E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Bad luck today........

06-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Unhappy Bad luck today........

today i was driving on my way home on freeway 580, and there was a car pool lane which is 3 or more ppl per car, since there is a traffic jam, i decided to take a risk to roll onto the car pool lane, once i got on, saw two cops on the shoulder lane......the rest you know got pulled over. but the thing is that there were two cars didnt have 3 ppl in the car in front of me, and the cops ONLY pulled over me!! then i argued with one of the officers, he said he didnt notice that, he only saw the "gray bimmer" which is mine doesnt have 3 ppl in the car, i was gonna say what do you mean u didnt see....it's very obvious there were two cars with 2 ppl each right in font of me, and you only caught me because of i am driving bimmer...wtf. last but not the least, he wrote me another violation for ilegal front tint!!:mad: at the end, i walked away with two violations which was never expected to be happened to me.

so after hearing my story, can someone tell me how to deal with these violations? any inputs would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
ummm, bend over and take it.

There's nothing you can do, you effed up. You drove in the HOV lane when you shouldn't have, and you have illegal front tint. It sucks, but if you fight it the judge'll say exactly what I just did.
      06-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
KaBoom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I have decided to take the risk and know the consequence so take it like a man.

m (_ _) m

There only 2 Freeway around our area that allow 2 people for carpool is 680 and 4 that I know off. All other seems to require 3 or more or 2 if you drive 2 seated car.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

sucks to hear you ran into a anal chp.
      06-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
pay to play...if you get caught...sucks
      06-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

I may drive juuust a bit fast sometimes, but man I never screw with the hov lanes.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #7
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+1
and if you do decide to take it to court, don't use the excuse "oh but, your honor, there were other cars that had less than 3 occupants in the car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
pay to play...if you get caught...sucks
      06-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Okay, instead of bashing you about your mistake, I'll help.

If you don't have any previous violations, just enroll in an online traffic school & earn the certificate which then gets sent to the court and in turn does not hit your insurance. That's only for 1 ticket though.

As for your illegal tint, I think it's just a $10 fix it ticket right? Not sure, but I don't think this would count as a moving violation. Basically get it fixed, have it signed off, and your good to go.

Just pay off the fines, not worth the hassle of getting a lawyer and all that.
      06-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #9
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Not really bad luck if you're rolling solo in the HOV.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post

If you don't have any previous violations, just enroll in an online traffic school & earn the certificate which then gets sent to the court and in turn does not hit your insurance. That's only for 1 ticket though.

As for your illegal tint, I think it's just a $10 fix it ticket right? Not sure, but I don't think this would count as a moving violation. Basically get it fixed, have it signed off, and your good to go.

thanks for your input tho, since my licence had been suspended last year for speeding and already attended traffic school once within last 18 months, i am not eligible for any traffic school. and the reason why i post here is to hear more about someone who has cleared their violations like mine before.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328icoupeeddie View Post
thanks for your input tho, since my licence had been suspended last year for speeding and already attended traffic school once within last 18 months, i am not eligible for any traffic school. and the reason why i post here is to hear more about someone who has cleared their violations like mine before.
ouch. damn dude. In that case....your basically screwed.
      06-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #12
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ouch. damn dude. In that case....your basically screwed.

yea i guess....i will probably end up paying +$300.....
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

i think it's close to 400 in cali lol

sorry about your day man
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #14
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

thanks for all your inputs, really appreciate that, i will get over it soon, while the most annoying hassle i have is that i need to tear out the window tint and have them check out. here is the question, what if i just pay the fine for illegal tint, will it leads to additional peanalties? inputs plz. thanks inadvanced.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #15
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Pretty sure both citations will not affect his issurance. So no need for any schooling etc.

Now on subject. I feel you are more so just releasing everything out. Good thing you said you'll pay etc. Some members on here don't realize people are just venting and will bash you if you try and use your rights.

Eitherway sucks you got caught. Also I hate to sound so conceited but if the two cars in front of you were just normal ones then most likely the cop saw yours and it stood out allowing him to fully see how many people were inside.

Nevermind you pay to play. You pay to drive a nice car.
      06-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #16
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:

so after hearing my story, can someone tell me how to deal with these violations? any inputs would be appreciated.
Yeah, pay the fine and consider this lesson learned - just because other people are doing the wrong thing, doesn't condone their actions for you.

I don't think there's any need for discussion on how to deal with breaking the law.

Just don't do it, and you and your BMW will not be caught.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #17
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
thanks for all your inputs, really appreciate that, i will get over it soon, while the most annoying hassle i have is that i need to tear out the window tint and have them check out. here is the question, what if i just pay the fine for illegal tint, will it leads to additional peanalties? inputs plz. thanks inadvanced.
Well, if I had illegal tint, I would not attract more attention to my car by going solo on HOV and on top of having got a suspened license a while back.

If you decided to just pay the fine for illegal tint, you still have a chance of getting pull over for illegal tint based on your driving behavior. hey, dont be hating, i just tell you like it is. If you play with fire, some day you will get burn...GL with your tickets and your decision on what to do with your tint.
      06-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #18
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Pretty sure both citations will not affect his issurance. So no need for any schooling etc.
On the contrary, driving in the carpool lane can be a violation. It depends on what the penal code is on your ticket.

Penal code

21655.5b is not a moving violation. This is when you accidently cross the lines to get into the carpool lane.

However 21655 or 21655b will be a point and is considered a moving violation.

Check your ticket and see. I've learned my lesson before. When i got pulled over it was MLK day, and i thought the carpool didn't apply on holidays. The cop asks what day it is, and I say Monday. So he says, carpool is Monday - Friday regardless. LMAO...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Sorry to hear about your getting pulled over. One word of advice is to never use the excuse, "But other people are doing it too!" with a cop. It doesn't mean anything. You're just admitting your own guilt which means you deserve a ticket. What's he supposed to do, stop 3 cars at the same time?

Next time, try being courteous, nice, and remorseful. I'm betting that had you been, he wouldn't have given you the extra ticket for the tint.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #20
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

not sure why anybody is "sorry"

you were breaking the law and got caught

you deserve a fine

everyone who cheats in the carpool lane deserves a fine

just because others got away with it doesn't change that you were breaking the law.

you need to "deal" with this problem with your checkbook
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #21
EHDEN
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
ummm, bend over and take it.

There's nothing you can do, you effed up. You drove in the HOV lane when you shouldn't have, and you have illegal front tint. It sucks, but if you fight it the judge'll say exactly what I just did.
+1
      06-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #22
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

seriously.

It's like saying, "I'm so sorry you got caught breaking and entering, well, better luck next time I guess"

history tells me you're going to get more ticket, given the fact that your license got suspended last year, and yet you still do stupid shit like this??

Here where I live, it takes a lot to get your license suspended, so I could only imagine what you did to deserve the suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
not sure why anybody is "sorry"

you were breaking the law and got caught

you deserve a fine

everyone who cheats in the carpool lane deserves a fine

just because others got away with it doesn't change that you were breaking the law.

you need to "deal" with this problem with your checkbook