E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cung le vs Shamrock

03-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #23
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Frank fought an unintelligent fight, although he was finding a way to connect late in the third. It's like a stand up guy wanting to purely grapple with a Gracie....it makes no sense. He let his ego get in the way, and he paid for it.

Barring that injury, I think he would have had a chance to win in the 4th or 5th as he was finding a way around Le's kicks. Le was hurt in the third, but Frank just got injured.

I hope if they rematch Frank just takes him down and submits him, assuming his acl is good.

Congrats to Le.
      03-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #24
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Like who? And, what type of match/rules?

He has no ground game at all, AFAIK.
a lot of his previous opponents where from Muay Thai backgrounds and people from the ISKA. I dont really remember their names. I agree with no proven ground game but I guess you have to take the opponent down first to expose his weakness. Cung does have a decent take down defense.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #25
Ru$$ell
M0derator
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: your mom

great fight,to bad cung le broke shamrock's right wrist,would have love to see sham put him on the ground though
      03-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #26
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

was it the last kick to the head that shamrock tried to block broke his wrist? this computer don't have sound i can't hear shit

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #27
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
a lot of his previous opponents where from Muay Thai backgrounds and people from the ISKA. I dont really remember their names. I agree with no proven ground game but I guess you have to take the opponent down first to expose his weakness. Cung does have a decent take down defense.
Exactly the reason I why I question Frank's strategy of trying to exchange with Le. Stupid male ego

I think if Frank really tried, he could've taken down Le (again, assuming his acl is fixed). The fight outcome would've been entirely different if he did.
      03-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #28
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
was it the last kick to the head that shamrock tried to block broke his wrist? this computer don't have sound i can't hear shit
i think it was one of the kicks in the first round that broke it. then he just kept taking them on the wrist and cung kept aiming for one part on the wrist and eventually his arm just wouldn't go anymore
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #29
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Exactly the reason I why I question Frank's strategy of trying to exchange with Le. Stupid male ego

I think if Frank really tried, he could've taken down Le (again, assuming his acl is fixed). The fight outcome would've been entirely different if he did.
coulda, shoulda, woulda...dont mean jack...frank lost!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #30
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
That arm took a beating through the night. It was the last kick that he tried to block to the head that broke it. Look at his reaction and how he just dropped that arm.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #31
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

wow good fight but i must agree Frank lost as soon as he got up in the first round. He should have drawn Le into the guard and really try and win.... but a lose is a lose and its deserved in this care...
Appreciate 0