E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Met a SL600 this evening

06-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Holy crap...I got 2 paragraphs and realized you got the copy/paste disease and had a book posted. Don't be so sensitive man. You have a nice car...it's pretty fast. But as much as you love it, other people love their cars just as much and for other reasons. I love my car cuz it's fast and it's beautiful and it's less practical than a car with a back seat. So...procede the hell out of your car...make it shoot flames out the back...get down to 11 seconds in the quarter mile and be proud of yourself. But there are faster cars...you'll just need to accept that.

Bottomline...enjoy it and don't feel you need to cut down other peoples rides cuz you don't like them or you don't think they are as fast as your TT. Just makes you an ass. Trust me...takes one to know one
Yeah, I was just having a little fun with the guy...actually, I'm not sensitive about it all. I just don't like when ppl (who drive other cars) come onto our Forum just to talk trash, and then expect for everyone to be so nice. I mean the guy has 9 posts and says he drives 2 MB's.

Funny b/c we're getting my wife into a new SUV at the end of the year, and we're going to look at the BMW X5 3.0, MB R350, and the Acura MDX...all loaded of course. I'm a bit partial to the X5, and my wife is currently favoring the MB R350 b/c it's the largest of the three with the most cargo space (even though we agree it looks like a hearse ).

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 06-21-2007 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Yeah, I was just having a little fun with the guy...actually, I'm not sensitive about it all. I just don't like when ppl (who drive other cars) come onto our Forum just to talk trash, and then expect for everyone to be so nice. I mean the guy has 9 posts and says he drives 2 MB's.

Funny b/c we're getting my wife into a new SUV at the end of the year, and we're going to look at the BMW X5 3.0, MB R350, and the Acura MDX...all loaded of course. Of course, I'm a bit partial to the X5, and my wife is currently favoring the MB R350 b/c it's the largest of the three with the most cargo space (even though we agree it looks like a hearse ).
I agree.
      06-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #25
Mikes12985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M, 530i, X7 (on order)

I have great experience with SL55 vs. my 335i AA Xede because my dad has the SL55 and I can say that the straight power of his car is nuts but once the car goes to shift gears is when the 335i will gain back. The SL55 must have the worst gear shifting ever, its about a 2-3 second delay which is where the 0-60 time is lost but when the gear is fully changed from 1st to 2nd lets say, just watch out cause the torque kicks in and the car blows out like a rocket. Mike.
Appreciate 0