E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > tough mudder

03-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #23
boostedM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
thats pretty crazy, i got this in may and just realized today when i saw this post i should maybe try to get ready for it lol, good luck with yours
Thanks! Same to you
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #24
tpduke112
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model X P100DL

tough mudder is fun as hell! def worth doing.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Mine is coming up in two weeks!!yikes im nervous and excited at the same time

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #26
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Mine is coming up in two weeks!!yikes im nervous and excited at the same time
are you training for it? not been really doing much other than my normal routine.. set for 5 weeks from now though

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #27
GOLFFRR
Rep

Just got back from the tough mudder las vegas and it was pretty cool. I will say that the electric shock sucked hard and I mean really hard!! Below is a few tips that I would suggest to anyone based on my run.

1. You are going to be getting wet/muddy a lot. Wear some sort of compression short under a pair of board shorts. This way the board shorts dry fast and dont get weighed down. I wore some nike compression shorts under a pair of rip curl board shorts. I wore a nike pro short worked great. never any issues as far as wet or weighing me down.

2. have a zip up pocket in your shorts if possible. In that pocket I had a zip lock bag with a aleve and a small yube of lip balm. halfway through the race at one of "MANY" break areas I took the aleve and it pulled me through the race without any pain whatsoever.

3. I would highly recommend wearing some sort of minimalist shoe with a blister fee sock. If you wear a basic tennis shoe or running shoe it is going to get bogged down with mudd and get really really heavy and there is a ton of running so its going to suck. blister free socks are prob the most important bc if you get a blister your done out there. I would highly recommend a mid calf sock. I wore a ankle sock and i had a few pebbles get in my shoe but didn't stress it. shoes I wore were the new balance Minimus 10v2 Trail they were awesome and the wetter they got the grippier they got. loved these shoes in this race. I ran the whole race never walked and had no pain.

4. gloves. I wore gloves (footjoy rain gloves) and they worked great. I only took them off one time and that was for the monkey bars. They really helped me out getting over various walls etc.. without having to worry about messing up my hands.

5.50/50 on some sort of knee cover or elbow cover. I kinda of wish I could have some sort of knee protection and elbow protection but I think you would look like a tool if you actually rocked knee pads or elbow pads so just be ready for sore elbows and knees from all the crawling on the rocks etc..

if anyone has any other questions on the tough mudder let me know! good luck on your race!!

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
Das_Stig
Rep
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Just got back from the tough mudder las vegas and it was pretty cool. I will say that the electric shock sucked hard and I mean really hard!! Below is a few tips that I would suggest to anyone based on my run.

1. You are going to be getting wet/muddy a lot. Wear some sort of compression short under a pair of board shorts. This way the board shorts dry fast and dont get weighed down. I wore some nike compression shorts under a pair of rip curl board shorts. I wore a nike pro short worked great. never any issues as far as wet or weighing me down.

2. have a zip up pocket in your shorts if possible. In that pocket I had a zip lock bag with a aleve and a small yube of lip balm. halfway through the race at one of "MANY" break areas I took the aleve and it pulled me through the race without any pain whatsoever.

3. I would highly recommend wearing some sort of minimalist shoe with a blister fee sock. If you wear a basic tennis shoe or running shoe it is going to get bogged down with mudd and get really really heavy and there is a ton of running so its going to suck. blister free socks are prob the most important bc if you get a blister your done out there. I would highly recommend a mid calf sock. I wore a ankle sock and i had a few pebbles get in my shoe but didn't stress it. shoes I wore were the new balance Minimus 10v2 Trail they were awesome and the wetter they got the grippier they got. loved these shoes in this race. I ran the whole race never walked and had no pain.

4. gloves. I wore gloves (footjoy rain gloves) and they worked great. I only took them off one time and that was for the monkey bars. They really helped me out getting over various walls etc.. without having to worry about messing up my hands.

5.50/50 on some sort of knee cover or elbow cover. I kinda of wish I could have some sort of knee protection and elbow protection but I think you would look like a tool if you actually rocked knee pads or elbow pads so just be ready for sore elbows and knees from all the crawling on the rocks etc..

if anyone has any other questions on the tough mudder let me know! good luck on your race!!
that was some great advice, pretty much all of it things i would never have considered to be an issue. probably gonna take up a lot of your advice on my first run next month.

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #29
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Tough mudder is totally a team based event. I don't think you have to be in super amazing shape to do it. But its good to have an order where the most fit person goes through an event first and helps the others out if they can't make it (for example, there was an event where you had to run up a half pipe, jump, catch the top and pull yourself up). Your teammates will be there to help you should you not be able to make it up.

Bring some kind of energy food with you (like the gatorade gel things). Bananas will be given along the way as is water.

you're going to get really cold and wet after some events. Wear clothing that will vent out water quickly (compression gear, underarmour etc).

Start running and practicing now. The event is around a half marathon length in distance. You will likely be running slowly anyway since you're running collectively as a group, there will be lines and events will kill your momentum, but you should be able to run at least 8-10 miles nonstop if you hope to be able to do this in a decent time.

Eat properly the night before and before the race. You will need all the energy you can get.

Have fun. This event is so much better than pure running events because of the obstacles and the teamwork.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #30
Das_Stig
Rep

well ran it yesterday was a lot of fun, didn't really feel it till about half an hour after the race ended. and when i woke up this morning, legs are stiff as heck. was a totally fun experience and definitely a good time! gl to anyone who still has to look forward to this in the year ahead.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
Maximus_850csi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90

Garage List
2021 BMW S1000XR  [0.00]
2018 YMB F80  [0.00]
I will be doing the Philly TM on June 1st with my team. Last year we did the Tri-State back in October.

It's a blast to pull up the hill and help people you don't know while ripping the obstacles as a team
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
GOLFFRR
Rep

Appreciate 0