E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Panhandlers

07-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #111
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Please do. I'll admit, I'm only about 60-65% sure it's a robot or something entirely automated. I've been situated next to it many times at the traffic light and I can't tell. I'm actually tempted to open my window and offer a dollar or something to see if an actual person emerges
It definitely would be worth a dollar to uncover this mystery...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #112
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I was in the left lane about to go under Mopac directly next to this contraption. I was looking at it closely since the face was completely covered. I could have sworn I saw the feet move, but it could be the robot making those movements. I need to check it out again when I'm there riding my bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Please do. I'll admit, I'm only about 60-65% sure it's a robot or something entirely automated. I've been situated next to it many times at the traffic light and I can't tell. I'm actually tempted to open my window and offer a dollar or something to see if an actual person emerges
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
It definitely would be worth a dollar to uncover this mystery...
Let's make this a priority. Now I'm curious . Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #113
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

So I had to report a panhandler last night. I did not want to get anyone in trouble, I rarely do, but this guy was creating a dangerous situation for both himself and the cars on the road.
To be a sussinct as possible, he was in the middle of two lanes at a 4 way stop. On the side where the light was green and the cars were trying to cruise through the light, he was standing in their way and causing them to either swerve or slam on their brakes. If they braked hard he would hold out his hands as if begging for food.
I was at the grocery store on the corner returning a RedBox movie (Stalingrad...didnt like it) so i was in and out in 5 minutes. By that time the police were already there.
Again, I dont want anyone to get in trouble but it was dangerous and I felt the right thing to do. He'd either have been run over or caused a collision.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #114
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So I had to report a panhandler last night. I did not want to get anyone in trouble, I rarely do, but this guy was creating a dangerous situation for both himself and the cars on the road.
To be a sussinct as possible, he was in the middle of two lanes at a 4 way stop. On the side where the light was green and the cars were trying to cruise through the light, he was standing in their way and causing them to either swerve or slam on their brakes. If they braked hard he would hold out his hands as if begging for food.
I was at the grocery store on the corner returning a RedBox movie (Stalingrad...didnt like it) so i was in and out in 5 minutes. By that time the police were already there.
Again, I dont want anyone to get in trouble but it was dangerous and I felt the right thing to do. He'd either have been run over or caused a collision.
I have had one try to get run over by me before. Was about to cruise through the intersection (light was green), he saw me coming and jumped in front of my truck on purpose. Took everything in me not to hit him. Called 911.
Appreciate 0