E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > CLA45 AMG vs. Audi R8 (V8)

05-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Yeah, the V8 only gets from 0-60 in 4.6. I mean that's quick and all, but for a $130k "super car" it's a bit lacking. The V10 on the other hand hits that in 3.4 sec.
The R8 had supercar matching numbers when it debuted outside of some mediocre acceleration marks. Either way, it's a great car for the money when you take into account how well it combines aesthetics, versatility and performance behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I personally don't label it a Super Car. To me, it's an 911 C4S alternative and in my area neither car even turns my head they are so common. It in many ways reminds me of the NSX which was the DD sports car of my youth with super car aspirations.
Exactly. If you just consider it in the same vein of a Cayman +1 (essentially a mid-engined sportscar/tourer) then it makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
i'm more surprised that people think an R8 V8 is fast. Racing it on the straight kind of defeats the purpose as a load of cars half its price can probably hang with it, even with half the cylinders.
There are plenty of cars that are faster, but they might not have the same level of refinement or offer the same mid-engined visual drama. Even for its noticeable DRG elements, it's a conservative design that strikes a nice balance of standing out without being too aggressive.
Appreciate 0