E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Chatting with a Scammer

06-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
JSterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Angry Chatting with a Scammer

FS on Craigslist LA and San Diego:
2006 M3 for $10k....Riiiiiight.......

-----------------------

Hello,

How many miles and is this a salvage title? Do you have pics of the interior?

-------------------------

Hello there,
I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 BMW M3 . Although I am registered in US, I`ve recently moved to Portugal (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here.
I bought this car from USA but when i tried to register it here in Portugal they said that i can't register it because it's a American vehicle and we have to do serious engine modifications in order to comply with the EU emission standards. As I said before, it is a American model ,clean title (which complies with the American emission standards) and Europe regulations are different, also the fees to register it here in Portugal would be around 5800 euros.I want to sell it in United States because the car is still registered there.The price is low because here in Portugal nobody wants to buy it and so instead of keeping it in garage I decided to sell it to someone back in US.As no one will buy a car from overseas instead of local one only if the price is really attractive.
The car comes with clear title, it is free of loan and liens.You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car on your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 15 days. Final price is $ 10,200 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).
I want to inform you that the transaction will be supervised by eBay and both you and me are 100% covered during this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details about my 2006 BMW M3 with 24000 Kms.
Thank you!

---------------------------------------
How will the transaction be supervised by Ebay? Where are is the car located in Portugal?

---------------------------------------

The car will be shipped from Portugal and it will take 14 days for it to arrive in ,Los Angeles,USA.From there it will be shipped by truck to your home address.
Due to amount involved, I suggest using the security provided by eBay's Protection Program, which is using bank accounts for handling payment. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive before any money is released to me.

I presume you are not familiar with eBay's Protection Program, I have briefly described the eBay transaction steps below:
1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends money to eBay.
3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.
4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
6. eBay releases the money to seller.

You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home. If you decide to hold the car, then you will have to authorize ebay to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you wish to proceed with the purchase,please provide me your ebay id, full name and address so I can initiate the deal through ebay right away.If you don't have an ebay userid you can register here: https://scgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...isterEnterInfo
After I get in touch with them they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
I will be waiting for your email with the info in order to get this ball rolling

Best regards,
Rodrigo

--------------------------------------------------

Where is the car located right now? What city in Portugal? How many miles on the odometer?

-------------------------------------------------

I am in Lajes,Azores.The car is already in custody at the shipping company in Lisbon.It has 23890 miles on it

Best Regards
Rodrigo

-----------------------------------------------

Perfect! My brother-in-law is in Lisbon, so he can check it out for me. When/where can he meet with the shipping company?

-----------------------------------------------

I will have to talk to the shipping comp.HE can also go see them ( BEst Global Transport) , give them my name(Rodrigo Peniho Alvarez) and the car he is looking and i think he will get all the info

Regards
Rodrigo

Here is a quick Google on "Best Global Transport"

http://www.scamfraudalert.com/f31/be...ort-com-13069/

This is where I am right now, and I'm already bored.....

I hope people don't actually fall for this BS!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
hahaha nice definately keep us updated. Did you see the thread of a guy who actually got suckered into a scammer from Nigeria? This is ridiculous, who knows if its real but here's the link:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php...ar#post1990889
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

I had a similar thing on EBay...
Similarly, located in Italy, but did not accept the 3rd party payment arrengement (easier to spot scam). However, when I mentioned that my friend (actually located in the same city) would check it out, he never replied again.
How does he get the money from EBay if you don't authorize it?

I reported to EBay and they took it off...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
that thread with Jackie is so fucking priceless. i love love LOVE it!
      06-13-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
that thread with Jackie is so fucking priceless. i love love LOVE it!
Whatever happened in the end of that? Did he find the guy/get his money back?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

tell him to give you his phone number so your "brother in law" can give him a call.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

yeah, love these scams and the idiots who fall for them.

I am not sure how they actually get their hands on your money, if they are actually using ebay's escrow account. I am betting they create a fake Ebay website that makes you think you're using ebay's escrow service and you put in your bank information and they then width draw directly from the bank account.

What I would do to lead the guy along more is agree to use the escrow service and put in bogus information in and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
JSterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Well, here is his email address if anyone wants to take over as my "brother-in-law."

rodrigo alvarez
ralvarez112@gmail.com

and this is the Craigslist anonymous email which was originally given to the post for the M3 (in case you want to start from scratch):

sale-717712441@craigslist.org

My only request is that if you do, please post here with updates!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
foxman
Driver
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

If you have a few free hours, check out

http://www.thescambaiter.com/

The stories are fantastic. Their mission in life is simply to frustrate the scammers. And there is no such thing as going too far.

As in:

http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109

08 e92 335i
88 RX-7 Vert
07 Jeep Commander
04 RX-8...sold
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
WOW
Thread with Jackie is insane... just wow..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman View Post
If you have a few free hours, check out

http://www.thescambaiter.com/

The stories are fantastic. Their mission in life is simply to frustrate the scammers. And there is no such thing as going too far.

As in:

http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109

alot of fraud in nigeria, someone tried to scam my company from nigeria

here is the shipping address for everyone

Thanks for the reply i want three and i bellive be can do bussness.....let me know the total cost including shipment via USPS Global Express Mail (EMS) to the below address:

Name: Waheed Taofik Bayonle

Address: No 17 Owoade Drive, Molete

City: Ibadan

State: Oyo State

Zip:23402

i know shipment might be more cost ....i will pay for the total cost you just caculate evrything and let me know and let me also know your paypal email because i want to pay immediately because of the urgent purpose......hope to read from you soon.
Appreciate 0