E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What do you do to study for a class like this?

02-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateSpeed6 View Post
Have you thought about spending more time studying? I know for a fact that almost 98% of your class doesn't put in as much time as they should...
It's really not how long you study but how you study.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #24
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateSpeed6 View Post
Have you thought about spending more time studying? I know for a fact that almost 98% of your class doesn't put in as much time as they should...
i'll have to agree with you i studied for 13 hours for my business stat class final (the hardest class i ever took by far) ended up with a B+ and i was failing for the whole semester because i didn't study enough
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

ratemyprofessor.com will change your life. No more bad teachers.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #26
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
ratemyprofessor.com will change your life. No more bad teachers.
that site is sometimes useful, most of the time its just kids who failed the class and want to write mean things about the professor lol
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Rate my professor loves him... all say hes so cool and the class is great and bla bla bla.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #28
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Bro state school FTL man. Too much standardization and bullshit policies.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Bro state school FTL man. Too much standardization and bullshit policies.
Rutgers is pretty good.....there business school is hard as hell to get in the first try
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #30
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
Rutgers is pretty good.....there business school is hard as hell to get in the first try
Obv there are many very good state schools. Not trying to generalize but the lower ranked ones usually are shit.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #31
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
Rutgers is a good school. I just wish we didn't have so many retarded school requirements like "humanities" or some other nonsense. I think college should be your major courses and that's it...if you want to take art history, go take it on your own. For fuck's sake, I actually took a "Jazz" class to fulfill some gay requirement.
i left Rutgers because i know a lot of people who graduated from there with my same major and aren't going anywhere fast lol its a great school but i think private colleges gives you a more of a advantage i could be wrong, also i hated the professor there
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #32
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
I feel you Forged. Throughout my academic career I've had so much experience with profs like this. I'm a physics major and my physics department is full of foreign/visiting profs from russia or europe who basically don't give a fuck about what student thinks. When student approach regarding a grade issue (and I'm talking about hard working students that just want to know what he can do to improve), they give the "well it sucks to be you" response and go on about how lucky we are and how much harder he had to work when he was in school. I just hate them.

Luckily for me I'm very mathematically inclined. When I encounter a prof like this, I just skip all their lectures and just learn from the text. Getting other text books on the same subject helps a lot. And of course, there's nothing the internet can't answer. This is what I do and it turned out well for me. I aced my classes.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. The whole class is flunking and the prof can't fail everyone. Just hang in middle and the end of semester curve will work out in your favor. But if you are holding a 4.0, I'd drop the class just to be safe. You may also consider doing a pass/fail on the course so that it won't affect your gpa if it is not one of your major requirements.

One way or another, make sure you stick it to him in the end of semester course survey. In a linear algebra class that I took, all 34 student unanimously wrote: "fuck you, we got less than nothing from your class. It was a waste of time." And in the last question of my chem final, which asks what is a buffer, i put: "your mom is a buffer". So go ahead, get creative!

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
I feel you Forged. Throughout my academic career I've had so much experience with profs like this. I'm a physics major and my physics department is full of foreign/visiting profs from russia or europe who basically don't give a fuck about what student thinks. When student approach regarding a grade issue (and I'm talking about hard working students that just want to know what he can do to improve), they give the "well it sucks to be you" response and go on about how lucky we are and how much harder he had to work when he was in school. I just hate them.

Luckily for me I'm very mathematically inclined. When I encounter a prof like this, I just skip all their lectures and just learn from the text. Getting other text books on the same subject helps a lot. And of course, there's nothing the internet can't answer. This is what I do and it turned out well for me. I aced my classes.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. The whole class is flunking and the prof can't fail everyone. Just hang in middle and the end of semester curve will work out in your favor. But if you are holding a 4.0, I'd drop the class just to be safe. You may also consider doing a pass/fail on the course so that it won't affect your gpa if it is not one of your major requirements.

One way or another, make sure you stick it to him in the end of semester course survey. In a linear algebra class that I took, all 34 student unanimously wrote: "fuck you, we got less than nothing from your class. It was a waste of time." And in the last question of my chem final, which asks what is a buffer, i put: "your mom is a buffer". So go ahead, get creative!
To be honest I am just hoping for a freaking 3.0... with the rate everythings going this semester.

I have:

MIS class (excel, power point, access, word) which I currently have an 88.75 in

Non-Western music, pretty basic but I wanna shoot myself in that class and I don't give a FUCK about ANYTHING they are saying so it's hard to soak up the info. I got a 90 on the first and only quiz so far

BiSci (you know the deal, first exam 65%=D=fuck this) but he drops one exam, the lowest.

Army class (been in for years so I know this shit, instant A but only worth 2 credits)

Photo 100 (bla bla bla bla... don't mind the class, he put up a shit ton of questions before the last exam the night before for us to go on and we all busted em out like NOTHING, like "psh this test will be a joke" and yup got a whopping 7 fucking 5 on it... theres a C...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #34
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
To be honest I am just hoping for a freaking 3.0... with the rate everythings going this semester.

I have:

MIS class (excel, power point, access, word) which I currently have an 88.75 in

Non-Western music, pretty basic but I wanna shoot myself in that class and I don't give a FUCK about ANYTHING they are saying so it's hard to soak up the info. I got a 90 on the first and only quiz so far

BiSci (you know the deal, first exam 65%=D=fuck this) but he drops one exam, the lowest.

Army class (been in for years so I know this shit, instant A but only worth 2 credits)

Photo 100 (bla bla bla bla... don't mind the class, he put up a shit ton of questions before the last exam the night before for us to go on and we all busted em out like NOTHING, like "psh this test will be a joke" and yup got a whopping 7 fucking 5 on it... theres a C...
Sounds like typical college life to me... But yeh if you are wanting a 3.5+ GPA then I feel you.
Appreciate 0