E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Gran Premio D'Italia 2014

09-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #45
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

The chat Nico was having with the Merc guy in Italian while waiting for the podium was interesting.
After staring at Hamilton (on the other side of the room talking to Massa) he says something like (hard to hear in parts)...while laughing and smiling
NICO: "Massive lucky arse..F*ck."
ENGI: laughs
NICO: "lucky arse f*cking hell.
NICO: "How the f*ck is it possible!"
ENGI: "Well, one does need some luck in their life..."
NICO: "Eh?"
ENGI: "(repeats)
NICO: "Eh, bloody hell..."
ENGI: "You'll get your share of luck"
NICO: "Ah, but I've already had it. I've had a lot."

Didn't look anything like someone who had been told to give up a place to his team mate.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 09-08-2014 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #46
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

I will be throwing out some boos towards Nico in Austin. If he gets up on the podium.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #47
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
The chat Nico was having with the Merc guy in Italian while waiting for the podium was interesting.
After staring at Hamilton (on the other side of the room talking to Massa) he says something like (hard to hear in parts)...while laughing and smiling
NICO: "Massive lucky arse..Fuck."
ENGI: laughs
NICO: "lucky arse fucking hell.
NICO: "How the fuck is it possible!"
ENGI: "Well, one does need some luck in their life..."
NICO: "Eh?"
ENGI: "(repeats)
NICO: "Eh, bloody hell..."
ENGI: "You'll get your share of luck"
NICO: "Ah, but I've already had it. I've had a lot."

Didn't look anything like someone who had been told to give up a place to his team mate.

How the hell could these two be teammates next year? There is a very large amount of animosity towards each other. I only see it getting worse as Lewis tries to close the points gap.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #48
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Here's the bottom line for Benz.

1. Nico wins the WC and everyone will think he did it by playing dirty. Boos will be loud. Benz will be seen as letting Nico get away with the advantage from "unacceptable" driving and they will lose respect among F1 fans.

2. Lewis manage to claw himself back and win the WC. It will be one of the most hailed accomplishments in recent F1 history. Benz will be in full glory and Nico's "lack of judgement" will be forgotten with this season.

Hmmm...I wonder if Nico's car is going to see some more gremlins from here...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #49
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
How the hell could these two be teammates next year? There is a very large amount of animosity towards each other. I only see it getting worse as Lewis tries to close the points gap.
Also after that chat with the Merc guy, he started talking to Massa in Italian which completely cut Hamilton out of the conversation...that was actually quite rude. But Nico got his comeuppance on the Podium where Lewis got a surprisingly loud cheering reception while Nicos was muted with boos mixed in.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #50
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I don't know if it was rude. He wanted to talk to Massa. They both speak Italian. Neither of them is English. Why would they speak English because Hamilton is there? They weren't talking about him. Massa had been speaking Italian all weekend, so had probably Nico (including right before, to the Merc guy), and they were in Italy. At least he didn't have a very awkward conversation in English with Hamilton randomly butting in. I have to say Nico's italian has got very good (as an aside).

to solstice, you forget perhaps that Nico is German (races under the German flag; not opening a can of worms), and so is Mercedes, and that they're trying to make it as much of a national team as, say, Ferrari for Italy (with some British and Austrian help), and that they never seemed to have much of an issue with Schumacher's antics in Germany, and that F1 popularity in Germany is down of late, even with Sebastian's domination (or perhaps due to). Just my 2 cents. I think the championship is getting good, and I just realised that there aren't that many races left!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #51
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I don't know if it was rude. He wanted to talk to Massa. They both speak Italian. Neither of them is English. Why would they speak English because Hamilton is there?
They all speak perfect English and Hamilton doesn't speak Italian, its simple good manners.
I lived and worked in Italy for 10 years in a (Goodyear) company made up of employees from all over Europa and a few from America. We never spoke in Italian if that would exclude the American guys....you just don't do that - unless you are purposely trying to be a DB.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #52
acediac
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, F30 330i

Quote:
Ah ok, that sheds a different light on it then. I suppose Parkanzky is right, you don't get to be a Formula 1 driver by caring about other drivers or fair play...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #53
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Montezemolo’s comments criticised by boss
9 September 2014
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has been criticised for his comments at the Italian Grand Prix by Sergio Marchionne, CEO of parent company FIAT, and warned: "Nobody is indispensable"

read here: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/208508/...d-by-boss.html

Rosberg rubbishes deliberate mistake rumours
Nico Rosberg says there is “no possible reason” why he would make a deliberate mistake to concede position to team-mate Lewis Hamilton
and this one can be read here: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/208480/...e-rumours.html

and the last one I just read says Vettel is to get a brand new chassis for Sinagpore. RBR would like at least ONE P1 finish this year. This will be his 4th chassis already this year.
Apparently RIC has requested primary status amongst the two drivers....
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #54
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

how about this one??

FIA to ban radio instructions to drivers
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fi...ns-to-drivers/
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #55
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
how about this one??

Most drivers will applaud that one!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #56
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
They all speak perfect English and Hamilton doesn't speak Italian, its simple good manners.
I lived and worked in Italy for 10 years in a (Goodyear) company made up of employees from all over Europa and a few from America. We never spoke in Italian if that would exclude the American guys....you just don't do that - unless you are purposely trying to be a DB.
THIS!
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #57
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
how about this one??

Very good.
One of the most important skills of a race car driver is to fine tune race lines to gain speed and to have a feel for actual and potential speed at each location of the track. To rely on sideline analytics for this part is plainly wrong. I even think that getting information on exactly where a competitor is faster over the radio is wrong. It takes skill and feel to find the best places to get an advantage and to have it immediately and consistently given to you is wrong IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #58
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/175033.html

The FIA has banned communication between teams and their drivers relating to the performance of the car.

VET: My ERS isn't working
Rocky: Can't help you, not allowed...

FIA is officially RETARDED.
      09-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #59
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/175033.html

The FIA has banned communication between teams and their drivers relating to the performance of the car.

FIA is officially RETARDED.
This was a plan put forward by the teams after the recent meeting of the F1 Strategy Group meeting at Monza.
Seems like a good idea to me. They still have to decide on what will be banned...I'm sure certain technical issues will be allowed as things like when to box.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #60
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
The radio ban could actually prove to be very dangerous. Basically, if the team has information that they think will help them win the race that they want to get to the driver they will find a way to do it. If the rules say no radio, then they will try and find another way to communicate which will likely be much more distracting to the driver. It's not like you're going to get the teams to ignore the data they are collecting duing the race that may impact their results. The better solution would be to make all such transmissions clear and in the open and enforce that with penalties. Let's face it, F1 in the 21st century is much more complex than it has ever been, and the successful teams are much more specialized and sophisticated than people probably ever imagined. The one thing that hasn't changed is the fact that there is just one, human-limited person driving the car. It's just stupid to try and pretend that, for the driver, it might as well be 1980 or 1960. The car and the team are collecting immense amounts of information, some of which can be crucial to the outcome. The teams will always find ways to get important information to the drivers so the best thing to do would be to accept that and just ensure that the method isn't making the driver's job more difficult. Is this really just more about some BS myth that the driver does it all by themselves?
      09-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #61
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

True...teams are going to push ever greater amounts of info via the steering wheel display which is not ideal. It was interesting to hear that some drivers have a dial on the steering wheel to transmit the condition of their tyres to the team - rather than transmit over the radio and be overheard.
Appreciate 0