E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OT, Learn me about nightclubs

04-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #23
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Pre-game for sure, and don't show up too early. But make sure you have an "in" for crowded places with lines. If not, show up on time but still pre-game

Golden rule, no matter what happens act like you're having the most fun out of any one in the club, but don't get obnoxious. Girls gravitate to guys they think are fun first and foremost. If you look like you're bored, or to cool for school girls will think you're an ass or boring
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
By the way, there are women who go to all of these places with the goal of scoring free drinks. Won't even bring money, just an ID to get in with. They'll take advantage of your generosity and they're good at what they do. Don't fall for the trap because you're not getting laid out of it.
I actually have a funny story kind of relating to this...

Last summer myself, my friend and both of our girlfriends went out to this outdoor restaurant/bar that turns into a club around 10pm and we challenged our girlfriends to see how many free drinks they could get just by talking to random guys at the bar. Needless to say, they kept running back and forth to our table and just kept giving me and my friend the beers that were bought for them. It was hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
By the way, there are women who go to all of these places with the goal of scoring free drinks. Won't even bring money, just an ID to get in with. They'll take advantage of your generosity and they're good at what they do. Don't fall for the trap because you're not getting laid out of it.

On that note if a girl explicitly asks for you to buy her drinks, she a ho, move on.
damn, didnt know scum like that existed. and here i was thinking i was gonna be all Ryan Gosling and "always buy the girl a drink".

I want to hear Spool's input on this too. good stuff so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
-I have better luck with women at clubs when going in without expectations. Dance, enjoy yourself, women will take notice. A lot women are there for the purpose of attracting a partner ... it's not quite rocket science.

-Absolutely pre-game in the parking lot. Drinks are a rip-off inside, $10-15/ea.

-If you buy a girl a drink, don't let her f%cking escape - make sure she actually wants to dance with you and isn't just bumming a drink. E.g. she points to the bar first, that's what her interest is and you should find someone else.

-Also agreed on not showing up early. Clubs open at 10pm, usually, I go inside ~11-11:30ish.

Have fun.
      04-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #27
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

On other forums I'm on, this is what's known as 'fishing'. You say something completely: 1. pointless, 2. stupid, or 3. childish for the sake of invoking a reaction. The normal reaction from senior members familiar with fishing comment on how many 'fish you've reeled in'. In this case, a lot of you are suckers. Do you really think a 23 year old from Chicago has never been to a bar? Do you really think you're going to explain with some comments on an internet forum on how to pick up a woman in a bar/club/rave? This dude is fishing.

For instance, if I made a post about "How pathetic BMWs have become lately in the performance department. New M3 with only 450 HP for ~$80g+? Please." it would invoke about 300 people to respond and tell me I'm retarded and babble on about performance specs and so forth, and it would be a successful fishing trip for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #28
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

^ perhaps, though some lurkers might actually be in that position and would have learned something
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #29
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
+1
he's 23 and he's got no game haha
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #30
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
step 1: buy 5 glasses (not shots) of sambucca
step 2: bring out a lighter
step 3: break said glasses on the bar/table
step 4: light the sambucca
step 5: yell "bitches, come"
      04-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #31
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
On other forums I'm on, this is what's known as 'fishing'. You say something completely: 1. pointless, 2. stupid, or 3. childish for the sake of invoking a reaction. The normal reaction from senior members familiar with fishing comment on how many 'fish you've reeled in'. In this case, a lot of you are suckers. Do you really think a 23 year old from Chicago has never been to a bar? Do you really think you're going to explain with some comments on an internet forum on how to pick up a woman in a bar/club/rave? This dude is fishing.

For instance, if I made a post about "How pathetic BMWs have become lately in the performance department. New M3 with only 450 HP for ~$80g+? Please." it would invoke about 300 people to respond and tell me I'm retarded and babble on about performance specs and so forth, and it would be a successful fishing trip for me.
ive been to bars before, just not a nightclub. don't know why that's so hard to believe.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Clubs are useful for two things:
-random flings
-going with a party for a special occasion

Not useful for:
-any remotely meaningful interaction
-finding classy people
-avoiding cocky phaggots/entitled sloots

It might just be me, but if I'm going to a club with fewer than three other friends and/or my lady then it's basically a race to grab some overpriced drinks so I can tolerate half the people in the club and become drunk buddies with them for the night.

I prefer the half-bar-half-club scene. Usually the crowd is much better and the music isn't so ear-fuckingly loud that it stomps out your conversations.

If you do go to a club and you're looking to score, which will be your goal 90% of the time, then dress sharp, wear brighter clothing (keep it tasteful), don't go full retard on the drinks, and don't be that guy that just sits around on his cell phone or staring off in space. Keep your pace up and play the numbers game when it comes to starting conversation. If you get turned down or lose interest, keep moving on.

Just thinking about this make me glad I've got a girl and don't have to deal with this bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #33
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

And if you have to keep buying a girl drinks to keep her around you're doing it wrong.

Ad +1 to the pregame pointer.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #34
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
When I was younger, it was all about pre-drinking in the car before club and those were some of the best times.

Don't let girls use you for drinks. Unless you're talking to her or dancing with her for awhile, I wouldn't get her drink.

You always gotta pre-game, you'll end up spending a fortune on the bill at the place (at least for me because it takes me forever to get a buzz going).

As stated, don't buy some random girl you met 2 seconds ago a drink. Waste of money. After you buy her a drink she'll probably disappear in the crowd and you won't see her for the rest of the night anyway. And if you're going to try and "talk" to a woman at a nightclub, don't go to the nightclub; because you can't hear shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #35
Fresh Face
Enlisted Member
Rep

had a blast last night, thanks for all the advice. I guess I really have been missing out for these last few years.
Appreciate 0