E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Nurburgring In The USA?

03-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #23
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Bullshit is a hard word to use. I did not mean it that way but its old and there are better tracks to copy if you schould copy.
      03-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #24
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
We can just close West Virginia and convert the entire state; it is not as if it is being used for anything else. And amazingly, WV has some very nice roads.

No offense to any West Virginians, but it is true.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #25
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
The Japanese already tried this..

Its not possible due to the amount of space and landscapping one would need.. its pointless and not worth it.. the ring is built in the mountains so good luck trying to build and copy 10miles of mountain roads lol
yes it may not be worth it but i dont think its not possible. people built man made islands in dubai and a ski resort right there in the middle of the desert. with enough money and motivation i think it can be built. peace out.
      03-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #26
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

vanderbilt built his own private raceway from Ronkonkoma in LI, NY to Queens, NY. part of it still exists but it's been widened and straightened for normal driving.

do a google search for "motor parkway".
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:48 AM   #27
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
$2mil/mile for a two lane paved road seems a bit pricey.. I doubt it is that expensive.

-Nathan
Your right I understated it.

http://www.dot.state.fl.us/estimates...eMilecosts.htm

Its $2.6 million. I was just going off a recent bid in my local area to build a few roads in a development.

You have to realize you have to get planing and approval from the city, so your looking at $45k for plans and fees for your firm you hire to the government fees. Then you have to have the raw land cleared and graded (but before that have an environmental study and impact study done along with a site excavation to make sure it had no artifacts on the land). Then you have to lay the gravel then pave over that ect. To build a small road your looking at at least 6 months of time from start to finish.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #28
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
We can just close West Virginia and convert the entire state; it is not as if it is being used for anything else. And amazingly, WV has some very nice roads.

No offense to any West Virginians, but it is true.
West Virginia already has the Karussell, we can just extend the Shenandoah Circuit.

Appreciate 0