E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OT, Learn me about nightclubs

04-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 135i

OT, Learn me about nightclubs

Alrighty OT. I'm young (23), white, and have recently discovered the sublime joys of alcohol. However, I don't go to bars often (maybe once a month) and have never been to a nightclub. What am i missing out on? What is the best night to go to a club? What does it take to have a successful night out? What are some do's and dont's in general, and specifically in dealing with women (assuming you're trying to take one home for the night)? Would you mind sharing interesting club stories?

Also, I demand Shah makes a post on this subject with his opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Italian and German

Let's start with this, before you walk in.

"Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise."
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklimis View Post

Let's start with this, before you walk in.
good to know. i'm a shirt and tie kinda guy anyways.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Girls don't give a shit about you if you're not putting drinks in their hands. Buying drinks at the bar works. Bottle service will get you groupies if you can flip the bill. Girls will use you for free drinks. Get used to it.

Dress to impress.

Bring your A game to every girl you talk to. If you don't, there is a club full of other guys that will.

You won't score every time. You just won't.

Don't take a girl home that can't walk on her own.

Don't flash clothing brands, watches, jewelry, shoes, car, etc at them. Chances are, they already noticed.

It's not hard to blow $100+ in a night.

If you're trying to smash, being the nice guy will never work. Girls don't go to a club to find a nice guy.

That's all for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

pocket shots will save you a lot.

and just enjoy the party.

and if you're really looking to score, easiest way is to bring a wingwoman. though chances are if you had one you wouldn't be looking to score (or asking here) lol.

so again, just enjoy the party.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
pocket shots will save you a lot.

and just enjoy the party.

and if you're really looking to score, easiest way is to bring a wingwoman. though chances are if you had one you wouldn't be looking to score (or asking here) lol.

so again, just enjoy the party.
Or you could just buy a hooker... Right?

04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Girls don't give a shit about you if you're not putting drinks in their hands. Buying drinks at the bar works. Bottle service will get you groupies if you can flip the bill. Girls will use you for free drinks. Get used to it.

Dress to impress.

Bring your A game to every girl you talk to. If you don't, there is a club full of other guys that will.

You won't score every time. You just won't.

Don't take a girl home that can't walk on her own.

Don't flash clothing brands, watches, jewelry, shoes, car, etc at them. Chances are, they already noticed.

It's not hard to blow $100+ in a night.

If you're trying to smash, being the nice guy will never work. Girls don't go to a club to find a nice guy.

That's all for now.
I agree with this except the buying drinks part. Can get away without that or have them buy you drinks instead.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

I need Shah to chime in here
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Face View Post
I need Shah to chime in here
Normally I would agree, but unless it's got something to do with plentyoffish or okcupid then shah really has no experience.
      04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Or you could just buy a hooker... Right?

rent. people aren't property

got nothing to prove around you. ignored.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 04-10-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Night clubs?
God...wow...where to begin?

Well how about you show up to have fun with friends? You are young, you are healthy, you are with friends and you have the money to enjoy a good time.....which makes you better than a good number of people in the world.

Pregame a little with friends, show up with friends and have a great time with your friends!

As for meeting girls? Dance smile and enjoy life...becasue well what woman wants to be with a guy hiding in a corner upset at the world?

Clothes.....anything bright will do. Please don't wear black....or white.
simply put..if you are in dark colors no one will see you...not your friends and not the cute girls! And well you want to be noticed!

Now you could wear something of a color so bright that makes blind gay men scream...or you can simply wear a nice black shirt with a bright pink tie? Or a nice pink shirt with a bright white tie. And it doesn't have to spe spendy. This is one of my favorite shirts to go out with....
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...19478878_n.jpg

I'm not the best looking guy at the club...and i'm not rich either....but I'm that guy in the shirt that says "Hi im' here i'm happy and how are you?"
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

a nice hat does wonders, a style cue that seems to have lost its way around here.

also, if you don't want to waste time, go straight to touching and cut the smalltalk
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Many night clubs in NYC are not hat friendly....but if a night club is....god a freaking nutty cowboy hat does wonders for getting the ladies over to you.

but silly question....why do you want to go to a night club? why not go to a nice rave?
drinks are cheepr and the ladies are more friendly?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Only suckers buy women drinks thinking they are going to get more than conversation, and bottle service is a joke.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Many night clubs in NYC are not hat friendly....but if a night club is....god a freaking nutty cowboy hat does wonders for getting the ladies over to you.

but silly question....why do you want to go to a night club? why not go to a nice rave?
drinks are cheepr and the ladies are more friendly?

I have no clue where raves are, not really sure how to find that scene here in Chicago.

Anyone got any good stories?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Only suckers buy women drinks thinking they are going to get more than conversation, and bottle service is a joke.
Bottle service can be good if you can discount a good rate and want a booth in very crowded clubs. If you drink enough, it could save you money depending on how much the table costs. But I wouldn't use that to pickup.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Hum....well I found the local sceene via a friend who's sister was a member.
Basically they are fund raising for their annual trip to Burning Man.
Look up any local Burners and join up...go with friends..keep the ego at the door and smile!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

A quick comment on raves: they are nuts. Girls (and guys) will come up to you dressed in the weirdest shit ever and start dancing with you unprovoked. Drugs everywhere. Girls there are better to talk to. The music tends to be higher-energy too with more electronic and fewer "top 100" joints. If you're careful you can have a really good time at one especially if that kind of music is more your thing.

As for other clubs and bars, the best advice I can offer is to watch your tab. It's incredibly easy to run up a triple-digit bill when everything you drink costs 15 bucks and you're buying drinks here and there for other people.

By the way, there are women who go to all of these places with the goal of scoring free drinks. Won't even bring money, just an ID to get in with. They'll take advantage of your generosity and they're good at what they do. Don't fall for the trap because you're not getting laid out of it.

On that note if a girl explicitly asks for you to buy her drinks, she a ho, move on.

Last edited by PINeely; 04-10-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Face View Post

I have no clue where raves are, not really sure how to find that scene here in Chicago.

Anyone got any good stories?
Rave scene should be big in Chicago. That's where house originated.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Plenty of solid tips and recommendations here!

As far as my club scene experiences, I have been to several in Miami, Vegas, and a couple locally. But, I would not call myself an expert by any means. When I went on vacation to these places, my group of friends made it a priority to "do it up" as best as we could. My best story that I would like to share with you was in Las Vegas at a nightclub. It was 4 of us, all guys, and we waited on line for a solid hour before deciding to give bottle service a try. We gave the promoter $100 bucks, got walked into a private table with a bouncer. A bottle of sky vodka, the 750ml one you get at any local joint for under $25, was $550. A bottle of Fiji, like the 12oz one or whatever, was $23. In reality, the $100 bill was more like the $1 bill in any other situation. Nonetheless, my point is that while we had the table, our bouncer made it a priority to "bring us girls." Not that our group was even remotely shy, but for it being the first time in this type of luxurious environment, we followed the bouncer's lead. Conveniently, there was a bachelorette party with table service literally two steps below ours. The bouncer went over, grabbed random broads, and was like here ya go. We ended up hanging out with that group of girls for the remaining few days of the trip, which made it a blast.

I guess my overall message would be to just let it loose, have fun, and not give two shits about if you get rejected by the first 5 chicks you approach. I like to use the buckshot approach, fire off a shell and see what sticks.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

When I was younger, it was all about pre-drinking in the car before club and those were some of the best times. Now if I go out with those same friends, they're all about bottle service which is cool, but kind of a waste for me since I like to dance and wander around a bit.

Don't let girls use you for drinks. Unless you're talking to her or dancing with her for awhile, I wouldn't get her drink.

Everyone wants to get girls, but I wouldn't make that your goal when you go out. I know some guys who don't have a good time unless they hookup. You don't want that as you'll be in a world of disappoint....just try to have a good time.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hmmm with how pricey drinks are probably gonna be, I feel like pre-gaming in the car is definitely a good idea haha
Appreciate 0