E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > RANT- Target Policy

12-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #23
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
That doesn't mean they follow it blindly. Sometimes you have to bend the rules to please customers. Hell the last time I went there to buy a lens they just printed something out online and they matched it.
I think whatever place that was gave you great service. I haven't had such great luck getting price matching without a printed ad, really anywhere. I've only tried a few times, but all but once I was told I needed a printed ad to be able to credit the item.
      12-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
I worked at Target electronics for about 7 years. When I was there, the policy was no price matching at all. At first they matched prices with competitors (K-Mart, Walmart) but than they stopped. I dont know why, and it sucked because it pissed a lot of people off and in turn, made my job a lot harder cuz everyone was pissed me even though I had no control over the policies.
I saw it hundreds of times, people arguing the policies...theres nothing the team members or managers can do...they come from Mr Target himself.
Yeah I can only imagine what it was like on you. I've been in situations where you can't do much. In those situations I wish I could change the policy somehow. I mean if a policy pisses customers off that much you figured Target would change it. but noooo...oh well.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 01:55 AM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
I doubt that customer service rep. really cared if you purchased the DVD or not. Some people are just lazy to check for you to be able to do the price match. It's easier to just say "No". Their paycheck doesn't change.
Yeah man- i even offered to call a local BB for them. Why they only match things that are advertised is beyond me. Hell I checked with Sears and not only will they match it, they would give me 10% of the difference ($4 in this case). Too bad I bought already bought it elsewhere and was checking with Sears just cus I was curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
I think whatever place that was gave you great service. I haven't had such great luck getting price matching without a printed ad, really anywhere. I've only tried a few times, but all but once I was told I needed a printed ad to be able to credit the item.
Really? I thought most places usually do that. I mean others on the board have had the same luck too. Maybe it does depend on the stores- who knows...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 02:31 AM   #26
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
instead of driving for 40miles, I would have just ordered it online and saved myself the hassle.
Considering you've been waiting around, an extra 2 days won't kill you I'm sure.

Amazon Prime is the best thing ever
      12-31-2009, 03:07 AM   #27
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

im kinda digging target i got season 1-2 of entourage for 34bucks!!! bestbuy sell that shit for 33 per season
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #28
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
instead of driving for 40miles, I would have just ordered it online and saved myself the hassle.
Considering you've been waiting around, an extra 2 days won't kill you I'm sure.

Amazon Prime is the best thing ever
Yeah I ended up buying it online. It should be here soon. This blu-ray better be worth it or Imma be pissed.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
im kinda digging target i got season 1-2 of entourage for 34bucks!!! bestbuy sell that shit for 33 per season
Yeah like I said I liked Target. Every store will have good deals but when other stores have the same deal, they should make it easy to price match. Hell they're basically saying "we don't want your money here".
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Most likely they feel that they actively monitor pricing for the majority of their stock items to remain competitive, and the ones they don't they are fine with selling less of for higher margins.

It becomes a slippery slope too. People ALWAYS try and get an edge and abuse it. Should you limit price matching to other brick-and-motor buildings? Their online prices too? Costco? What about Amazon who has no physical stores and can have price changes by a low price vendor intra-day?

If it were your store would you price match Buy.com, Overstock.com, etc.? Plus with some items there are multiple versions of the same item. What if items are not in stock? What about Black Friday specials? Should every store be prepared to match every one else's promotions? I wouldn't.

I've even had to ask and wait for approval to get Best Buy's store to meet their own online pricing. The 2 times this happened it was conveyed to me that they were willing to do it but it was by no means a certainty that they had to/would do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #31
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Target is owned or run by a French company...heck they even have a Citation X corporate jet that was seen in IND. White plane with a red tail, the target logo is glossy red while the rest of it is flat red.

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0