E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Hmm Quick Question..

04-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hmm Quick Question..

Ok so ya'll know about the disaster that my x did to me. And how he stole all my stuff including my dead grandmother's jewelry that was given to me after she passed away, and also some necklaces that my mom gave me for my birthday..etc.

Well i can get in contact with the girl that i know my x is talking to. I was thinking of sending her a msg saying this :

Quote:
Hey Arin-

I know this is really random, im pretty sure you know who i am. Anyway, the reason i'm writing to you is because i know you are still in contact with Sandy.

Im not sure if you know about the drama that happened between him and i during christmas but to make a long story short, he (or someone he hired) stole all my stuff, including my dead grandmother's jewelry. It was given to me after she passed away and it means alot. Also a few items that my mother gave me for birthday's growing up. I dont care about the other stuff that was stolen, its all material things and can be replaced, however this cant.

I guess what im wondering is, would you happen to know if he still has this stuff? I'm still cool with his old friends, but they dont talk to him anymore or else i would have found out through them. Anyway, if i hear back from you, cool, if not, o well. Thanks anyway.
However, i dont know if i am opening myself to more problems, even tho i want my stuff back. Should i just take this as a loss and move on, even though im still so freakin angry about all this, and cant move on. I dont know this girl , so she might be a bitch (she prob is since shes messign with him) or she might not be (naive like me). Confused..?
      04-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
wweoholic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Def let it go.

#1 This is a vindictive move, and we already know he WILL counter with something 10 times worse.

#2 since there are mutual friends involved in all your networks, you might loose creditabilty and respect amoung others who may view you as a rat, running to his friends and letting them in on stuff....

Also, they may not open up to you about cetain things since you could hold it against them, or atleast they would get that message after word was spread that you contacted this girl

Just my 2 cents.
      04-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Hey, Bella - damn, so much drama! And I thought I had it bad when me and my g/f argued over what toppings to order for pizza delivery!

Jocularity aside, your ex may be brainwashing whatever girl he's sleeping with to form some kind of hatred against you. Your plan may even backfire if your ex finds out (either from the girl squealing or him snooping...hey, he did snoop over your emails/whatnot when you were with him).

If these things are *that* important, then I guess it can't get any worse than just giving it a try. Maybe it's a long shot, but what if you call your x directly and tell him straight up to hand your belongings back? That's pretty jacked up that he robbed you.
      04-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks

If these things are *that* important, then I guess it can't get any worse than just giving it a try. Maybe it's a long shot, but what if you call your x directly and tell him straight up to hand your belongings back? That's pretty jacked up that he robbed you.
Well i cant call him directly cause i dont have his phone number. I dont know where he lives, i see him around my area but i never stop to talk.
I am worried that he did brainwash her into thinking im some terrible person so she may be all about defending him. But she doesnt know the whole story.. i dunno it just sucks, its been 4 months and im still :mad:
      04-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Your dad not doing anything? Or bros?

If I had a daughter that was robbed by her b/f (now ex), I'd bust open a can of serious whoop-ass on that poor kid.
      04-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
wweoholic
Private
Rep

Also, was your room the only room that was touched? and are you 100000000000% sure it was him? (if your room was the only room that was touched it means its someone in realation to you) and if you are 1000000% sure it was him, thats the proof?

Personally, if the situation was me (the one getting vandelised and stolen from), my response would be a lot diff then yours (considering the cops, considering a email type of slander) but thats just me.... but it prolly wudent happen to me to begin with....

I do feel bad for you, and I am sorry. And its lucky for your X that A, I dont live in CA, and B I wasnt really close with ya.
      04-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
wweoholic
Private
Rep

I know you will immediatly disregard this option, however, what would happen if you called him and nicely invited him to a public place to sit down.

And as much as it kills you, apologize and suck it up and eventually (maybe with a few tears) ask for some stuff back?

Seems like your X might repsond best to that since hes prolly on a ego trip and thinks hes invinceable.... keep him like that....
      04-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
wweoholic
Private
Rep

Also, other then this, is he a criminal?
      04-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
Snowman811
Black Sapphire 330i
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 330i

Hey Ant, why not file a police report? All emotions and manipulation aside, Burglary is burglary. Not sure when it becomes a felony - if you call the police, they'll likely ask you why you waited so long.

I'm sorry girl.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman811
Hey Ant, why not file a police report? All emotions and manipulation aside, Burglary is burglary. Not sure when it becomes a felony - if you call the police, they'll likely ask you why you waited so long.

I'm sorry girl.
she assumed that he did it........she can't prove it.....
      04-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
wweoholic
Private
Rep

Dude thats a stupid idea.... Delete that post, lol
      04-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweoholic
Dude thats a stupid idea.... Delete that post, lol
yo talkin' to me?
      04-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #13
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Police won't do anything. They can't even search the guy's house. The police these days are worthless. Five-O only good for shooting up black folks taking wallets out of their pockets and handing out traffic violations.
      04-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
wweoholic
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
yo talkin' to me?
No, it was regarding snowmans post........ The police will give him cumminity service (If they even catch him but the prints (if there were prints) are gone....
      04-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I did file a police report after it happened. And yes he was arrested because they had a file on him (he had a warrant from a DUI), and they found evidence of my stuff in his apartment. So yes im 100000% it was him, or someone he paid to do it. He tries to say he was framed, but its bullshit.

Yes my room was the only one trashed upside down, and my stuff was the only things jacked. Im just so mad still, i cry and and get mad, then sad.. and i just want answers. I cant talk to him,i have no way of getting a hold of him. And i know i shouldnt talk to him, it will make things worse.. so thats why i have this constant battle in my head.. i should stay away and forget the punk ass, but damn we went from talkin about moving in together, to breakin up, to never talking again, to him stealing all my shit, to him banging a bunch of whores..etc. I just dont know anymore
      04-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #16
NaTuReB0Y