E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Moving to North Carolina

04-23-2006, 07:26 AM   #23
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
My company has an office in the area of Cary, NC. I go there sometimes and it's a nice area. I think you'll like it. Best of luck!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #24
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Don't tell me stupid expensive, lol. I'm paying $1200 a month for a 1/1 apartment and I found 2/2 apartments in Cary for $800. I found beautiful houses on realtor.com in Cary for under $250k. If I post them will you tell me if they're good locations? Also as far as commuting, it says that UNC is about 25 minutes from Cary and right now I commute 2 miles and it takes me 15-30 minutes.
FYI, texas got cheap houses at the moment. But is too is catching up to other state. Example, 2000 sq ft runs about 160K brand new.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #25
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Good luck with the move.

Condos in my part of town in LA.....650K....no way can you get any house in the 260K range.
Yes you can, believe it or not, there are some huts in downtown that you can buy for a little under $300k, of course the condition the properties are in, you are pretty much just buying the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
This place is selling for $261,000 in Brownsville (one of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn) . The property is being sold "as is". Notice the proximity of the elevated train and the boarded up windows.
As far as that building goes... you'd probably pay around $1 mil for that thing in SF, no joke.
      04-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #26
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Well my dad was living in Vero Beach and he got an apartment in Cary. He's moving in around May 5th. I decided to stick it out and finish school here since I only have one year left and just look for houses to keep me occupied. I might get something sooner than a year if the price is right since I'm concerned if I wait a year the prices may begin to climb. I'm going up to visit my dad the second week of May so I'll check out the areas and prepare for my dream house.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #27
USAF BMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: hopefully...

nikki how old are you, 19?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #28
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF BMW
nikki how old are you, 19?

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #29
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Anyone in the Raleigh/Durham area?
I am looking to transfer to UNC or NCSU. Are there any other schools I should consider for business-marketing? I don't want to spend any more than $20k a year in tuition out-of-state. Hopefully I will be in-state after a year and can get the discounted tuition, but it may be two years. I'm going to get my associate's so that I won't have to worry about transferring credits.

I don't think I can transfer into any school for this Fall since the deadlines have already past and UNC won't let you transfer in during the spring, so I'm looking at entry-level marketing/sales jobs for a year. I can get some experience and then I'll probably be able to file for in-state tuition. I think it will be nice to take a year off, and I'm really looking forward to the change of scenery.

The traffic, people, and prices down here are not working for me right now and it will be great to meet some people that are more relaxed and courteous and be able to actually drive my car and buy a house. 2/1 condos down here are no less than $250k.

I'm looking at houses in Cary/Apex for between $150k-$250k and finding tons of great choices. Most of them are 3/2 with .2-.5 acres and were built within the past 10 years.

So any info on the area from current or past residents is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm actually at UNC right now; I'm graduating this may with a masters. Real estate prices in Chapel Hill are pretty high, but Durham and Raleigh are quite cheap, compared to other places in the country.

Weather is great (although probably not as good as florida), but the state has a very rural feel to it, although the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill triangle area is not bad, and fairly cosmopolitan.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
gasman mike
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Jerez black

cary housing

These days the Cary/Apex housing market isn't doing too good as far as resell value. Definitely a buyers market. Keep that in mind because you don't want to buy a place and then face losing your ass when it comes time to sell.
Chapel Hill is about a 35-45 minute drive depending on part of Cary you're in and how fast you drive. Chapel Hill property will always appreciate. Cary/Apex not so much.

All this aside, anyone got any purchase prices on 2009 M3s in Raleigh? Mine is on the way and I am trying to get an idea of the buying climate as I haven't agreed on a purchase price for the new car or the trade-in price on my 2004 330i which is for sale by the way for 20k.

I am trying to figure out how low I can reasonably argue for the purchase price. Edmunds.com said invoice is around 64k and the msrp is 70k before TT&L. Prolly looking at 71k out the door full price.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #31
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman mike View Post
These days the Cary/Apex housing market isn't doing too good as far as resell value. Definitely a buyers market. Keep that in mind because you don't want to buy a place and then face losing your ass when it comes time to sell.
Chapel Hill is about a 35-45 minute drive depending on part of Cary you're in and how fast you drive. Chapel Hill property will always appreciate. Cary/Apex not so much.

All this aside, anyone got any purchase prices on 2009 M3s in Raleigh? Mine is on the way and I am trying to get an idea of the buying climate as I haven't agreed on a purchase price for the new car or the trade-in price on my 2004 330i which is for sale by the way for 20k.

I am trying to figure out how low I can reasonably argue for the purchase price. Edmunds.com said invoice is around 64k and the msrp is 70k before TT&L. Prolly looking at 71k out the door full price.
Dude, look at the date of this thread.
      10-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #32
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #33
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed