E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > UPS worker accused of stealing $160,000 diamond, trading it for $20 of marijuana

09-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

UPS worker accused of stealing $160,000 diamond, trading it for $20 of marijuana

(www.kjrh.com)

PHOENIX, Ariz. - A one-time UPS worker is accused of stealing a package containing a $160,000 diamond, and trading the valuable jewel for $20 worth of marijuana.

Walter Earl Morrison, 20, was working for UPS while unloading a plane in the cargo section of Sky Harbor Airport when he stuffed a package under his shirt, according to court documents.

Morrison thought the package contained cash, but instead he found a diamond.

“Any single stone over $100,000 is an expensive stone,” House of Diamonds owner Brent Taubman said when asked about pricey diamonds.

Morrison allegedly traded the diamond for the drug, before being caught.

The stolen diamond was recovered and delivered to the intended customer, a UPS spokesperson said.

UPS fired Morrison, the spokesperson added.

Authorities charged Morrison last week with felony theft.

A man who would not open the door at Morrison’s home said he had no comment on the matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Since we're on the topic, here's another gem from this week, and I have to add "only in Florida":

(gainesvilletimes.com)

Meth charge dropped after only spaghetti sauce found on spoon
Commerce woman released after lab analysis backs her SpaghettiOs claim

Drug charges have been dropped against a Commerce woman after crime lab analysis confirmed her claim that a spoon she had in a vehicle leading to her arrest did not contain methamphetamine residue but spaghetti sauce.

Ashley Gabrielle Huff, 23, initially was charged with possession of methamphetamine. She maintained the residue on a spoon was spaghetti sauce, not meth.

After the analysis agreed, the charge was dismissed. She was released from the Hall County Jail on Thursday night.

“I think she said it had been SpaghettiOs,” Hall County assistant public defender Chris van Rossem said.

Huff was arrested July 2 by the Gainesville Police Department, suspected of having meth residue on a spoon, van Rossem said.

“From what I understand, she was a passenger in a car and had a spoon on her, near her, and I guess the officer, for whatever reason, thought there was some residue,” he said.

According to the Hall County Comprehensive Justice Information System, Huff had not been charged with any type of felony or drug-related offense prior to the incident.

“She’s maintained all along that there’s no way in hell that’s any sort of drug residue or anything like that,” van Rossem said.

Attempts to obtain the original arrest report from the Gainesville Police were unsuccessful, and van Rossem was unfamiliar with other details related to the arrest. Gainesville Police spokesman Cpl. Kevin Holbrook said the department would defer to the district attorney’s office.

Van Rossem, who was assigned Aug. 11 to Huff, began the process of a plea deal. The district attorney’s office filed a dismissal Thursday following the crime lab’s analysis.

“The Crime Lab report showed no controlled substances on the spoon submitted for testing,” according to a dismissal signed by Northeastern Judicial Circuit District Attorney Lee Darragh.

Huff originally attempted going through the Hall County Drug Court but wasn’t able to make all the appointments, van Rossem said. Huff was then reincarcerated Aug. 2 and was unable to make the bond payment, he said.

“I think what the unfortunate part about her case is that she was probably willing to take the felony to close out her case so that she get out of jail, even though she always maintained innocence,” van Rossem said.

Attempts to reach Huff through her public defender were unsuccessful.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Dude is stupid.

Cop is stupid.

/thread
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

New thread "The Stupid Things People Do on the Job." Man I wonder if they caught the buyer. Or else he/she got a killer deal. It bet it was made into an earring or a diamond encrusted pimp cane.
      09-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

It's amazing how many truly dumb people roam this planet.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Wowwww. I wouldn't even sentence the dude to jail. I'd just slowly explain to him how stupid he is and what he missed out on. That would be a harsher punishment.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Inablur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silber Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Dude is stupid.

Cop is stupid.

/thread
lol
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #8
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I don't see the big deal. Sounds like a fair trade to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I haven't seen enough Breaking Bad: is meth red?
Appreciate 0