E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Am i getting fat or is this normal?

04-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Am i getting fat or is this normal?

Ok i need some opinions cause im tripping out.

Lately ive been working out more frequently. I started in December, doing cardio,weight lifting, lunges..etc. I dont have a trainer or anything. But i noticed that im getting bigger. Like all my pants are super tight, and i feel more "full". I do eat alot, and now a little more than normal due to working out more (burning more enegry).. so is this normal? When i stopped working out (back in the summer) i got thin, i was a size 1. So i LOST weight when i stopped, but now that im going more often, im getting bigger?? People tell me that i look more healthy now, but is this Muscle mass or am i fat ass?haha
      04-20-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
mava330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [6.00]
Inquiring minds want "before" and "after" pics please.
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

the bigger the thigh....the softer the ride......

my 2 cents........
      04-20-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Definitely sounds like you are increasing muscle mass. This can make your clothes fit more tightly and can make the scale say you are "heavier". Since you are naturally thin...yes, people will see more shape to you and tell you that its a healthier look.

However...if you do not want to bulk up so much..you need to change things abit. A little more reps...and less heavy weights. As far as cardio...this will help, but will make you more curvy in the right places...yeah, more junk in the trunk! If you wanted to stay lean...than is, with a low percent body fat...then, a change in diet may be required. If you eat alot more...but its just whatever food...you will get more muscular..but you will also increase your total fat stores. Not a bad thing...as long a you look good. But I guess it all depends on what your ultimate goal is.
      04-20-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
oh, and to answer your original question...

No...this is not normal. Most people just sit on their ass all day, watching tv and stuffing their faces.

So...congrats! And keep up the work outs!
      04-20-2006, 01:47 AM   #6
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Maybe a before and after picture would help? But since you're working out, mostly muscle mass. Only to tell is to go do a bodyfat test, that way you'll know for sure
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 02:18 AM   #7
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Definitely sounds like you are gaining muscle mass as far as "heavy feeling" goes.
Like what magmd said, if you want to just keep your current shape(without getting any more "bulky" or "buff") and just make it nice and curvy, change your workout habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
the bigger the thigh....the softer the ride......

my 2 cents........

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

BMW:Cars :: Bella:Women

nuff said
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Muscle mass.

I used to work out a lot because I was a dancer. I was a size 2 and weighed 145. Now I don't work out and am 130 and a size 6.

Muscle weights more than fat. Change to less weight, more reps so your muscles stop growing outwards. Also especially for tummy work-outs make sure you are pulling your body posture tight and erect sucking in the tummy so the muscles build in.

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #10
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

maybe a stupid question, but do you see something getting bigger? Like your waiste /thighs/ /or butt?

I know it sounds like a joke but if you look at yourself in the mirror and you are happy/fine with your shape it's OK(I think)

And IMHO, women can be TOO skinny(not you Bella but you know prolly what I mean)

A feminine shape is the most important to ME, I don't want you to look like Sylvestra Stallone or Arnolda Schwarzenegger FGS
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
i don't agree with the whole "muscle mass" shit. when you start working out, you burn fat and grow muscle, that's true. however, this causes you to slim down BUT can get heavier in weight because muscles are heavier than fat.

so, if you feel like you're getting bigger in size, which is different than gaining weight, and you're not working out hard (heavy weights, long workouts, lots of protein, lots of good/healthy food), that's not muscle mass that is pressing against your pants...

but i think you're just redistributing stuff around which may make it seem like you're getting fatter but, in fact, you're not. you're definitely the type that is genetically skinny.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

that's what lifting weights will do. i just do pilates and i lost thigh, waist, and butt fat so now i'm a little small for my pants. if you don't want to have notceable muscles then either don't weight lift or don't do such heavy weights.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #13
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
People tell me that i look more healthy now

to me that's a euphamism, but i have no idea what you look like
      04-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #14
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Lunges will bulk up your thighs and legs. Give that up if you don't want to make your legs any bigger.

If all you wanted to do was just get thinner, just run/jog long distances (2+ miles a day). And only that. Give up the weights - they only help build muscle mass especially if you're doing heavy weights with low reps.

Also, maybe your time is coming in regards to genetics. But, if I recall correctly, you told me your grandma and mom are both skinny? If they're skinny, then you got nothing to worry about but if they're rotund, then there's simply no avoiding it unless you strictly stick to a specific diet regimen along with habitual exercise.
      04-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #15
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
All very good posts...

I just can't believe our male e90posters are ballsy enough to tackle a "am I fat...?" question from a girl. You guys are obviously not married j/k

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's because of all of our meets and good eats!
      04-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #17
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I forgot to mention, but also at your age some ladies hips begin to extend wider so as to permit an easier passage of babies during labor/pregnancy. So, in effect, perhaps you are transititioning into the stage of motherhood! Ok, just kidding - but I think the hips are what defines a woman from a girl! Guys back me up on this!
      04-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #18
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I forgot to mention, but also at your age some ladies hips begin to extend wider so as to permit an easier passage of babies during labor/pregnancy. So, in effect, perhaps you are transititioning into the stage of motherhood! Ok, just kidding - but I think the hips are what defines a woman from a girl! Guys back me up on this!
Hips...maybe. But if a girl has this, I'm all over her:

04-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #19
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thanks for the posts guys..

I do walking lunges while holding 2 -10lbs dumbells, so my pants being tighter could be from my thighs/ass getting more muscular.

I do 30 mins of cardio which is usually a variation of stairmaster, ellpitcal, or a fast walk on an incline. As for weight lifting, im not hardcore.. i lift 50lbs on lying down leg presses, i do 65lbs on the thigh machines, i lift 20lb with my arms, i do tricep dips with a 10lb weight on my lap.

Geeslice- the opposite happened to me, i stopped working out and i was tiny, a size 1. Ppl thought i was too thin but when i got back into working out, im getting bigger (so you'd think that i would lose weight by working out more..).

My chest is the same size (bummer haha), my arms are a little more defined, so it might be my ass/thighs that are causing the pants to be tighter (ive always had an ass for being a small girl). My stomach is defined (you can see a 4 pack haha- i want to work out the lower abs more). I also wanna work out the love handle area, i store my fat in my hips- so i do side bends while holding 10 lbs, but i need somthing more

Squawks- I got hips when i was 14 yrs old. So as far as i know , i already have "birthing hips" (my cousin used to tell me that.. fooker haha).
      04-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #20
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw

I do walking lunges while holding 2 -10lbs dumbells, so my pants being tighter could be from my thighs/ass getting more muscular.

I do 30 mins of cardio which is usually a variation of stairmaster, ellpitcal, or a fast walk on an incline. As for weight lifting, im not hardcore.. i lift 50lbs on lying down leg presses, i do 65lbs on the thigh machines, i lift 20lb with my arms, i do tricep dips with a 10lb weight on my lap.

Geeslice- the opposite happened to me, i stopped working out and i was tiny, a size 1. Ppl thought i was too thin but when i got back into working out, im getting bigger (so you'd think that i would lose weight by working out more..).

My chest is the same size (bummer haha), my arms are a little more defined, so it might be my ass/thighs that are causing the pants to be tighter (ive always had an ass for being a small girl). My stomach is defined (you can see a 4 pack haha- i want to work out the lower abs more). I also wanna work out the love handle area, i store my fat in my hips- so i do side bends while holding 10 lbs, but i need somthing more

Squawks- I got hips when i was 14 yrs old. So as far as i know , i already have "birthing hips" (my cousin used to tell me that.. fooker haha).

Sounds like you have a good regimen. The only thing to look at is your food intake. If you really cut out some of the simple carbs/fats you will really tone up...meaning that your percent body fat will go down. You will still be "muscular" and you will see some tightening in some places. But you will also see thinning in others...as your subcutaneous fat diminishing you will lose some padding. So pants, etc will be tight in some spots but loose in others. Unfortunately... working out, trimming in some places, and improving your % body fat, etc....its not so good for the They will get smaller...as its one of the places that fat diminishes easily. If your % body fat gets low enough...you may even begin to cycle irregularly or even stop.

Ok......nuff of my input. Keep it up!
      04-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #21
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw

I still like to see some before and after pic maybe in a Bikini? hehe
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #22
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Sounds like you have a good regimen. The only thing to look at is your food intake. If you really cut out some of the simple carbs/fats you will really tone up...meaning that your percent body fat will go down. You will still be "muscular" and you will see some tightening in some places. But you will also see thinning in others...as your subcutaneous fat diminishing you will lose some padding. So pants, etc will be tight in some spots but loose in others. Unfortunately... working out, trimming in some places, and improving your % body fat, etc....its not so good for the They will get smaller...as its one of the places that fat diminishes easily. If your % body fat gets low enough...you may even begin to cycle irregularly or even stop.

Ok......nuff of my input. Keep it up!
haha o trust me, i know about the getting smaller, wtf! Its its bullllllll shit. O well, boob job? hahha..

Anyway- i do eat alot of carbs, they are my friend. I love em!