E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Got pulled over today...

03-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Got pulled over today...

So I was driving home from work today and I thought I could make the next light so I broke the double lines when all of a sudden I see this cop sitting in traffic on my right (sh*t!) By the time I saw him, it was too late to get back into the lane and before I knew it, I hear the sirens turn on...and the stupidest part is, I saw him in front of me but I thought he was gone by the time we reached the next light - wrong! I feel so f**ing dumb...I should have known he was hiding in traffic somewhere. :mad: :mad:

Anyways, the fine may be $120 or so but it won't count against my record and won't affect my insurance if I do the online traffic school. I guess it could have been worse...he could have got me for the tint...

Last edited by BMW786; 03-24-2006 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
$120 for breaking the lines, thats rape.
      03-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

i got a ticket almost the same way..

I saw the cop driving with me. He went through the yellow light, and i stopped at the red light. I forgot about the cop, thinking he would be far gone by the time the light changed back. So im first at the light and im in a bad mood. I accelerate and shure enough hes wating down the road in the middle... i get a ticket for 100 in a 50 for $385.

i feel ur pain man

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
So I was driving home from work today and I thought I could make the next light so I broke the double lines when all of a sudden I see this cop sitting in traffic on my right (sh*t!) By the time I saw him, it was too late to get back into the lane and before I knew it, I hear the sirens turn on...and the stupidest part is, I saw him in front of me but I thought he was gone by the time we reached the next light - wrong! I feel so fu*king dumb...I should have known he was hiding in traffic somewhere. :mad: :mad:

Anyways, the fine may be $120 or so but it won't count against my record and won't affect my insurance if I do the online traffic school. I guess it could have been worse...he could have got me for the tint...
HAHA That EXACT same thing happened to me about a year ago. I got let go though
      03-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

i think it takes a certain personality to become a traffic cop. babes/gals occasionally get off with tears and a sob story. they/ traffic cops get a kick and 'a high' catching speedsters in nice cars, guess it really makes their day bragging to their mates.
notice also that they are no angels themselves, breaking speed limits when not on duty and other traffic rules too. remember when i was in UK, they were also caught on GATSOs. i used to piss them off on UK roads when i spot them in my rear mirror by driving really slowly at the speed limit. once in derby uk, i got pulled over for overtaking a police car that was travelling below the speed limit at 1am. i overtook the police car and kept my eye on the speedometer, making sure i did not exceed the limit. got a breathlyser test and they later accused me of overtaking dangerously when i insisted i was not going over the limit. A nottingham traffic cop even accused me of going at 60mph, 3 sec after i pulled off from the traffic light ,up a hill in my merc 190! they are a one of a kind!
________
CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES
________
California medical marijuana dispensary
________
How to roast
________
Vaporizer wiki

Last edited by climkt; 04-22-2011 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #6
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
...I got let go though
I wonder why...

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller
well I don't know what the exact amount is yet, but that's what he quoted when I asked him...hopefully it will be less, b/c this couldn't have come at a worse time when I'm trying to save money and stuff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby 330
i got a ticket almost the same way..

I saw the cop driving with me. He went through the yellow light, and i stopped at the red light. I forgot about the cop, thinking he would be far gone by the time the light changed back. So im first at the light and im in a bad mood. I accelerate and shure enough hes wating down the road in the middle... i get a ticket for 100 in a 50 for $385.

i feel ur pain man
$385? Now that's rape! but at least you got a ticket for speeding, but this was just dumb. It's not even something cool. "yea, I got a ticket once...I was driving my Bimmer and I got pulled over for breaking the double lines," lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
HAHA That EXACT same thing happened to me about a year ago. I got let go though
Let me guess, the cop was male right? You ever see that Civic commercial with Danica Patrick? I just thought of that, heh...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #8
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by climkt
i think it takes a certain personality to become a traffic cop. babes/gals occasionally get off with tears and a sob story. they/ traffic cops get a kick and 'a high' catching speedsters in nice cars, guess it really makes their day bragging to their mates.
notice also that they are no angels themselves, breaking speed limits when not on duty and other traffic rules too.
you are right about that. That same cop got in front of me without even signalling. but yea, I think it's easier for a girl to get away with it if she uses her charms (i.e. ) but if it's a young guy in a Bimmer or some other car, I think it makes them feel "superior" or something..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Let me guess, the cop was male right? You ever see that Civic commercial with Danica Patrick? I just thought of that, heh...
Yeah it was a male officer...
      03-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
I wonder why...

Danny
You are too much...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
I wonder why...

Danny
she pimped him out. Hey, when you are pretty, take advantage of it.
I know I would.

j/k

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller

120 is a cheap ticket in CA

the guy's lucky as hell
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #13
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
120 is a cheap ticket in CA

the guy's lucky as hell
actually, you are kind of right...he could have gotten me for tint b/c I have my front windows tinted and I also don't have my front license plate so I got off kind of easy.

I've been breaking the double lines quite frequently so I guess I was bound to get caught one of these days. I sure learned my lesson!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #14
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Quote:
So I was driving home from work today and I thought I could make the next light so I broke the double lines when all of a sudden I see this cop sitting in traffic on my right (sh*t!) By the time I saw him, it was too late to get back into the lane and before I knew it, I hear the sirens turn on...and the stupidest part is, I saw him in front of me but I thought he was gone by the time we reached the next light - wrong! I feel so f**ing dumb...I should have known he was hiding in traffic somewhere. :mad: :mad:

You broke two laws and received only a light penalty for one of them. You should count yourself lucky and be grateful that you didn't cause an accident.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #15
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
You broke two laws and received only a light penalty for one of them. You should count yourself lucky and be grateful that you didn't cause an accident.
The High Horse has ridden in...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #16
sdorn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i

Quote:
I broke the double lines
What does "breaking the double lines" mean? If it means you ran the red light, why not just say so?
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #17
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (very soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matbrach
So if your mother is killed in a head-on collision because somebody in the opposite direction harmlessly "broke the double lines," you don't have a write to be angry, right? ....because this is the sort of driving practice that you think is acceptable, right?

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #18
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
well, thank you E90Post police. It's good to know we have someone making sure we are law-biding citizens. If you read my last post before going into "holier-than-thou" mode, you would see that I admitted fault and I even said I learned my lesson.

Furthermore, I already received a lecture from the officer on how I could have caused an accident, so I don't need another from you thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #19
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matbrach
yea, seriously...it's not like I was putting anyone's lives at risk by racing or speeding...anyways, I noticed you're from Manhattan Beach. It actually was a MB officer who pulled me over, so be careful around Aviation and Manhattan Beach Blvd, there are a lot of cops who lurk around there.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #20
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
What does "breaking the double lines" mean? If it means you ran the red light, why not just say so?
I didn't run a red light..the double lines are those yellow lines that usually come before you turn to make a left or right turn...you're supposed to wait until those lines clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellygas
So if your mother is killed in a head-on collision because somebody in the opposite direction harmlessly "broke the double lines," you don't have a write to be angry, right? ....because this is the sort of driving practice that you think is acceptable, right?
ok, first of all this was my first time getting a ticket - ever. and of course I would never do it again...there are worse drivers out there than myself, trust me. If your intention is to try and make me feel bad, join the crowd...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #21
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]

Speaking of speeding... on my way to work today I was passing through a school zone... flashing lights and everything. You are suppose to be doing 25 MPH but I am cruising around at about 40MPH... low and behold a school bus comes out of nowhere and rips right through that school zone at the very least doing 55MPH...

I hope those kids were holding on!

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #22
sdorn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i

Quote:
the double lines are those yellow lines that usually come before you turn to make a left or right turn...you're supposed to wait until those lines clear.
Huh? I still don't know what you are talking about. There are no double lines that magically clear before you can turn on any road I have seen.
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0