E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Colts Fans Unite!

12-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #45
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Please- the Colts are a much better team because, aside from their 12-0 record, they are a more consistent team. They are tied with the longest straight regular season game winning streak at 21-0. They've made it to the playoffs for umpteenth time and won 12+ games for God knows how many times. When was the last time the Saints made it to the playoffs? It's funny how all the bandwagoners are all of a sudden saying Saints are the best team just because they happen to be 12-0 thus far this season (key words: this season).
No bandwagon fan here, I was born and raised in new Orleans and been a Saints fan my entire life....even during "The paper bag years". As I stated in the other thread I played football with Peyton in high school.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #46
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Junkie View Post
No bandwagon fan here, I was born and raised in new Orleans and been a Saints fan my entire life....even during "The paper bag years". As I stated in the other thread I played football with Peyton in high school.
I smell.....

The fact that you said the Colts suck, proves you're a bandwagoner or a fanboy. I hate the Pats, but I sure as hell don't go around saying they suck....I know better.

I never came into the Saints thread and said they sucked. I'm rooting for them all the way, as long as they're not playing us.

We both won Sunday. Good day.
      12-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #47
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
I smell.....
What's so hard to fathom that someone actually shared the football field with him?? You mean he didn't play football by himself?? NO WAY!!! Take it for what it is, high school football, I never said I was a pro-bowler in the NFL.

Quote:
The fact that you said the Colts suck, proves you're a bandwagoner or a fanboy. I hate the Pats, but I sure as hell don't go around saying they suck....I know better.
I was referring to the following comments that colt fans (like yourself) made coming into the Saints thread..

Quote:
Saints suck! They got very lucky today! The Skins basically gave the game away at the end. But it's all good cus it takes some attention away from the Colts- hands down THE best team in the league!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Saints..whatever........
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
Over Rated, They Will For Sure Choke In Playoffs, They Were Better Off Losing Losing Yesterday Just To Get It Off Their Back. Tragic
Quote:
I never came into the Saints thread and said they sucked. I'm rooting for them all the way, as long as they're not playing us.

We both won Sunday. Good day.

You didn't but you didn't have to your fellow Colts fans did..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #48
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Junkie View Post
What's so hard to fathom that someone actually shared the football field with him?? You mean he didn't play football by himself?? NO WAY!!! Take it for what it is, high school football, I never said I was a pro-bowler in the NFL.

I was referring to the following comments that colt fans (like yourself) made coming into the Saints thread..

You didn't but you didn't have to your fellow Colts fans did..
That's awesome then if you did man. How was it? Peyton's come a long way since he's been with the Colts, that's for sure.

...Btw I can't be held responsible for what my fellow colts fans do.
      12-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #49
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
I'm not saying the 12-0 record is something to dismiss. The point is that they are not the best team that everyone is claiming. It's like they do something good for once and suddenly they're the best? Puh-lease
Wow you still don't get it. They are arguably the best team this season. Saints and Colts are both 12-0. We are not talking about best team in the past few years. You keep thinking that. Also going by your logic then the Patriots are the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #50
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Wow you still don't get it. They are arguably the best team this season. Saints and Colts are both 12-0. We are not talking about best team in the past few years. You keep thinking that. Also going by your logic then the Patriots are the best.
I think you're the one that doesn't get it. Going by what you think is my logic then the Steelers, Pats, and any other team that has recently won a SB is the best team. I'm not saying that the Saints' record is nothing to praise about (please ignore my earlier comment that the Saints suck- that was the fan side of me ).

Anyhow, I'm saying that just because the Saints are 12-0 this season (and they're not the only one), a lot of people are jumping on the wagon going oh Saints this and that. You'd be hard pressed to find a Saints thread on this forum in the past 4-5 years. Why? Because it's only when they're winning that the bandwagoners start to show. Back to my point, the only reason people think that Saints are the best team this season is because they've never done it before. It's like when slice bread was first invented. The Colts, on the other hand, have made it to the playoffs time and time again so people just write them off as a given. Thus they're discounting the Colts almost every single week.

If you look at the media, they never give the Colts enough credit for their wins. It's always "oh NE made mistakes and Bill made a bad call" or "Houston floundered and gave the game away." Despite their injuries they've found ways to win games. But I digress. I realize now that everyone has their opinion so I'm not going to waste my breath trying to convince them.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #51
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
I think you're the one that doesn't get it. Going by what you think is my logic then the Steelers, Pats, and any other team that has recently won a SB is the best team. I'm not saying that the Saints' record is nothing to praise about (please ignore my earlier comment that the Saints suck- that was the fan side of me ).

Anyhow, I'm saying that just because the Saints are 12-0 this season (and they're not the only one), a lot of people are jumping on the wagon going oh Saints this and that. You'd be hard pressed to find a Saints thread on this forum in the past 4-5 years. Why? Because it's only when they're winning that the bandwagoners start to show. Back to my point, the only reason people think that Saints are the best team this season is because they've never done it before. It's like when slice bread was first invented. The Colts, on the other hand, have made it to the playoffs time and time again so people just write them off as a given. Thus they're discounting the Colts almost every single week.

If you look at the media, they never give the Colts enough credit for their wins. It's always "oh NE made mistakes and Bill made a bad call" or "Houston floundered and gave the game away." Despite their injuries they've found ways to win games. But I digress. I realize now that everyone has their opinion so I'm not going to waste my breath trying to convince them.

Agreed, the Colts never get enough credit. Who cares if they don't always blowout the competition and win by 20 or 30 point margins all the time? The fact is that they've worked with what they've had available and produced wins. I would say the fact that they've come from behind and won several times this season and won is pretty damn notable. But all the haters will be quick to say that they should have been good enough to not have had to comeback late in the game. I'm not a Colts fan, but I think its fair to recognize them for their outstanding season so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #52
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
But all the haters will be quick to say that they should have been good enough to not have had to comeback late in the game. I'm not a Colts fan, but I think its fair to recognize them for their outstanding season so far.
Colts and Pat's have always been 4th quarter teams. You can never count them out, Peyton can walk on water.
      12-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #53
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Colts and Pat's have always been 4th quarter teams. You can never count them out, Peyton can walk on water.
Ok, that I can't support. haha. Although, Peyton will probably go down as the NFL's greatest QB in history. Averaging 307 yards per game, with 4 games left, Manning is on track to destroy Marino's single season record.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #54
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:

I guess this is what I wanted to hear. Guess you really didn't mean they suck.

All I'm saying is that both teams are 12-0. Both teams has an argument of which team is better. I don't think it's that far fetched that people think the Saints are better.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #55
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW e82

Stats are very close...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/headToH...8&statsId2=11&

Saints Colts
10.2 Total Offense 5.4
16.2 Total Defense 15.3
5.5 Passing Offense 3.5
12.4 Passing Defense 17.0
5.5 Rushing Offense 20.8
23.2 Rushing Defense 17.0
7.2 Receiving Offense 5.7
14.3 Receiving Defense 15.2
30.3 Punting 25.2
17.5 Return 24.5
19.7 Kicking 22.2
      12-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #56
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Colts
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #57
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Whoooooo 14-0 baby!!!! To be frank I didn't care much about that game since we've got things locked up but that was very entertaining. Nice to see the Colts get another win.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #58
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Hell yeah son!

Game was intense though.

I still don't want them to lose, even if it's 1 game.

Saints and Colts, Superbowl, undefeated.....
      12-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #59
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

close game, Colts had quite a few close ones this year it seems... all that matters is the "W" however. Congrats...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #60
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hell yeah son!

Game was intense though.

I still don't want them to lose, even if it's 1 game.

Saints and Colts, Superbowl, undefeated.....

That would be epic, clash of the titans.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #61
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Hey. Being a Baltimore fan, I just wanted to thank you all. We now have moved into that number two wildcard with your win last night. We play 3 teams with losing records. If we win out we're in. Thanks again Colts!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #62
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
Hey. Being a Baltimore fan, I just wanted to thank you all. We now have moved into that number two wildcard with your win last night. We play 3 teams with losing records. If we win out we're in. Thanks again Colts!
You are very welcome! We will enjoy giving you a beat down after you take out the Patriots in the Wildcard round!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #63
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Woke up this morning, went to NFL.com and saw "Colts' Manning wins MVP for record fourth time" and was ecstatic!!! 4th time MVP baby!! Huge congrats to P-money!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #64
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm kinda pissed at the Colts right now.....

Throwing away 2 games like that is bullshit. Now they've lost their momentum and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lose the first game. Great coaching strategy.
      01-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #65
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

^ Come on man- it's been like 3 weeks so just let it go. I think what happened to NE's Wes Welker pretty much showed that Indy made the right call. Can you imagine that happening to Dallas Clark, Reggie or Peyton? People would be even more pissed then. I, along with like 70-80% of the people think that they made the right call. I mean why risk injuries when you don't have to.

PS- and like Bill Polian said- it was made clear that 16-0 was NOT their goal. So I really, really, really don't get why so many people were pissed off that they didn't go for it. I mean it's not like they said they were going to strive for history and then just gave up.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #66
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
^ Come on man- it's been like 3 weeks so just let it go. I think what happened to NE's Wes Welker pretty much showed that Indy made the right call. Can you imagine that happening to Dallas Clark, Reggie or Peyton? People would be even more pissed then. I, along with like 70-80% of the people think that they made the right call. I mean why risk injuries when you don't have to.

PS- and like Bill Polian said- it was made clear that 16-0 was NOT their goal. So I really, really, really don't get why so many people were pissed off that they didn't go for it. I mean it's not like they said they were going to strive for history and then just gave up.
That's not the point, they lost any momentum they had going. Feeling undefeated, striving for a perfect season, etc.....now that is gone. Yes, there was nothing to gain from the last two games, but that's not the point.

They threw in the towel....

Tell that to the fans that went Jets game. And I almost flew up for that game, glad I didn't. I'm probably the biggest Colt's fan you'll ever meet, and I guarantee you I'm not in the minority here.