E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > First Fender Bender

10-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
StartedFromTheBottom
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
First Fender Bender

Today has been the worst day ever, I spent $200 getting a oil change and changing some bad tires and about a hour after some lady stopped short coming off a exit and i hit her. My car slid(Due to rain, I.E i need my back breaks done, thats what the mechanic told me) a little and I hit her.

I just moved to Mass and i haven't changed any of my info like insurance or plates so idk if that makes things worst. i know a shop in NY that does Ferraris and BMW might have to take it there. its $500 out my pocket and Geico pays the rest but i know my insurance is going up. Im so SAD. Any suggestion or feedback.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Crimson Red

Response

First of all, I hope no one got hurt. If so, be very thankful. It could have been worse.

Second, you created an inconvenience for the person you rear-ended. Be humble.

Third, "stopped short", "need brake adjustment", let's be brutally honest here; you may have been going a wee bit too fast and possibly, just maybe, not paying very close attention to the traffic in front of you. It was an accident. Hopefully, you apologized to the person you rear-ended. If not, do it and you will "feel" much better.

Fourth, I hope no one got hurt - be thankful.

Fifth, I don't think you can "buff" it out. Sorry, but the damage can be easily repaired.

Sixth, Newsflash - hello insurance companies - no one is perfect. (In response to your comment that your insurance premiums might go up. Might be a good idea to change insurance companies.) Love that commercial.

Seventh, I hope no one got hurt - be very thankful.

Eighth, I'm sure you did not do this on purpose - go easy man...lightened up a little and don't be so hard on yourself. However, be more careful. It's a car...it's replaceable...it's no big deal...relax. Learn from your mistake and move on with your life.

Nineth, I'd be willing to bet everyone on this forum has had a fender bender at least one time in their life. You're not the first and won't be the last.

And finally, hopefully this little incident will provide a little "inspiration" to be more careful; and be thankful no one got hurt.

Semper Fi

PS - It could have been worse, be thankful no one was hurt. By now, you've got the message on "no one was hurt."
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
StartedFromTheBottom
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former USMC View Post
First of all, I hope no one got hurt. If so, be very thankful. It could have been worse.

Second, you created an inconvenience for the person you rear-ended. Be humble.

Third, "stopped short", "need brake adjustment", let's be brutally honest here; you may have been going a wee bit too fast and possibly, just maybe, not paying very close attention to the traffic in front of you. It was an accident. Hopefully, you apologized to the person you rear-ended. If not, do it and you will "feel" much better.

Fourth, I hope no one got hurt - be thankful.

Fifth, I don't think you can "buff" it out. Sorry, but the damage can be easily repaired.

Sixth, Newsflash - hello insurance companies - no one is perfect. (In response to your comment that your insurance premiums might go up. Might be a good idea to change insurance companies.) Love that commercial.

Seventh, I hope no one got hurt - be very thankful.

Eighth, I'm sure you did not do this on purpose - go easy man...lightened up a little and don't be so hard on yourself. However, be more careful. It's a car...it's replaceable...it's no big deal...relax. Learn from your mistake and move on with your life.

Nineth, I'd be willing to bet everyone on this forum has had a fender bender at least one time in their life. You're not the first and won't be the last.

And finally, hopefully this little incident will provide a little "inspiration" to be more careful; and be thankful no one got hurt.

Semper Fi

PS - It could have been worse, be thankful no one was hurt. By now, you've got the message on "no one was hurt."
we were both at a stop but at the end of the day i probably could have been more aware lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
StartedFromTheBottom
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket parts that are better than BMW OEM. Geico will only pay for AM parts or should i pay the difference for OEM parts??? are AM really bad i they seem to really have a bad rep especially when it comes to fitting snug and looking like the car did with OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Mutagen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Geico should pay for OE.. I dont know who told u only aftermarket but I guess there is a depreciation of parts. Your insured for OE not aftermarket parts. U should be entitled to LKQ parts at the least. The appraiser should list a junk yard LKQ part in The estimate. If they give u be about this get the appraisers supervisors number and tell him what's going on. I been doing this way to long to hear that BS. If the supervisor gives u shit then get in contact with the regional manager etc. no way in hell your insured for aftermarket parts. That's an insult.
Appreciate 0