E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > MJ vs. Lebron/Kobe

10-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
MJ vs. Lebron/Kobe

So basically in the video MJ says he would beat a list of hall of fame players including Lebron. He does say Kobe might beat him because he stole all of his moves. What do you guys think? My money would always be on MJ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ut-kobe-bryant

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

6 rings. Considered by many the greatest ever. Heart of an assassin. Skills, athletic ability.

Ill go with MJ.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

^ 6 Finals Trips = 6 Rings = 6 Finals MVPs

whoever will have to equal or top that to even be in the conversation.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

It's hard when people try to compare these athletes from different eras. Just like the Peyton/Elway debate going on now too. The competition evolves and so does the gameplay and skillset required to be the best..MJ owned back then and he's got a hell of a lot of MVP's/rings but Kobe & LBJ are up against a lot of different opponents that play a different style of ball now too..it's tough. But I would still pick MJ if anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
It's hard when people try to compare these athletes from different eras. Just like the Peyton/Elway debate going on now too. The competition evolves and so does the gameplay and skillset required to be the best..MJ owned back then and he's got a hell of a lot of MVP's/rings but Kobe & LBJ are up against a lot of different opponents that play a different style of ball now too..it's tough. But I would still pick MJ if anything.
It's was harder back then. Remember the Jordan rules and the Knicks vs Bulls wars. That type of play is flagrant fouls now. Jordan would still dominate today. Or I'll say those Bull teams would. Those teams were on point.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

forget the rings for a second, MJ needs to chill out and lay low. He's old and done with now, sure he was great or whatever.. but to come out of nowhere and say he can beat this person and that person is a little ridiculous. Desperate for attention much?

And i think LB would beat him with sheer force and power.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
forget the rings for a second, MJ needs to chill out and lay low. He's old and done with now, sure he was great or whatever.. but to come out of nowhere and say he can beat this person and that person is a little ridiculous. Desperate for attention much?

And i think LB would beat him with sheer force and power.
Watch the interview...he compares himself at his prime and everyone else in their prime.
http://espn.go.com/
      10-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I think MJ would beat Kobe and most of the others, but Lebron is a beast, I don't know if he could beat LB in 1on1, I would pay all kinds of $ to watch it though lol...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Jordan was as athletic, even more I'd say late 80's, early 90's. Sure power can back you down in the paint, but if Jordan wanted to score he always found a way. His jumping,speed,creativity tops all to be honest, not even close. Also mentioning steals season leader.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

No contest, MJ was not only athletic and skillful, but the guy is incredibly smart and knew the game inside and out. IMO, Lebron is just a really big guy, with great skills. Jordan had exceptional skills. Prime MJ would take even Prime Kobe. Some of you younger ones never even saw MJ play. The guy had a flow that is simply hard to combat.
      10-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I agree with MJ. His entire career, he dominated a league filled with hall of famers. Unlike now, there probably better athletes in the NBA, however, not better basketball players. Then, I'll take the black mamba, " Kobe."
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Lebron " Flopping " James, give me a break. MJ is the best. As a Knicks fan, I had many miserable seasons thanks to MJ.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #13
Jroc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Its funny you guys mention Jordans speed like Lebron is slow, I can almost gurantee you that Lebron would beat jordan in the 40'.

It depends what game they play, if lebron posted up on Jordan the whole game then it would be tough for jordan to win. If Jordan was just chucking up shots his percentage might get him the win. You mold yourself to the game, you honestly think if Lebron played basketball in the Bullts/utah/piston area he wouldnt play just as tough? And lets not even bring the rings to the conversation, theirs a few people with more rings than MJ himself.

Jordans biggest and deserving argument is 6 Final apperances = 6 win = 6 final mvps.
      10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Lebron " Flopping " James, give me a break. MJ is the best. As a Knicks fan, I had many miserable seasons thanks to MJ.
Those 91-94 playoff games between Bulls and Knicks are CLASSIC NBA. CLASSIC.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #15
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
No contest, MJ was not only athletic and skillful, but the guy is incredibly smart and knew the game inside and out. IMO, Lebron is just a really big guy, with great skills. Jordan had exceptional skills. Prime MJ would take even Prime Kobe. Some of you younger ones never even saw MJ play. The guy had a flow that is simply hard to combat.
The best way to describe this is the in/out baseline move against two Knicks and the finish over Ewing! MJ is Not Human!
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Explosiveness 1-2 step wins in one on one, not dashes to me. Jordan went to the basket all day early on. Any nba player exhausted, who do you choose to have the final shot? MJ no doubt. Under pressure,tired,loose ball, smart plays, mind games...no one IMO is close.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

No, Lebron wouldn't be able to drive to the basket like he does now and not get challenged. Players, and teams were not afraid to bang bodies, and won't move out of the way when someone would drive. Refferees were not as quick to blow the whistle, or anticipate contact. After a few hard licks, Lebron would start crying to the refferees, and become know as the " league cry baby." Jordan would take a hard hit, get up in your face, talk smack, and drop 50. Jordans entire career, he faced teams night in, and night out that were physical, and competitive. And lets not forget all the quality centers in the league. Jordans wall to climb for champlonships were a lot harder than Lebrons. We all know what a great talent Lebron is, just please let's not put him the same class as Jordan.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
No, Lebron wouldn't be able to drive to the basket like he does now and not get challenged. Players, and teams were not afraid to bang bodies, and won't move out of the way when someone would drive. Refferees were not as quick to blow the whistle, or anticipate contact. After a few hard licks, Lebron would start crying to the refferees, and become know as the " league cry baby." Jordan would take a hard hit, get up in your face, talk smack, and drop 50. Jordans entire career, he faced teams night in, and night out that were physical, and competitive. And lets not forget all the quality centers in the league. Jordans wall to climb for champlonships were a lot harder than Lebrons. We all know what a great talent Lebron is, just please let's not put him the same class as Jordan.
Bulls vs Pistons were epic battles with veeeeery few whistles and complaints. Just good old back at ya action! There's good ball players, today's elite ball players, and then there's MJ.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Bulls vs Pistons were epic battles with veeeeery few whistles and complaints. Just good old back at ya action! There's good ball players, today's elite ball players, and then there's MJ.
Jordan rules...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
teen335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport

All jokes aside. I think it would be a good game, if Lebron and MJ played each other 1 on 1 in their primes, but I don't think Lebron has hit his prime yet, which is scary.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

the thing about mj is he wont lose. he would rather shank you in the kidney then call it a win if he had to.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #22
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

I wish those who jumped on the Miami Heat, Lebron James bandwagon. could've seen Jordan play.Those of you that are in your 20s, I wish you could've watch him, and the rest of the NBA play. You will understand, and appreciate the game more. Now we have a bunch of teams, and players that are not good. If it weren't for their size, they won't be in the NBA. The NBA is hard for me to watch, and believe me, I'm a HUGE Knicks fan. Today with all the BS calls that refferees make, it's hard to get into the game. Let's go Knicks.
Appreciate 0