E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Diet Progress

03-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Diet Progress

Okay, so I used lent as a real excuse to stick with a diet for once. My friends in the past have done Atkins and it's just so unhealthy. She ate cheese all day and hamburger meat. She lost weight, but you'll have issues later on in life.

I'm trying to do south beach just because it seems healthier. I started out at 119 and I already lost 4 LBs. I'm not sure if it's just water weight I lost but WOO FOURRR POUNDS! Four pounds is 4 pounds.

Woo WOO no carbs isnt so bad. I just eat more greens in place of what would be the carbs. However, last night I was out with my friends and they were all eating pasta and I almost died.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
You knew this was coming:

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

4 pounds isnt noticeable. buttt at the end.. ill post
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Booster
Pave The Rainforest
Rep
Drives: Wagon

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
My g/f is on raw food... works well for her
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Pictures!

So a few of my friends are against me going on a diet, but I know my body, and I know my limits. I used to be chubbier and I worked really hard to get more tone. Ive been eating badly the last few months, so I want to get healthy again. Thats the main reason I'm doing this.

This was when I was a bit chubbier. You can see my jaw line isnt very defined and my cheeks are bubbly.

After - the line is way more defined.

but anyway.. do you guys have any good dieting tips? or healthy tips in general? thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster
My g/f is on raw food... works well for her

whats only raw food?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
rtchamberlin
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Jet Blk

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
High protein, moderate carbs and exercise. Nothing too extreme, cuz it will only hurt you in the long run. Diets are short term and dont meet long term goals.
      03-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

ive been eating lots of protein and low carbs. i try to stay under 10 grams of carbs. and of course hitting up the gym.

when my friend did atkins, she lost liek 20 pounds in a month.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
Silverbeam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

At 119 the MOST you can lose and still be healthy is 10 lbs. Because that isn't all that much, a crash diet no carb strategy like South Beach (even if the first phase is only two weeks) isnt' needed. Go straight to stage two and basically just eat healthy and excersize. You'll lose that weight easily without having to do some plan that was set up for people who have a lot more to lose.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #10
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

How tall are you again?
I lost 6lbs in a month doing pilates, drinking water instead of soda, and limiting myself to mcdonalds only once a week, that was the extent of my diet lol.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
:.Knock on wood:. I was blessed with a fast metabolism. I can pretty much eat whatever i want.. However, i studied nutrition for 2 yrs. And honestly, the best and most effective method is MODERATION. If you exercise, eat right, and consume less calories than your daily requirement, you will lose weight the right way. All these fad diets are just an easy way out. You will gain the weight back SOO FAST once you stop. Atkins is all water loss, thats why so many people lose weight quickly. Carbs turn into glucose, and excess glucose is stored in your fat cells. However, if you eliminate it, your body has nothing to "run on". Glucose is our bodies fuel. So, thus your not burning glucose, your burning protien. And protein is stored in our muscles, ..but what weighs more? Muscle or fat? Muscle does, so since your burning protein, your increasing muscle loss... hence, lose weight quickly.
      03-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

My boyfriend's trying to lose weigh but he can't really exercise because he has a really bad knee and he just busted it again a few weeks ago, but he's just been eating a certain number of calories a day (even if it is pizza or french fries sometimes) and I think it's working. He refuses to weigh himself yet, I think it's because he doesn't want to weigh himself and realize he only lost like 2 lbs, and then give up.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
My boyfriend's trying to lose weigh but he can't really exercise because he has a really bad knee and he just busted it again a few weeks ago, but he's just been eating a certain number of calories a day (even if it is pizza or french fries sometimes) and I think it's working. He refuses to weigh himself yet, I think it's because he doesn't want to weigh himself and realize he only lost like 2 lbs, and then give up.
Even though hes eating less calories than his requirement, its still not good if hes eating like pizza or fries. You should eat 6 small meals a day. I worked in a hospital doing nutritional work, and i had to set up meals for patients. We also did this in my class, and the best way to lose weight was to eat

Breakfast- Oatmeal with a glass of OJ (oatmeal gives you fiber, and makes you feel full without eating alot)
Snack 1- Some almonds or a piece of toast with peanut butter on it
Lunch- A turkey sandwich (or tuna) on whole wheat bread. No mayo. And grapes on the side. With a glass of milk or water
Snack 2- Fruit or popcorn (not kettle , nor buttered and easy salt)
Dinner- A chicken breast, grilled with veggies. A one ounce serving of rice or pasta, and a salad with vingeratte dressing. And 1 glass of red wine (good for you heart haha)
      03-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How tall are you again?
I lost 6lbs in a month doing pilates, drinking water instead of soda, and limiting myself to mcdonalds only once a week, that was the extent of my diet lol.

lol love your diet!

im 5'2. i try to work out often but now that i work, its hard to make time.

i never drink soda anyway. i loveee water and i never ate out often until i got my license.. and now they i have my own car + my license, i eat out SO OFTEN. thats why ive gained so much weight. blahhh. my ltitle diet is going well though.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #15
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

THIS IS MY MEAL PLAN FOR TODAY!

Breakfast - steamed broccoli
in between classes - low fat string cheese + water
LUNCH - tuna and celery, light mayo
dinner - chicken salad with light dressing

el fin.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #16
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
but anyway.. do you guys have any good dieting tips? or healthy tips in general? thanks!
used to be a personal trainer and kickboxing instructor. Aside from what Bella said, IMHO, become good friends with a stairmaster and don't come off it until you are drenched in sweat. Do that atleast 3 times a week. In addition, 20-30 mins of simple muscle groups is enough to become toned (for most ladies). If you can't stand stairmaster, do group exercise like spinning, kickboxing, or yoga.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
aw ya i klnow the feeling. i wish i could push myself to work out harder, but i have flat feet and when it starts to hurt, ill give up. one of the reasons i love being an athlete is because our coaches MAKE us do the liners and run till we die. when i dont have my coach pushing me, ill go to the gym on my own and give up once it startsto hurt because no one is "making me" keep running. ya haha talk about low motivation.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #18
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Even though hes eating less calories than his requirement, its still not good if hes eating like pizza or fries.
Yeah well sometimes it is. He can't just abruptly stop eating everything. He does try to eat 6 times a day but it's hard because he works from 7am to 6pm running around nonstop.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #19
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah well sometimes it is. He can't just abruptly stop eating everything. He does try to eat 6 times a day but it's hard because he works from 7am to 6pm running around nonstop.
dont worry too much. just help him out. one step at a time

its like when you quit smoking. you cant just go, HEY IM GONA QUIT! and then just stop all at once. ;]
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #20
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Of course you cant abruptly stop eating everything. But if you are trying to lose weight then you have to sacrifice or change your eating habits to get the full effect of the diet. I do think that pizza and french fries are ok once in a while during the diet. But if you really want to lose the weight, its gotta be like once a week,if that. Thats why dieting is so hard, it takes committment. The best way to do it, is pack your own lunch, that way there isnt any temptation to go out and buy something, cause generally everything thats quick is bad for you.
      03-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #21
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

I try to get him to pack a lunch but he doesn't do it. He's just lazy.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #22
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

pack it for him

i buy my lunch all the time, but since i started this, i go home during lunch time or bring lunch so im not tempted to eat fatty stuff
Appreciate 0