E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police officer tases schoolgirl, 14, seconds after she puts her hands up

12-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #45
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
You missed my point, My point is our government has created laws which basically allows the police to pretty much do what they like research qualified immunity. All police know about this law, which you obviously do not know about. Unless you able to prove the officer knowingly violated your rights there is not a thing you can do about it. Suing police is not a easy thing even when they were wrong. Imagine if you can go around and pretty much do what you like without any repercussions.

http://policelink.monster.com/traini...supreme-court-

This is part of the reason you are seeing so many case like the above and many other similar cases. Trust me you do not want any sort of run in with the police it will cost you way more than you think these days. Trust me as a kid growing up and having a few run in with police and the worse thing that happen was getting a ride home in the police car and have your dad whip your ass, today it is far more costly.
So wait, you're saying you know exactly what happened and she didn't deserve the tazing?

Last edited by Templar; 12-16-2011 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #46
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Actually I am no hippie, far from that, I am about people rights and why should have to pay 10 of thousands of $ to defined myself against the police and there wrong doing. You right, the courts and lawyers will tell you let due process work. However they make money when the police are wrong.

The other thing, you have no clue what the girl in the video was doing, you assuming she was resisting arrest.

Remember this saying

No one thought the what Nazi was doing at the time was wrong either.
The girl was resisting. It's clear in the video and before you say she wasn't resisting; resisting arrest is "resisting" the moment she is NOT compliant with the officer.

Nobody thought what the Nazi's were doing were wrong at the time? What? Are you serious? How do you think WWII started?
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #47
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
The girl was resisting. It's clear in the video and before you say she wasn't resisting; resisting arrest is "resisting" the moment she is NOT compliant with the officer.

Nobody thought what the Nazi's were doing were wrong at the time? What? Are you serious? How do you think WWII started?
+1000

I didn't read it again until you quoted it.

The whole world thought what the Nazi's were doing was wrong. Even most Germans thought what they were doing was wrong. The power of a few caused them all to live in fear...

This guy is crazy!
      12-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #48
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
14 year olds are quite big in the U.S huh.. Mcdonalds FTW!!!!!
      12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #49
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
According to the lawsuit, the police report claims Ammary aimed his weapon lower because Wilson was using her backpack to block the Taser. The video shows Wilson’s upper body exposed however. The suit also says the police report claims hundreds of students were blocking traffic at the time of the incident. The video only shows a small number of students on the street however.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...135571738.html
      12-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #50
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Cool because we can obviously see the entire street to determine that it in fact is not blocked; all those kids streaming down the street and in the vision of the camera before zoom-in shows it's entirely possible there were shitloads of kids in the street. Maybe there were, maybe there weren't, but how can it be definitively ruled out by what evidence we have to go on? I like when I can see out the back of the camera as well as through the lens. My hippie superpowers are hella sharp dood. You know the girl was lying when she said she didn't strike the cop right? She threw an elbow at him FFS.

So many assumptions here. Over what? Some dumb bitch that thinks it's OK to physically fight a cop? Because that's what the video does conclusively show: her resisting arrest. How the hell can anyone make a victim out of her based on what's been provided? Sure, there's not enough there to show what she did to end up in that situation, but there's also not enough there to show that she was innocent or abused. That simply can't be determined by the video, and in that case, it's down to what the cop says versus what some troublemaking teenager says....

How the fuck is she worth it? I could understand if the evidence showed that she was wrongly detained or abused, but the fact is the video shows no such thing.

It's all a bunch of guesswork and hearsay at this point. Someone please get the whole goddamn video so we can stop pretending to create a martyr here.

AND WTF HER BACKPACK IS ON HER FRONT. IT'S THERE. IT'S SO GODDAMN OBVIOUS IT'S THERE THAT WHOEVER WROTE THAT SHIT SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE GODDAMN SPOT. SELECTIVE VISION ON THEIR PART MAYBE? FISHING FOR DRAMA. AWESOME.

Fuck. Damn. Shit. Fucking Murricuh being overrun by ra-tards. How the fuck is this even a news story?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
"but was found guilty of disorderly conduct and being a pedestrian on the highway".

whaat???
      12-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #52
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
"but was found guilty of disorderly conduct and being a pedestrian on the highway".

whaat???
Dunno man, maybe their fancy wording of jaywalking?

I had a friend who got a ticket for jaywalking once. Almost blew my mind because it was on campus at Michigan, in a spot where thousands probably cross every day. Guess the cop was having a bad day.
Appreciate 0