E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > The snowbirds...

10-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

The snowbirds...

ARE BACK! Really, just shoot me now. In the last two days I have seen some of the most insane driving. I think I'm going to have to put the M3 away for the winter...not for the weather....but to make sure it doesn't get hit! Anybody else dealing with this?

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

You're telling me. 70 mph expressway's left lane is clogged with old fucks going 55 because the prepaid toll is in that lane... 2 miles ahead. The only good thing the snowbirds do for traffic is give is 5 second yellow lights.
      10-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Its opposite for me. When I drive my motor home, I leave a safe distance between me and other vehicles. I find that people always cut me off, get right in front of me and slam on their brakes and shit. I can go 5 miles with my blinker on, wanting to change lanes. Will anyone let me over....not a chance.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
You're telling me. 70 mph expressway's left lane is clogged with old fucks going 55 because the prepaid toll is in that lane... 2 miles ahead. The only good thing the snowbirds do for traffic is give is 5 second yellow lights.
OMG, I can only imagine what you go thru in FLA!! I actually avoid certain parts of town all together and tell my daughters to do the same.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
Its opposite for me. When I drive my motor home, I leave a safe distance between me and other vehicles. I find that people always cut me off, get right in front of me and slam on their brakes and shit. I can go 5 miles with my blinker on, wanting to change lanes. Will anyone let me over....not a chance.
I hear you on that one. I am a huge believer in leaving a safe distance between me and the car in front of me. Someone ALWAYS cuts in front of me too. If it makes you feel any better, I'm one of those nice people who would let you move over....my daughters on the other hand, well, let's not go there!

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

And I have to go slow to protect my baby in the enclosed trailer behind the MH
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
Lowest_Frequency
Audiophile
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
ARE BACK! Really, just shoot me now. In the last two days I have seen some of the most insane driving. I think I'm going to have to put the M3 away for the winter...not for the weather....but to make sure it doesn't get hit! Anybody else dealing with this?
I just hope you aren't anywhere near Sun Lakes. Snowbird central of the US, I swear! (ok maybe just AZ)
Appreciate 0