E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 128 and 135

07-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

was that your attempt at insulting me?

My car is SPECIAL TO ME, but I'm not delusional enough like you to think that the 3 series is something mythical or special in the automotive world, yes, it's a great car, my 330i is damn special to me, key word: TO ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestpilot View Post
canucklion, your 330I not something special or just a piece of trash?
      07-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
forrestpilot
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335I Mblu sprt AT

canucklion, my point exactly about being special. we all take pride in our cars or we would not be on this site, was not intended to be insulting.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #25
canucklion
Canada
Rep

cuz they barely could afford the 3 series, and now the 1 series is coming out, they're like "damn, I could've saved 10gs by buying the 1 series and still drive a bimmer"

That's why. Otherwise, I truly don't get the mentality of why they're all butt hurt about the 1 series coming here.

I hope when those people drive their 3 series on the street, the 5er owners would laugh and throw bananas at them. You see the ridiculousness of this scenario? Well, it's the same as the 3 series owners thumbing their nose at future 1 series owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
+1
Where I live NO BMW IS RARE OR SPECIAL. I seriously dont see why some people are sweating about the 1 series coming to the US. I just dont get it.
      07-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #26
canucklion
Canada
Rep

then why does it matter if the 1 series is coming out? does it make your car any less special to YOU? I hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestpilot View Post
canucklion, my point exactly about being special. we all take pride in our cars or we would not be on this site, was not intended to be insulting.
      07-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #27
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
cuz they barely could afford the 3 series, and now the 1 series is coming out, they're like "damn, I could've saved 10gs by buying the 1 series and still drive a bimmer"

That's why. Otherwise, I truly don't get the mentality of why they're all butt hurt about the 1 series coming here.

I hope when those people drive their 3 series on the street, the 5er owners would laugh and throw bananas at them. You see the ridiculousness of this scenario? Well, it's the same as the 3 series owners thumbing their nose at future 1 series owners
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #28
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I will agree to this as a worry for me...

the 1 will introduce a larger percentage of ricers in the BMW community. I drive a heavily modded Scion tC. I have seen some doozies of tCs.

MY Car

Right now, it is sacrilege to do certain things to a BMW. I will predict the rules will change when the one comes out. Think of some of the things you have seen done to the W203 C Coupe. Yeeeesh, I have seen some that have tears building up on the 3 pointed star.

I am concerned to see the "Yo, check out my 1er spoiler I made myself of sheet metal" thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post

the 1 will introduce a larger percentage of ricers in the BMW community. I drive a heavily modded Scion tC. I have seen some doozies of tCs.

MY Car

Right now, it is sacrilege to do certain things to a BMW. I will predict the rules will change when the one comes out. Think of some of the things you have seen done to the W203 C Coupe. Yeeeesh, I have seen some that have tears building up on the 3 pointed star.

I am concerned to see the "Yo, check out my 1er spoiler I made myself of sheet metal" thread.

That is a possibility. However, I doubt you'll have to worry about that. Since BMW parts are pretty damn expensive, I dont think a lot of "ricers" will be spending their money to rice our their cars. Most people that mod BMWs at least have a sense of taste thus preventing them from turning their cars into ricerockets.

Also, the thought of breaking something in a BMW (well any German car in general) and fixing it will probably kill the thought of modding it senselessly.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #30
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:

MY Car

lol don't forget that tC owners feel like exclusive punks because it's the first model too. Maybe they don't know that they're really a camry in disguise!

To everyone who is pissed off about the 1 series having the 3-series engines, same engines have been used for ages and in many different manufacturers. If a Subaru Legacy (same engine as the STI) cost about 5000 more than the Subaru WRX STI AND gets a smaller turbo because it was designed more for luxury, why do people even buy the legacy? In fact, why do all of you people buy the 3 series over the STI? It has the same amount of doors, and is an assload quicker. Let's not forget that it cost a whopping 15k less to grab a nearly loaded one. You'd be a hell of a lot more exclusive too. If it's performance you wanted with the 3 series, wait yourself for a the M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
forrestpilot
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335I Mblu sprt AT

Love my car and not opposed to 1 Series. GM and Ford can probably learn something from BMW. Put a Corvette engine in a Malibu or a Shelby Mustang engine in a Ford 500, they would sale more vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #32
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
lol don't forget that tC owners feel like exclusive punks because it's the first model too. Maybe they don't know that they're really a camry in disguise!
hey watch yourself... i love my tc... haha

i know your just joking though

I warn you all however... you underestimate the POWER of the DARK SIDE

it is starting to get into nissan maxima range... i almost guarentee you guys will have a photo thread with the topic being "post pics of the worst 128 you have ever seen"

ill be back to shove it in your faces in about 6 months
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #33
SpecC
Rep

^i wouldn't worry about the 128 or 135 being riced out. I'm expecting them to at least be 25000 since it's supposedly going to have 300 hp. With that kind of power, it has the possibility of competing with Evos/STIs on the market which go for 30000-39000 and 34000 respectively. Sure japanese parts are cheap, but damn BMW things are EXPENSIVE!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #34
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

ummmm... only 135 gets the twin turbo engine... u r gonna see a bunch of modded 128s!

25000 aint a lot of money these days.... at only 22, i could buy a car of that value

look into your future... by looking at the past

i never predict much... i predict THIS!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #35
SpecC
Rep

aside from the hood and doors, I think everything onthat car is pretty much made by hamann so I wouldn't completely say it's rice

128s though... i don't know about that. i see what you're saying since they're not that much to buy, but I just don't see dumb kids making their own mods to the car for a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #36
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the 135 with options will cost more than a 328's base price

that's a guarantee

the 1 is not going to be cheap... hell you can make a mini cooper over 30 grand without even checking all the boxes
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #37
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
+1
Where I live NO BMW IS RARE OR SPECIAL. I seriously dont see why some people are sweating about the 1 series coming to the US. I just dont get it.
haha woot silicon valley... tons of luxury vheicles...

resale value because of the 128/135i? hahaha pshhh. why are you trippin? they're still different cars... sure same engine but still different cars.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #38
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
aside from the hood and doors, I think everything onthat car is pretty much made by hamann so I wouldn't completely say it's rice

128s though... i don't know about that. i see what you're saying since they're not that much to buy, but I just don't see dumb kids making their own mods to the car for a little bit.
Hammann is rice... Sorry, looks like it anyway. The Pseudo tuners have completely lost the plot with the E90 series. It's freaking horrible to garbage they are peddling, no design, no style, just useless over styled and heavy junk.

Subtle used to be the keyword...
      07-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #39
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Hammann is rice... Sorry, looks like it anyway. The Pseudo tuners have completely lost the plot with the E90 series. It's freaking horrible to garbage they are peddling, no design, no style, just useless over styled and heavy junk.

Subtle used to be the keyword...
but if it's subtle, nobody will know I spent 8 grand to make my car look like a honda accord
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #40
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
the 135 with options will cost more than a 328's base price

that's a guarantee

the 1 is not going to be cheap... hell you can make a mini cooper over 30 grand without even checking all the boxes
yeah, but YOU KNOW there will be a lot of 128s base rolling on the streets! we are talking a sub 25k bimmer... doors will be opened!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #41
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
yeah, but YOU KNOW there will be a lot of 128s base rolling on the streets! we are talking a sub 25k bimmer... doors will be opened!
that's not new though... there are plenty of BMW's available for less than 25K

they're called USED cars

real ricers dont' buy new cars, they buy beat ass used cars
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #42
ik999
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i f32 435xi

BMW cars, especially the 3 series, are extremely common where I live. They are quite popular among Indian and Chinese people, who make up the majority of this town. BMW is by far the most popular luxury brand over here. In large parking lots, you will see that there are far more BMW cars than from Audi, Mercedes, or Lexus. Even cars like the 7 series and the M5 are commonly spotted. BMW is certainly not an exclusive brand. In fact, one might say that BMW is the mainstream luxury vehicle of choice.

Due to BMW's popularity, many people would buy a car from the latter brands just to avoid owning such a common car. Additionally, many people don't buy BMW cars in order to avoid being classified as a typical BMW driver. BMW drivers here have earned a reputation of being arrogant, superficial, and ignorant about cars in general.

Here, many people who cannot afford to get a new BMW buy a used model. A typical story is that people will purchase a used X5 instead of a brand new Camry, then scoff at Camry drivers even when they know that they paid more or less the same. It's these same type of people who make remarks about Lexus and say things like "Hey, it's a Toyota after all", as if Toyota is an incapable company.

When the 128i and the 135i come to NA, this situation will worsen. BMWs will become even more common, and the image will degrade even further. I can only imagine 1-series drivers talking down to others, "You drive an Acura, eh? Sucks to be you".

Now by all means, there are lots of good Bimmer drivers out there: People who respect other companies, understand the weaknesses of their own cars, and those who are not ignorant cars in general. But these people are a minority, and have to suffer because of the others.

When you buy a BMW car, new or used, you should be aware of this situation. It shouldn't be a surprise that the 3-series isn't anything special, just look around you. You could say that the 3-series is similar to the Apple iPod.
-It's a product that deserves recognition, but not in a way which people can brag about it.

Last edited by ik999; 07-02-2007 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #43
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
that's not new though... there are plenty of BMW's available for less than 25K

they're called USED cars

real ricers dont' buy new cars, they buy beat ass used cars
that's why some E36s have bad names now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
BMW cars, especially the 3 series, are extremely common where I live. They are quite popular among Indian and Chinese people, who make up the majority of this town.
you should come out to a norcal meet...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #44
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
you should come out to a norcal meet...
lol, I thought I was at a meet, turns out it was just normal people shopping for groceries
Appreciate 0