E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E-Box Fan Replacement

04-13-2024, 10:28 AM   #1
Andrewah05
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i TiAg

E-Box Fan Replacement

Hey all,

Just finished changing my e-box fan, used the instructions from ISTA which were helpful. Just thought id share some of my experience with it. Firstly, I went through the glove box way, removed trim, glove box etc. Toughest parts included getting the t-20 torx bolts from the fuse box and connecting the e-box fan back. The new part was BMW OE from Ebay (Latvia) was about 180 usd total with shipping. The connector would not go in, I tried for almost an hour to get it connected, finally I did. Removing the old connector was also a mission and a half, it was the original one so I'm assuming years of just being stuck together. Also, the cable was significantly shorter than the the new one but once connected everything lined up, it was held in by 2 t-15 torx. All in all, it took me 2 hours with removing everything and being super careful, its super tight to work in that area. One final note, I noticed my fuse box was missing the top left, possibly the hardest one to get too, I don't remember any repair having to be done on it, good thing I have the previous service records might dig into them too see if any work was done. In conclusion if you need this job done its not that difficult, take your time, disconnect battery, flexible socket extension helps a lot if you have one also t-20 torx allen key and try not to drop a million screws like i did Happy DIYing.
Appreciate 0