E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Are you into the paranormal?

10-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #111
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I sleep soundly at night knowing that my cats, if left to their own devices, will be able to survive.

Survive is a strong word. I'm confident they will avoid 90% of all beanbags thrown at them.
Thats why you put them in your will so that they will go to a loving and caring home. I've already done the same for my horses and dogs. If I die and that doesnt happen I will haunt the person to whom I left them too.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #112
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Dont throw things at them!!!
Completely acceptable for cats!! Now dogs, that's a different story...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #113
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Completely acceptable for cats!! Now dogs, that's a different story...
You dont throw things AT your dog, your gently toss a ball/toy towards your dog or away from him/her so that he/she can play fetch.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #114
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Thats why you put them in your will so that they will go to a loving and caring home. I've already done the same for my horses and dogs. If I die and that doesnt happen I will haunt the person to whom I left them too.
Make sure you're covered for the Rapture as well:
http://www.aftertherapturepetcare.com/

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #115
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you're covered for the Rapture as well:
http://www.aftertherapturepetcare.com/
omg, good to know!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #116
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Dogs obviously aren't affected by ebola, don't know about cats. But I know who's cats will be better prepared when 90% of the human race is gone. . .
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #117
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thats why you put them in your will so that they will go to a loving and caring home.
I will outlive my cats, I'm sure of it (and can ensure it, if necessary).

But if any dystopian kitty hunger games scenario plays out, I take solace knowing they are well equipped.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #118
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I just want to clarify here....so you've put these horses and dogs in your will to go to someone you view as a caring and loving person.

Did you also at the same time bequeath a significant amount of money to same caring and loving person, enough to cover the animal's living expenses until its death (conservatively estimated)?

Because if not, and I was that caring and loving person you identified in your will, I'd be carefully and lovingly transporting your horse to the nearest glue factory. No way am I taking on a liability for you (or for my actual friends for that matter).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #119
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I will outlive my cats, I'm sure of it (and can ensure it, if necessary).

But if any dystopian kitty hunger games scenario plays out, I take solace knowing they are well equipped.
You know, in spite of this heathen's disbelief and apparent inclination to want to go to hell, I'm quite enjoying his posts. There's a biting quality about them.

I'd talk about God here, but I guess best left to the subtopic forum...which this thread might get relegated to if more discussion is had with religious undertones.

Suffice to say, I tend to agree with your thoughts around "seeing" ghosts (unlikely, and more something you want to believe and therefore create in your mind). Which is what I was driving at with my "placebo effect" question.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #120
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I just want to clarify here....so you've put these horses and dogs in your will to go to someone you view as a caring and loving person.

Did you also at the same time bequeath a significant amount of money to same caring and loving person, enough to cover the animal's living expenses until its death (conservatively estimated)?

Because if not, and I was that caring and loving person you identified in your will, I'd be carefully and lovingly transporting your horse to the nearest glue factory. No way am I taking on a liability for you (or for my actual friends for that matter).
I had assumed the person receiving a horse has been made aware of it. Otherwise that would be like assigning someone as a child's God father/mother and not ever telling them.

I don't think she was planning on the "surprise Horse, asshole!" outcome.

Last edited by Devious21; 10-16-2014 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: "surprise Horse asshole" was a different kind of surprise.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #121
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Is this thread sarcastic? If so, then I look like a big dumbass right now.

If not, and that's a real statement, then I'm kind of at a loss for words. You can only come to that conclusion if you had it before you started. You are simply reinforcing a pre-existing belief rather than coming to that conclusion from an evaluation of evidence.
Honestly you guys disappoint me. I expected more from OT.

It is obvious all these ghost, spirits demons etc are simply glitches in the matrix. Even my grandma knows this shit!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #122
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Honestly you guys disappoint me. I expected more from OT.

It is obvious all these ghost, spirits demons etc are simply glitches in the matrix. Even my grandma knows this shit!
haha I thought they were bimmerpost banned members trying to come back
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #123
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Is this thread sarcastic? If so, then I look like a big dumbass right now.

If not, and that's a real statement, then I'm kind of at a loss for words. You can only come to that conclusion if you had it before you started. You are simply reinforcing a pre-existing belief rather than coming to that conclusion from an evaluation of evidence.
How else can you explain three HEAVY nail marks down someones arm, that disappear after a half hour drive home?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #124
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
How many believe animals can see things?
Animals have a stronger feeling of presence than humans do. Some will bark at a falling leaf, but expressions speak louder than a bark, much so as humans. "ah" for us is different than a "AH!".

They see it before we do. Without a doubt.

Have you seen dogs that won't go into a certain house? Why the fuck wouldn't they go in a house? If they have no sense, they would walk in happily. What makes one house different from another? They don't know the difference, it's just a house. We have the perception that it's a "haunted" house, so how to explain the differentials?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #125
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

What I also consider paranormal is the amount of attention the guys on here pays to any girl that posts on this board...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #126
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
How else can you explain three HEAVY nail marks down someones arm, that disappear after a half hour drive home?
This single sentence will immediately send red flags to anyone familiar with logical fallacies. It's a major shifting of the burden of proof.

Your rationale for believing it's ghosts is: "I can't think of anything else it could be. So it's ghosts". This is an appeal to the Argument from Incredulity.

If you're asking for what else it could be, it could be any number of other explanations. Many being equally valid, given we have zero information or ability to investigate the experience. You say it's Ghosts. I say it's God sending you a message. Prove it's not God.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #127
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
This single sentence will immediately send red flags to anyone familiar with logical fallacies. It's a major shifting of the burden of proof.

Your rationale for believing it's ghosts is: "I can't think of anything else it could be. So it's ghosts". This is an appeal to the Argument from Incredulity.

If you're asking for what else it could be, it could be any number of other explanations. Many being equally valid, given we have zero information or ability to investigate the experience. You say it's Ghosts. I say it's God sending you a message. Prove it's not God.
Prove it is God, bruh. You're argument is just as invalid as mine. Again, it boils down to speculation. You think God is punishing me for being so incredibly awesome and amazing or something, I think an entity didn't like my presence in the area.

Please, keep the whole God thing out of here. For the 100th time. Are you people illiterate? Go to the religion section. This is the paranormal section.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #128
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
What I also consider paranormal is the amount of attention the guys on here pays to any girl that posts on this board...
Im not just any girl. Ive been around here a lot longer than most of these boys. I've been through 3 BMWs with this site and have contributed a lot more than just psychical attributes.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #129
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Prove it is God, bruh. You're argument is just as invalid as mine. Again, it boils down to speculation. You think God is punishing me for being so incredibly awesome and amazing or something, I think an entity didn't like my presence in the area.

Please, keep the whole God thing out of here. For the 100th time. Are you people illiterate? Go to the religion section. This is the paranormal section.

Not illiterate lol.. He probably just doesnt read every single post. I admit I didnt either. I only read selective posts in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #130
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
The White Knight is strong in this forum.

Quote:
Im not just any girl. Ive been around here a lot longer than most of these boys. I've been through 3 BMWs with this site and have contributed a lot more than just psychical attributes.
After reading that, now I KNOW this thread is a joke...
      10-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #131
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The White Knight is strong in this forum.

After reading that, now I KNOW this thread is a joke...
Go choke on a dick.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #132
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Go choke on a dick.
What a wonderful "contribution" to the forums you are.

Sorry I won't ride your ass like every other douchebag on the forums...

How many of these BMW's that you have "owned" did you actually pay for yourself?