E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Lawyers chime in? or anyone that understands...

09-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Lawyers chime in? or anyone that understands...

Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, but I have a lease agreement and am unsure of what is written, just try to tell me what it says. I'm pretty sure that it means the lessor has to take care of the damages but I may just be wrong and it is misworded.

Lessee's Maintenance:
"Lesse shall throughout the lease term maintain the leased premises and keep them free from waste or nuisance, and shall deliver up the premises in a clean and sanitary condition at the terminiation of this lease in good repar and condition, reasonable wear and tear and damage by fire, tornado or other casualty excepted."

Does that mean that the person who is leasing the property (landlord) will take care of damage by hurricane or will it be the person who is paying rent(tenant)?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, but I have a lease agreement and am unsure of what is written, just try to tell me what it says. I'm pretty sure that it means the lessor has to take care of the damages but I may just be wrong and it is misworded.

Lessee's Maintenance:
"Lesse shall throughout the lease term maintain the leased premises and keep them free from waste or nuisance, and shall deliver up the premises in a clean and sanitary condition at the terminiation of this lease in good repar and condition, reasonable wear and tear and damage by fire, tornado or other casualty excepted."

Does that mean that the person who is leasing the property (landlord) will take care of damage by hurricane or will it be the person who is paying rent(tenant)?
landlord will carry insurance on the structure and will cover damage from insured events.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

It means the landlord will take care of damage caused by acts of god (natural disasters). So in your case the landlord is responsible for the hurrican damage. Also the landlord probably has insurance on the property.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

liability insurance

lessor shall furnish insurance on the building and will maintain and keep the same in force during the term of this lease. lessee shall furnish insurance on the contents and shall maintain general liability insurance in a minimal amount of $100,000.00

assuming that just proves that the landlord is supposed to have insurance on the building, but the lessee is supposed to cover everything inside?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
liability insurance

lessor shall furnish insurance on the building and will maintain and keep the same in force during the term of this lease. lessee shall furnish insurance on the contents and shall maintain general liability insurance in a minimal amount of $100,000.00

assuming that just proves that the landlord is supposed to have insurance on the building, but the lessee is supposed to cover everything inside?
You would be responsible for damage over normal wear and tear on the inside of the unit. For instance, holes in the wall from a nail used to hang a picture would be fine, a hole the size of your drunk buddies head who ran in to the wall at your crazy house warming party would be your responsibilty to fix.

The outside of the unit would be covered under the landlords insurance against hurricanes, tornados, floods etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
You would be responsible for damage over normal wear and tear on the inside of the unit. For instance, holes in the wall from a nail used to hang a picture would be fine, a hole the size of your drunk buddies head who ran in to the wall at your crazy house warming party would be your responsibilty to fix.

The outside of the unit would be covered under the landlords insurance against hurricanes, tornados, floods etc.
+1

If for instance there is a flood and water got in the, that is not your responsibility it is the lessors.
Appreciate 0