E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Incase you were wondering...

03-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #45
330ionMaui
Let's See...Bimmer or Lotus today?
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i TiAg ZSP, ZPP

Ruth's Chris Steak House, hands down, has the best cow. I can hear the sizzle already! Extra butter please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Hells yeh it does!!! Anyone that wants to meet up at Ruth's Chris in 30 min in W.H., holla, I'll be there!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #46
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

cdheaven: You seem to be a conspiracy theorist and yet you drive a BMW which if I'm not mistaken made several WWII war machines and continues to make weapon system's for the German military and exports them to several countries. If killing animals "with feelings" turns your stomach to the point of revulsion then driving a vehicle manufactured by a company making "human killing machines" should be just as repulsive to you. Be a vegan and by all means be happy but don't criticize others if you buy, wear or clean with any products containing animal byproducts. And in the event you do specifically go out of your way to purchase items which do not contain animal byproducts do some investigation. The major corps you hate so much probably either own the company manufacturing the "animal free" product or have a major interest in it. Okay... haha.. off the soap box.

Last edited by mtnyeti12; 03-26-2006 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #47
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I hate to lucubrate on a topic that I feel is doggerel to some, but here are some serious points to consider:

1) Are you opposed to the killing of animals by other animals? Then with that said, you shouldn't watch National Geographic. Animals kill other animals to survive. Some for mating purposes, but most do it for food.
2) What are you trying to save? The eco-system? So if you can, you'd save all the rodents from be preyed on by birds?

Humans don't need meat for survival? This is inherently untrue although it is possible to survive off of a vegan diet. However, we evolved as carnivores. Leopards can eat veggies too, although they survive primarily off of pure flesh. So if you saw a leopard ensnaring and killing an antelope, you'd cringe? Cringe the same way you would if a cow is slain at the butchery?

Nature is brutal. Accept it. Today, some cheetah's cub was killed by a hyena while the mother was out hunting. The hyena won't be punished, and shouldn't be. The National Geographic filmers don't even interfere with the process, no matter how cute the cub is. Sad? No. Not to me.
      03-26-2006, 03:08 AM   #48
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
someone on here will educated themselves about the cons of a high animal fat/protein diet.
Well liberal numbskull, this diet works for tigers and lions. And I bench 330 with that diet. Try that with celery. .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #49
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

If I let all the animals loose here, the following would happen.

The rabbits would be eaten by a predator within 48 hours. The horses would graze and then maybe get taken down by wild dogs when they are old and weak. The dogs would run in a pack and eat other animals. Like my cats, except they are so wily they would survive on mice, grass and other small critters.

Your country is the fattest in the world not because of meat, but because of science, laziness, entitlement, affluence and overindulgence.

Let's enjoy this thread folks, notice how it is stll more civil than AWD vs. RWD

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 07:37 AM   #50
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

So, I guess if I were fanatical anti-abortion/pro-life, I could change my avatar to one of those posters that have been shoved in my face when innocently walking past the State House in Boston? I already know what happens, I don't need pictures of it. I had my (then) 9 year old daughter with me at the time. I fealt like beating the losers ass into something that resembled the pic.

There's nots of nasty things that I don't care to see. I wonder if cdheaven also carries around a picture of his/her favorite turd, or maybe a vomit that was particularly self thought provoking.

I've read some decent car related responses from cdheaven, but all his current avatar would do is question if he/she belongs on my empty ignore list. Immediately after he/she changed it to the pig, he opened a thread asking for help, then when others asked what the pic represented, the response was that "I won't tell you until you answer my question". My guess was to lend to the dramatics. Cdheaven did eventually mention what it was, after the question was answered, but nobody cared.

Now, since nobody has made a stink, here comes this thread, days later. Obviously, this was his/her way of waving that sign in peoples faces. Making a point is one thing.. being an idiot about it is another.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #51
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
Let's enjoy this thread folks, notice how it is stll more civil than AWD vs. RWD

HAHA!! Too true.. and of course everyone knows AWD is much better.
      03-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #52
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

I cooked half a pound of bacon this morning. When the grease explodes in the pan and hits my eye, is that the pig getting back at me?

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #53
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
finally, when i say uneducated, its not because you guys share a different point of view. and as a matter of fact, im sure 9 out of 10 people on this board have more education then i do, went to school long, got better grades, etc. what im reffereing to is.
post number
show me on those posts where someone makes a valid point or an intelligent reply to what im saying.

You need to get laid and pick another battle. Most people in here dont care about your point of view on meat. Find another tree to go bark up at...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #54
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
I cooked half a pound of bacon this morning. When the grease explodes in the pan and hits my eye, is that the pig getting back at me?

Tip of the day: Always wear a shirt when operating a frying pan.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #55
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom

Tip of the day: Always wear a shirt when operating a frying pan.

Thank you, my nipples are always covered, it's the safety goggles I was missing

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #56
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

A person can be highly educated and still ignorant. However I personally don't feel that, in general, the comments posted in this thread are ignorant, they may be sarcastic and they may be inflamatory - but to imply they do not know what eating an animal is all about is totally incorrect.

More food for thought...

Few studies document the losses of rabbits, mice, pheasants, snakes and other field animals in planting and harvesting crops. Said one researcher: "Because most of these animals have been seen as expendable, or not seen at all, few scientific studies have been done measuring agriculture's effects on their populations."

Davis has found evidence that suggests that the unseen losses of field animals are very high. One study documented that a single operation, mowing alfalfa, caused a 50 percent reduction in the gray-tailed vole population. Mortality rates increase with every pass of the tractor to plow, plant, and harvest. Additions of herbicides and pesticides cause additional harm to animals of the field.
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/newsarch/2002/Mar02/vegan.htm

So don't assume your diet is bloodless, unless you go out and hand pick your own veggies/grain/granola/whatever.

Failure to accept other's points of view is simply immature. I accept a vegan/vegetarians right to eat however they want, the same with people who eat a meat based diet.

For me personally , I am happy to put my Canine and Incisors to use frequently - thats why God/Darwin put them there.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #57
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

... and yes I have participated in this thread
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #58
LeftCoastBias
like a fresh pair of socks.
Rep
Drives: 2019 RRS Autobiography

Garage List
2008 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2002 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenianz
Cdheaven, I find that you can't really bring up vegetarianism without it turning into a huge debate, like religion or politics.
I know where you're coming from. Don't take any of the ignorant comments here seriously.
This thread just reminds me of why this country is the fattest in the world
most countries eat meat still, they just dont eat as much mcdonalds and other shit as the US.

oh, and to the thread starter- this thread wasn't worthy of any intelligent responses.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #59
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19

... and yes I have participated in this thread

HAHA!! That actually brought tears to my eye's!! Whew…. well I think that pretty much sums up the thread. This argument is decades old and will continue as long as people have choices (and if I have anything to do with it - people will always have choices). I don't mind someone being a vegan, conspiracy theorist or whatever just as long as they don't push their ideologies on others in a distasteful and harmful manner and I think all will agree here - the avatar cdheaven is using is borderline distasteful.
      03-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #60
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
Well liberal numbskull, this diet works for tigers and lions. And I bench 330 with that diet. Try that with celery. .
Thats 3 plates a side and a 45 lb bar that is 315 lb after that your putting 7.5lbs each side ..... nice Heman! next time stick to 335 its more believable!

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #61
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheneer
Thats 3 plates a side and a 45 lb bar that is 315 lb after that your putting 7.5lbs each side ..... nice Heman! next time stick to 335 its more believable!

Hey moron. Thats 3 plates on each side, a 5 pounder and a 2.5 pounder. Ever been to a gym numbnuts? I am trying to get 335 but I can't yet. I havent gotten past 330 and I've been lifting for 7 years. And if you think that makes me "he-man" you really havent been to a so-cal gym. There are women in my gym that bench more than me (with the help of chemicals of course )
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #62
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
Hey moron. Thats 3 plates on each side, a 5 pounder and a 2.5 pounder. Ever been to a gym numbnuts? I am trying to get 335 but I can't yet. I havent gotten past 330 and I've been lifting for 7 years. And if you think that makes me "he-man" you really havent been to a so-cal gym. There are women in my gym that bench more than me (with the help of chemicals of course )
Do the ligaments over your elbows hurt after you press? If so don’t do this you will have other issues. French deads of the end of a flat bench with your elbows tied with a band chest width apart. Do nose crunches till you fatigue out with 70% of your max. Wait for more than a full cycle till you get to chest again. Guaranteed 10lbs on your max twice.

Calm down tiny you can use that energy for the 2.5 Lbs

Moron = Spartan 97-01

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #63
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Hey, you two he-men - I was just curious what body-building diets you guys carried out back during the gym days.

I tried the low carb/high-prot/meat diet back in college and it was insane. I gave it up. A dozen eggs a day? Damn, I couldn't take it after a while.
      03-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #64
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

This whole carb (carburetor?) revolution is a bunch of . I laugh to myself when I hear guys talking about their "low-carb" diet down at the gym. As if they have any idea what they're talking about

If you want to gain weight, just eat a banana split or make a banana and vanilla milk shake every night right before you go to bed. And basically eat anything you want during the day.

Make it a good mix of meat (hamburgers, tacos, cheese steaks), fruit (banana, strawberry, oranges--ask shim about this , etc), vegetables (get a bag of those small carrot sticks and go ape sh!t, etc), grain (bread and pasta), dairy--you know, the food pyramid.

There is so much emphasis on carbohydrates no a days, like they are the secret to weight loss. Oh brother. What about calories, fat, protein, sugars, and salts? Oh let's just forget about all that because "carbs is the way of the future".

Basically, eat what ever you want, when ever you want, as long as it's a good variety. And don't stop exercising. I jog 10 miles a week, with an average incline of 5 (on the machine) at about 6.5-7.0 miles per hour. I eat like a pig and I'm in the best shape of my life!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #65
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
This whole carb (carburetor?) revolution is a bunch of . I laugh to myself when I hear guys talking about their "low-carb" diet down at the gym. As if they have any idea what they're talking about

If you want to gain weight, just eat a banana split or make a banana and vanilla milk shake every night right before you go to bed. And basically eat anything you want during the day.

Make it a good mix of meat (hamburgers, tacos, cheese steaks), fruit (banana, strawberry, oranges--ask shim about this , etc), vegetables (get a bag of those small carrot sticks and go ape sh!t, etc), grain (bread and pasta), dairy--you know, the food pyramid.

There is so much emphasis on carbohydrates no a days, like they are the secret to weight loss. Oh brother. What about calories, fat, protein, sugars, and salts? Oh let's just forget about all that because "carbs is the way of the future".

Basically, eat what ever you want, when ever you want, as long as it's a good variety. And don't stop exercising. I jog 10 miles a week, with an average incline of 5 (on the machine) at about 6.5-7.0 miles per hour. I eat like a pig and I'm in the best shape of my life!
You needs carbs in your diet, they feed your brain! I especially like hearing those gripers who go..."but exercise didn't work for me!"

I don't exercise though, and I eat what I want. I'm in the worst shape of my life!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #66
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheneer
Do the ligaments over your elbows hurt after you press? If so don’t do this you will have other issues. French deads of the end of a flat bench with your elbows tied with a band chest width apart. Do nose crunches till you fatigue out with 70% of your max. Wait for more than a full cycle till you get to chest again. Guaranteed 10lbs on your max twice.

Calm down tiny you can use that energy for the 2.5 Lbs

Moron = Spartan 97-01

thanks dude. Implying I was lying before is not cool, hence the rage. I will try what you said, hope it works!
Appreciate 0