E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > DRACULA: Untold (October 2014)

06-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up DRACULA: Untold (October 2014)

I am really digging the storyline and hero aspect of this version. And I'm a Luke Evans fan. Count me in...

Also liking the remake of one of my favorite songs and artists of all time: Everybody Wants to Rule The World by Tears for Fears.

06-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
damn
      06-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I'm excited for this movie. Saw the preview and it looked awesome!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Oh damn. Nice
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I am really digging the storyline and hero aspect of this version. And I'm a Luke Evans fan. Count me in...

Also liking the remake of one of my favorite songs and artists of all time: Everybody Wants to Rule The World by Tears for Fears.

This seems to be directly in line with the Lords of Shadow series for Castlevania... I just finished LOS 2 this past weekend and it was definitely a cool twist to cause havok as the Prince of Darkness!
      06-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

This looks really good.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Finally getting back to what the true nature of the vampire is... and I hope this gets the vampire away from the shame they have faced in movies and series over the past few years...
      07-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Can't wait for this!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Finally getting back to what the true nature of the vampire is... and I hope this gets the vampire away from the shame they have faced in movies and series over the past few years...

You know vampires aren't real right? Thus, their "true" nature is completely made up anyways - to fit the narrator of the current story and may change completely with the next narrator.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #10
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr
Quote:

You know vampires aren't real right? Thus, their "true" nature is completely made up anyways - to fit the narrator of the current story and may change completely with the next narrator.
You don't know vampires aren't real. Many species we thought were extinct aren't. We discover new species everyday. Cities and civilizations once thought of as myth were discovered to be real. Plus there are a few trillion other planets out there all with the possibility of a vampire like creature. So here's hoping haha!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
You don't know vampires aren't real. Many species we thought were extinct aren't. We discover new species everyday. Cities and civilizations once thought of as myth were discovered to be real. Plus there are a few trillion other planets out there all with the possibility of a vampire like creature. So here's hoping haha!
Ok, so what does a 'vampire like' creature look like to you?

I only ask because the way Hollywood defines them seems to vary wildly each time...so what is their true nature?

I respect your opinion though, I just don't personally believe any such creature exists (at least as they are currently portrayed as immortal and extremely powerful creatures feeding on humans).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Wait... Vampires are not real...?!?! So what about Santa and unicorns and elves...?!

Sorry, I couldn't help but to get a little sarcastic because fictional creatures are of course, creatures of fiction, however they all have some sort of "origin" story. That is what I meant about keeping true to their nature.

I understand what you mean that the storyteller of each generation will manipulate their respective version of the same story to make it appealing to their audience, but recently the nature of the "Vampire" has been disgraced as of late. My humble opinion, of course.

BTW, Vlad Tepes Dracul was not a creature of fiction... and his origin story and the fantasy stories written about his origin are pretty facinating and cool as well.

So like I was saying to Hollywood before,
      07-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
This is a pretty insightful and open minded thought process. Remember, just a few hundred years ago, it was thought that the world was flat and mammals didn't live among dinosaurs.

Over time, since man started painting pictures on walls in order record and preserve history and memories many things that man SWORE by and even killed for has been proven inaccurate... so who knows what time will prove wrong in the future.... wwooooooohhhhhh

07-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #14
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Wait... Vampires are not real...?!?! So what about Santa and unicorns and elves...?!

Sorry, I couldn't help but to get a little sarcastic because fictional creatures are of course, creatures of fiction, however they all have some sort of "origin" story. That is what I meant about keeping true to their nature.

I understand what you mean that the storyteller of each generation will manipulate their respective version of the same story to make it appealing to their audience, but recently the nature of the "Vampire" has been disgraced as of late. My humble opinion, of course.

BTW, Vlad Tepes Dracul was not a creature of fiction... and his origin story and the fantasy stories written about his origin are pretty facinating and cool as well.

So like I was saying to Hollywood before,
I do not know anything about this Vlad fellow, but presume this is what the Dracula movies are based off of, I suppose I will have to read about this.

But sincere question here, no sarcasm, you say in your opinion the fictional portrayal has been a disgrace as of late. Because I am curious, what portrayal do you typically feel is more accurate or does the fictional creature more justice?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

At least they don't sparkle.

Vampires have been pretty gay since twilight and true blood. Hopefully this make them a bit more badass
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #16
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I do not know anything about this Vlad fellow, but presume this is what the Dracula movies are based off of, I suppose I will have to read about this.

But sincere question here, no sarcasm, you say in your opinion the fictional portrayal has been a disgrace as of late. Because I am curious, what portrayal do you typically feel is more accurate or does the fictional creature more justice?
If you have a genuine interest in Vampires, then yes, definitely look up Vlad Tepes Dracul. "Dracula" is of course, dubbed from "The Dragon"

I liked Bram Stokers Dracula, because that seems to be version of Dracula and the nature and abilities of Vampires for my Generation. (80's baby)

The more recent/current versions of Vampire seems to be portrayed as Metrosexual, Emotionally shallow beings. I guess thats ok for now, because sex sells, and metrosexual, materialistic and emotionally shallow people are all the rage right now.

The version of Vampire I grew up with were violent and demonistic creatures who are feared and hated and hunted by humans only because there were basically misunderstood. I say that because in reality, all living creatures kill for sustenance and survival... and the Vampire gets their sustenance from humans... hence the fear and hate.

But back in the real world, Vlad Tepes has a pretty interesting history, and that is the character the mystical Dracula is based off of so if you are up for a read, check him out!
      07-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post

Vampires have been pretty gay since twilight and true blood. Hopefully this make them a bit more badass
Thank you!!
      07-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #18
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post

that sparkle shit pissed me right off
      07-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #19
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
If you have a genuine interest in Vampires, then yes, definitely look up Vlad Tepes Dracul. "Dracula" is of course, dubbed from "The Dragon"

But back in the real world, Vlad Tepes has a pretty interesting history, and that is the character the mystical Dracula is based off of so if you are up for a read, check him out!
This!

I'll go see the movie, but I wish they would incorporate some more historical aspects of "Vlad the Impaler," into the movie. An interesting history for sure.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #20
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
This!

I'll go see the movie, but I wish they would incorporate some more historical aspects of "Vlad the Impaler," into the movie. An interesting history for sure.
although that would be awesome, they wouldn't be able to glorify him and make him into a hero which i believe they will do in this movie.
      07-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #21
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
although that would be awesome, they wouldn't be able to glorify him and make him into a hero which i believe they will do in this movie.
Maybe it's better that they skip the burning of thieves and impaling of enemies with the blunt part of the spike.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #22
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
Maybe it's better that they skip the burning of thieves and impaling of enemies with the blunt part of the spike.
orrr... maybe they shouldn't!!