E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Too soon?

03-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #45
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
What do you mean? It's those long, drawn-out moments of off-colored-ness that adds zest to life!!!

Just chock it up to experience...it's only two months. And they go quick. Soon it will be Easter, then two-three weeks, then it's finals time. It could be worse...it could be january

But don't worry, this kind of stuff happens to people all the time. I can never walk into Papa Johns ever again, if that makes you feel any better
Hahah yea i got class with him today, but im not going. Me and my best friend are gonna hang out today and do errands. Funny, a week ago i couldnt wait to see him at class. Now im like eek.. Damn why did he ruin it, why did he tell me how mch he likes me, why did he get all affectionate, and start asking me out all the time. Booo..
      03-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #46
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Hahah yea i got class with him today, but im not going. Me and my best friend are gonna hang out today and do errands. Funny, a week ago i couldnt wait to see him at class. Now im like eek.. Damn why did he ruin it, why did he tell me how mch he likes me, why did he get all affectionate, and start asking me out all the time. Booo..

Haha.. oh my.. so your blaming him now!! Just kidding.... well I suppose guys do make the mistake of coming on too strong. One should always test the waters for awhile before diving in. But I think the class will be much more awkward for him than for you considering he was the one calling you.

Last edited by mtnyeti12; 03-20-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #47
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
I don't think you should make up an excuse to hang out less with him. You should just come right out and say it... I like you, but since I just got out of a long relationship, I think you're moving a little too fast for me. Especially since I'll be moving away for school soon, I don't want to get into any serious relationship. We can still hang out once in a while if you like, but I think that's about it... IMO you should say something to that effect, otherwise, no matter what you do, you'll hurt people's feeling sooner or later.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Yes, the guy really likes you. If he was just into being friends he wouldnt want to be seeing you everyday (unless he's got no other friends).
Then go back to the title of the thread. I think that speaks volumes. It probably is too soon. Just don't let the awkwardness prevent you from going to class. Once you tell him how it is, he's just gotta deal with it.
      03-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #48
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnyeti12
One should always test the waters for a awhile before diving in.
Reminds me of another saying, "when you fall in love, make sure there's someone there to catch you"
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #49
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Damn why did he ruin it, why did he tell me how mch he likes me, why did he get all affectionate, and start asking me out all the time. Booo

Rookie maneuver....Gotta keep that bad boy image up a little bit longer next time.
      03-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #50
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Quote:
Just wait until you have a husband and you see his mug EVERY day of your life for 60 years and you do everything together. Fun times.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #51
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Damn why did he ruin it, why did he tell me how mch he likes me, why did he get all affectionate, and start asking me out all the time. Booo

Rookie maneuver....Gotta keep that bad boy image up a little bit longer next time.
HAHAHA!! No doubt... total rookie!! Well ya learn from your mistakes so I guess it's a life lesson well learned...
      03-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #52
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Give him the shaft before he tries giving it to you!

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #53
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Ok so i posted that i asked that one guy out from my class. So whatever, we're talking.. went to see a movie last night. He stopped by my work on friday night..etc. Well i kinda think he likes me alot now. He told me that hes gonna stop by the restuarant tonight to see me and grab some dinner. Whatever, i mean its cool and all, but i dunno if hes pushing it you know. He tells me he cant wait to see me again, he thinks im incredible, and weve only hung out like 3x. yea we talk in class, but its not like i want a relationship or a boyfriend. After the movie last night, he was driving back to his place.. so i casually said, um i think your going the wrong way. Nevertheless, i think he felt stupid and said o.. i was gonna go back to my place, if thats cool. I was like o sorry i didnt know, so he ended up turning around. How can i not lead him on..? I like hanging out with him, but i think hes a little more into it than i am.
Tell him you love him, and that you were thinking what the hell, we should just move in together and consider marriage. Mention that you would like 4 kids minimum, given your heritage and propensity for large families. This would scare the shit out of 95% of guys - I know I would never call you back.
      03-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #54
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu
Tell him you love him, and that you were thinking what the hell, we should just move in together and consider marriage. Mention that you would like 4 kids minimum, given your heritage and propensity for large families. This would scare the shit out of 95% of guys - I know I would never call you back.
That might not work...didn't you ever see that Three's Company episode where Chrissy tried that???
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #55
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

All you have to say is that you have HPV with occasional breakouts of genital herpes. That should do the trick UNLESS he tells you "that's OK - I already have those". Then that would be the point in time where you dump him.

EDIT: You have to mention those two because they are specifically ineffectively prevented even with the use of a condom.
      03-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #56
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
EDIT: You have to mention those two because they are specifically ineffectively prevented even with the use of a condom.
What? I thought I was up on my disease FYI...how are they able to be spread even with a condom?...without getting too explicit, of course...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #57
330Inewbie
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnyeti12
Bella - does he repeatedly put his hand on your leg then pull it away followed by "A schuzzy... a schuzzy... a schuzzy me". If so you may have a problem.... Okay so I just saw Euro Trip... things get out here a little slower.

my 2 cents, this guy already showing signs of being overbearing. it will only get worse if you keep things going. Clearly he is not your style, which is take it slow and have a life outside of each other. We all know he likes you for your car, just give him a ride in it once in a while.
      03-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #58
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

My bet is that he has seen this thread, and you are screwed.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #59
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu
By the sounds of this guy, he would go for that.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #60
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
What? I thought I was up on my disease FYI...how are they able to be spread even with a condom?...without getting too explicit, of course...
Any contact with any vaginal fluids can transmit these diseases. Which literally implies that you're unsafe since your balls are exposed.
      03-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #61
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Any contact with any vaginal fluids can transmit these diseases. Which literally implies that you're unsafe since your balls are exposed.
Ewwww, I guess I'm going to have to get a bunch of those full-body condoms like the one Leslie Nielsen wore in the naked gun!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #62
Squawks
United_States
Rep

03-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #63
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBMW
Just be honest with him, and you'll have your way. He won't ask you out anymore, then maybe you'll respect him again.
      03-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #64
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

Quote:
maybe you werent really into that guy. maybe you just did it for the "hunt." the hunt is half the fun in a relationship and it sets the tone for the rest of your time together. he gave in too early and there was no more challange for you. its kinda like you could win the lottery and buy yourself a nice car/house and thatd be nice but it a lot more satisfying if you busted you ass working for it. although i must say every once in a while it is nice to "win the lottery." j/k. no seriously though, just do whatever makes you happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #65
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I have to agree that him giving in too early was def the reason why im sort of over it. However, i can pretty much garuntee that if he doesnt call me for a few days, my interest will spark up again. He needs to give me space, and allow me to chase him. I HATE when guys are all up on me, it makes me feel like im a piece of meat. I want to be the predator.. i wanna pounce.
      03-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #66
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
I have to agree that him giving in too early was def the reason why im sort of over it. However, i can pretty much garuntee that if he doesnt call me for a few days, my interest will spark up again. He needs to give me space, and allow me to chase him. I HATE when guys are all up on me, it makes me feel like im a piece of meat. I want to be the predator.. i wanna pounce.
The best strategy is following a first date to not call the girl back for at least a week. 90% of the time she will call and either just play it off or ask why I haven't called her, didn't we have fun. This is best kept for more insane girls (that thrive on attention) or very attractive girls (that are used to attention).