E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone deal with Bank Of America Overdrafts?

09-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

if you know a banking center manager personally, they can choose to reverse the fees or if you call customer service and get someone nice, they might reverse "some" of it. it's not likely you'll get all of it back unless you have a very very good story to prove its not your fault.
      09-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90

i honestly don't understand this. i have overdrafted twice in my entire life and that was when i was 17. check your balance. if you're close to empty, pull cash out. stop using your debit card if you can't keep track of everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I don't know why anyone banks with bofa. Their security and customer service consistently rank among the worst banks in the industry. You can get MUCH better interest rates from a local bank, online bank, or credit union. I'm getting 4.25% on my checking account with NCBT.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
i honestly don't understand this. i have overdrafted twice in my entire life and that was when i was 17. check your balance. if you're close to empty, pull cash out. stop using your debit card if you can't keep track of everything.
some people can't manage their money as well as you do.
      09-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Yikes. That's scary Maestro as I'm in the same situation with paperless statements. Fortunately, I recently realized how to set up e-mail alerts for when my statements are issued.

They did not send me an email either specific about the change in payment days. I have an email that normally comes saying payment is due, but it was like all the other payments were due, it does not say anything about hey we changed your payment day. Trust me they were operating on the edge of being ethical that was for sure and can tell they did it in hopes to catch people.

Generally, I own up to when I screwed up, but they send me notices in big bold print say here we doing this nice thing for you or got this new services or the such. But this one they did not highlight, they did everything they could to make sure it did not stand out to be noticed.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #28
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
if you know a banking center manager personally, they can choose to reverse the fees or if you call customer service and get someone nice, they might reverse "some" of it. it's not likely you'll get all of it back unless you have a very very good story to prove its not your fault.
I tend to be on your side and tell people to suck it up and deal with your mistake, and you need to manage your money better. I am very good at managing my money and never pay interest or service fees, I am such a good customer and have over an 800 credit rating that when I did screw up few times I get the fees waived each time.

However, the banks are playing games now, and the fact I got caught in one of their games I feel bad for those who do not have the ability to get the fee waived.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-14-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I got an overdraft charge from a check the I cashed with them bouncing. I had enough in my account to cover the check, but the $35 fee for the bounced check sent me below zero and they charged me an extra $20 for my account going under. \

They changed it and gave me a refund because I asked to close my account right after they told me they wouldn't refund the charges (since it wasn't really my fault)
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #30
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I tend to be on your side and tell people to suck it up and deal with your mistake, and you need to manage your money better. I am very good at managing my money and never pay interest or service fees, and I such a good customer and have over 800 credit rating that when I do screw up few times I get the fees waived each time.

However, the banks are playing games now, and the fact I got caught in one of their games I feel bad for those who do ability to get the fee waived.
You must have not taken out any loans or opened any accounts in the past year, and have never made a late payment or gotten charged anything. I have a high 700 credit score and I have never made a late payment, have multiple long term accounts, and pay my CCs off every month. The score is not just from how good you are with payments. It also takes into account when the most recent account was opened, you debt to equity ratio (the higher limit on your card the better), as well as how many times your credit score has been checked within the last month or so.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #31
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Bank of America has an official way to resolve this issue. From personal experience I can tell you they do and for me it worked well. I have a phone number you can call to a department that specifically deals with these hardship issues. I will PM the OP with this information.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You must have not taken out any loans or opened any accounts in the past year, and have never made a late payment or gotten charged anything. I have a high 700 credit score and I have never made a late payment, have multiple long term accounts, and pay my CCs off every month. The score is not just from how good you are with payments. It also takes into account when the most recent account was opened, you debt to equity ratio (the higher limit on your card the better), as well as how many times your credit score has been checked within the last month or so.
Well I have gotten two car loans in the last few years, and yes I have not gotten any credit cards in many years. Actually I closed a few in the last few years, not interested in have open credit when I do not need it, because I know that goes against you since it added to your ability to take on debt. And my net worth is far above what I own in loans so they helps.

I can tell you having such a high rating get you so low interest rates that is for sure.
Appreciate 0