E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Suggestions for a JB4 diagnostic netbook

11-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Suggestions for a JB4 diagnostic netbook

So I wanted some input as to what you guys think would be the cheapest / most effective windows laptop or netbook for JB4 diagnostics in the car via USB.

Any opinions? Ideally, i'd like a cheap as dirt and somewhat reliable netbook with decent battery life so I can just leave the laptop in the car and run diags as I see fit.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

acer dual-atom (2gb ram, 10", 240gb)... mine is rounding 2 years and can still be my primary pc (though it isn't). it's down to about $220 now.

it's perfect for email, browsing (use chrome, very noticeable difference on a netbook), office apps, and playing songs/videos. and of course, retro games! i think they've included hdmi out now also. the battery's fine, and pretty cheap/easy to get a 2nd
Appreciate 0