E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2010 Formula 1 Turkish Grand Prix

06-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #89
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
The boss need to shut up! Whatever damage control Christian Horner done yesterday was wiped away and a new finger pointing game had just begun.

How the hell can the team unite together when the boss kept pointing fingers and putting blame on someone! geez!

http://formula-1.suite101.com/articl...he-istanbul-gp

Quote:
Red Bull motorsport consultant Dr. Helmut Marko, who appeared on an Austrian TV show Monday night, criticized the crash sharply: "Both drivers reacted badly. This is an accident that normally happens to rookies." In his opinion, Webber defended his position too aggressively and should have given in. Vettel was faster and it was inevitable that he would overtake Webber. “They were fighting as if the championship was at stake.” He continued to explain that there was also clear misconduct of Webber’s race engineer, who failed to deliver a vital message to the Australian driver. Had Webber known that he was not quick enough to keep both Vettel and Hamilton behind him, that he should have nursed his car and not fight against his team mate, he probably would have reacted differently. Why this message was never delivered to the pilot is unclear, and Marko stated that there will be further investigations and possibly some overruling of the race engineer.

Team-Orders Are Not in the Interest Of Red Bull
"We will now try to restore the team spirit. The two drivers don’t have to have dinner together, but they must cooperate and it must be very clear - Hello, this is a team.” said Marko. The racing team, however, still won’t pick a favorite pilot in the fight for the world championship. "It would probably be easier, but that is not the intention of Red Bull." He made it very clear: “There is no number one. Our goal is to win the world championship. The faster driver should win. But above any individual interest must be the overall interest, and that is the success of the team."

Webber Looks Back on the Turkish Grand Prix
After the dust settled, Mark Webber shared his point of view on the website of the Australian “Daily Telegraph”, stating that “Vettel had a bit of a top-speed advantage. We were fighting for the lead, so I stayed tight to ensure he'd be on the dirty side of the track as we approached the braking area. I was holding my line and he came across on me.” Up until then, Webber said, the race had been great for him. “Seb and I will sit down and have a chat about it because we need to avoid costly slip-ups like this in the future. We'll probably have a difference of opinion about what happened on Sunday until we go to our graves, but we're both adults and we need to find a way of racing together that doesn't compromise the team.”
      06-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #90
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

The more I see and hear of Webber the more distaste I have for him.

I just get a strong sense that he still considers Vettel as "just a kid". And with all Red Bull's boasting of great team spirit and camaraderie, his dislike of Vettel comes out like a soar thumb when he isn't in the direct spotlight.
      06-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #91
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
The more I see and hear of Webber the more distaste I have for him.

I just get a strong sense that he still considers Vettel as "just a kid". And with all Red Bull's boasting of great team spirit and camaraderie, his dislike of Vettel comes out like a soar thumb when he isn't in the direct spotlight.
I have mixed thoughts, especially given some of his dangerous moves in 2009. MW is the President of the Formula One Drivers Association, which stress the importance of drivers safety. But himself kept maneuver his car like a bull-dozer, and very stubborn on keeping his racing line and end up crashing.

The move he made on Barrichello last year in Nurbergring was quite dangerous, and I believe he made another one on Kimi last year in Brazil, caused the Ferrari to lose part of its front wing, and indirectly causing the big crash between Sutil and Trulli, and also collected Alonso.
      06-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #92
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

06-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #93
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
After hearing her speak during the an interview over the weekend I realized she is just another pretty face with a ton of empty space between her ears. Nice to look at though.
      06-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #94
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
After hearing her speak during the an interview over the weekend I realized she is just another pretty face with a ton of empty space between her ears. Nice to look at though.
Adding to that, her voice is friggin annoying...its like a power tool drilling in my ears....

screw nicole (literally!!! )
Bring on Jessica Michibata!!!!

however this week British Tabloids said Jenson and Jessica broke up...
I wanna see her more in the Paddock
      06-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #95
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I saved the race just to show that part to my girlfriend. She makes Kim Kardashian sound like a MENSA member. What a dope.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #96
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
however this week British Tabloids said Jenson and Jessica broke up...
She's dating me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I saved the race just to show that part to my girlfriend. She makes Kim Kardashian sound like a MENSA member. What a dope.
      06-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #97
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
I have mixed thoughts, especially given some of his dangerous moves in 2009. MW is the President of the Formula One Drivers Association, which stress the importance of drivers safety. But himself kept maneuver his car like a bull-dozer, and very stubborn on keeping his racing line and end up crashing.

The move he made on Barrichello last year in Nurbergring was quite dangerous, and I believe he made another one on Kimi last year in Brazil, caused the Ferrari to lose part of its front wing, and indirectly causing the big crash between Sutil and Trulli, and also collected Alonso.
Weber has established himself as someone you want to be careful when passing. He is dangerous. Vettel should have known better to try to pass such a known reckless entity. I'm a Vettel fan, but he should have settled for 2nd and brought it to Qual in Montreal.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #98
IE#02
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / e46 M3 / R35 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4 View Post
Weber has established himself as someone you want to be careful when passing. He is dangerous. Vettel should have known better to try to pass such a known reckless entity. I'm a Vettel fan, but he should have settled for 2nd and brought it to Qual in Montreal.
Vettel needs to be a man and admit he turned 'right' into Webber. How can you say holding the car in a straight line is being reckless?? I'm glad all the Vettel hype has suddenly vanished now that he is being outclassed by Webber.

Vettel is needs a few more years to learn how to drive on a track with other cars. This is not the first time he has punted Webber off. What a loser.

'08 M3 AW/6MT, Eisenmann Race, BBS CH-R 20" / '04 M3 SMG / '09 GTR
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #99
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I don't think that one incident erases all of the "Vettel hype" and I have a hard time understanding how he is a "loser," as you so eloquently put it. Outclassed by Webber? I've been watching Webber fumble around the race track for 5 years now and I hardly think anyone is getting really hyped about his skills. If he qualifies in pole position he is hard to pass as he'll close the door on anyone who dares to try which is how he's been winning. I could picture him being in Vettel's car during Bahrain when the engine shit the bed... he'd be ramming passing cars off track like bumper cars at a carnival. Give it a few more races with MW and Vettel on equally functional cars for the entire race weekend and you'll see who the real driver is.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #100
IE#02
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
If he qualifies in pole position he is hard to pass as he'll close the door on anyone who dares to try which is how he's been winning.
hahahahhah...i have to question your eyesight if you think webber 'closed the door' as you eloquently put it. And yes Vettel was indeed the loser after 'Turkey', check the standings. That stupid maneuver has cost him dearly.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #101
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IE#02 View Post
hahahahhah...i have to question your eyesight if you think webber 'closed the door' as you eloquently put it. And yes Vettel was indeed the loser after 'Turkey', check the standings. That stupid maneuver has cost him dearly.
I don't think he closed the door in Turkey, I hope my comment didn't convey that. Vettel made a mistake in Turkey but I don't think that Webber would have let him pass under any circumstances. Don't forget how young he is. This is not uncommon for a young, highly skilled driver - think Schumi. "The loser" and "a loser" are very different. He's a winning driver who lost a race.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #102
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Big picture: The losers are the team.. As I said before the 43 points that threw away this race and Vettel's 2 DNF's while leading races (50 points) = 93 points gone..
and now they are already behind Mclaren and have only won 3 races out of 6 they should have won... Mclaren develops the car in season better and faster.. those 93 points mean that Red Bull are done, they have handed Mclaren the WDC (both drivers and constructors).... The team are the losers
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #103
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that one incident erases all of the "Vettel hype" and I have a hard time understanding how he is a "loser," as you so eloquently put it. Outclassed by Webber? I've been watching Webber fumble around the race track for 5 years now and I hardly think anyone is getting really hyped about his skills. If he qualifies in pole position he is hard to pass as he'll close the door on anyone who dares to try which is how he's been winning. I could picture him being in Vettel's car during Bahrain when the engine shit the bed... he'd be ramming passing cars off track like bumper cars at a carnival. Give it a few more races with MW and Vettel on equally functional cars for the entire race weekend and you'll see who the real driver is.
I agree with the exception of your comment about MW closing the door on everyone after winning pole. The last two poles for MW, he pretty much walked away from the field and was never challenged so not sure how he was closing the door on folks. Unless you are talking about previous season's races

To IE#02: Try to include even the tiniest evidence of intelligence or forethought in your posts and you might be taken seriously here. Otherwise you just come off like an over emotional Vettel hater. When he bounces back and wins the WDC this year you will probably still tell everyone he's a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Mclaren develops the car in season better and faster.. those 93 points mean that Red Bull are done, they have handed Mclaren the WDC (both drivers and constructors).... The team are the losers
I was 100% behind your post until this point...then it all went to shit and you proved once again that you are basically a tool.
      06-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #104
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Big picture: The losers are the team.. As I said before the 43 points that threw away this race...
Correction: 28 points thrown away. Mark still scored 15 of the possible 43.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #105
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

That is just how I like them. The dumber the better.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #106
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
I was 100% behind your post until this point...then it all went to shit and you proved once again that you are basically a tool.
What did I say this time?
I am just saying that Red Bull are the biggest losers in all this as a team, Mclaren developed their car last year faster than the rest of the field and made up the deficit in pace to the Brawn's by mid year.. Problem is that Brawn (Jenson) had capitalized too much during the first seven races and he proved impossible to catch.
Now this year, Red Bull threw away 3 wins and now are already behind in the constructors' race... Mclaren will once again develop faster than everyone else and win... Why am I a tool exactly for making this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Correction: 28 points thrown away. Mark still scored 15 of the possible 43.
You are right, thank you...
So Red Bull threw away 78 points so far this year
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #107
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Red Bull lost many points last weekend, however, there are still 12 races to go!
there's already 300 potential points for race winners.
      06-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #108
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What did I say this time?
I am just saying that Red Bull are the biggest losers in all this as a team, Mclaren developed their car last year faster than the rest of the field and made up the deficit in pace to the Brawn's by mid year.. Problem is that Brawn (Jenson) had capitalized too much during the first seven races and he proved impossible to catch.
Just think its a bit premature for you to be claiming "Red Bull are done, they have handed Mclaren the WDC (both drivers and constructors)" There is a lot of season left. "If" RBR can learn from this experience and immediately begin to capatilize on their qualifying domination, they are still very much in the driver's seat. Yes Mclaren are improving but so are ALL the teams and RBR has THE best engineer in the business.

"tool" comment on my part was a bit harsh....my apologies
      06-05-2010, 02:34 AM   #109
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
McLaren only leading by one point...and the RB6 are still a faster car compare to the McLarens and others...there's still so much points in the season...
      06-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #110
IE#02
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I agree with the exception of your comment about MW closing the door on everyone after winning pole. The last two poles for MW, he pretty much walked away from the field and was never challenged so not sure how he was closing the door on folks. Unless you are talking about previous season's races

To IE#02: Try to include even the tiniest evidence of intelligence or forethought in your posts and you might be taken seriously here. Otherwise you just come off like an over emotional Vettel hater. When he bounces back and wins the WDC this year you will probably still tell everyone he's a loser
I don't hate him, I stated he should admit that the collision was his fault. Like in any form of motorsport webber was entitled to hold his line. Sorry if that theory doesn't meet your required level of intelligence big guy. If Vettel can win the title good for him. He will need to start 'winning' asap.

btw its pretty clear who the real 'tool' is on this thread

Appreciate 0