions used on a custom bike for the first time. The Full Moon is like no other bike out there now, and Akrapovič is very proud of it.

The Full Moon is now the star attraction at the Akrapovič booth-which also features all the latest state-of-the-art Akrapovič custom bike exhausts-at Bad Salzuflen, where it will remain until the end of the show, before heading off to be showcased at many other events, exhibitions, and fairs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067513

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067513

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067513
      12-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Interesting concept but that design would absolutely suck to ride anywhere. You would be fighting the wind to keep it strait because of the solid front wheel and covered rear wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
Interesting concept but that design would absolutely suck to ride anywhere. You would be fighting the wind to keep it strait because of the solid front wheel and covered rear wheel.
Well. That's the whole point of a cruiser/Harley no?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
It is a "promo bike" so if it ever did come to market it would be more refined for daily rides. I'll keep waiting for my H2...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When I had my first FatBoy it had the solid wheels. I didn't notice anything about wind affecting my drivability, nor any difference now with the more open wheels I have.

Granted they weren't 30"
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
When I had my first FatBoy it had the solid wheels. I didn't notice anything about wind affecting my drivability, nor any difference now with the more open wheels I have.

Granted they weren't 30"
I know a lot of HD owners argue back and forth about it. My neighbor had a V-Rod and he changed his wheels because the wind buffeting made him feel uncomfortable.
Appreciate 0