E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C6 Corvette vs 335i

Closed Thread

02-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #155
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshb View Post
can i come? im usually about an hour and a half east of munich in burghausen. ill pay for lunch...
Seriously? I always thought you were in L.A.

What if Robin Hood tries to girl slap me? Would that ruin the meeting?

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #156
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post

LOL

Newsong I sent you a pm
Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #157
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

ED is stupid when you're limited to 100 mph during run-in. Especialy with an M as it has a 2 stage run-in. I'm at 1400 miles and still can only go 137 mph by the run-in limits. 137 feels quite good and it's trying to take off at that point! I'll have the rest of the run-in accomplished before I depart here in June.
      02-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #158
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:

haha unfortunately i am global, but ive been trying to slow down. you have no idea how massively impressive it is to see a Z06 in bavaria. its the equivalent of seeing the uss missouri in tokyo bay. fucking awesome. and bavaria is super quiet, so you can hear one easily a mile away.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #159
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
haha unfortunately i am global, but ive been trying to slow down. you have no idea how massively impressive it is to see a Z06 in bavaria. its the equivalent of seeing the uss missouri in tokyo bay. fucking awesome. and bavaria is super quiet, so you can hear one easily a mile away.
http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgur...%3Dnl%26sa%3DN
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #160
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Yeah I had a friend who said that in Germany, the Z06 is held in really high esteem (not surprising). It's only here in America that people talk shit about it, mostly people who don't know what its capable of.

I also hear Mustang GTs are popular there too, not sure if that's true.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #161
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I had a friend who said that in Germany, the Z06 is held in really high esteem (not surprising). It's only here in America that people talk shit about it, mostly people who don't know what its capable of.

You are right, I think the Z06 and the new Mustang are(getting) popular here in W Europe after decades of Corvette bashing

It's not as if C6/Z06s don't exist where I live:

A C6 parked at the parking lot of our football(you call it soccer) stadium in my hometown:

The Z06 of a friend of mine:
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #162
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:

Typically the American cars running around here have American drivers. There's quite a lot of Americans here, and they bring all kinds of cars here. If they're smart, they'll leave them here too.

There are a handful of vettes on my base. Not a very practical car for Germany considering the weather and winter tire rules. I see people driving them all winter long. Stupid is as stupid does...
      02-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #163
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Typically the American cars running around here have American drivers. There's quite a lot of Americans here, and they bring all kinds of cars here. If they're smart, they'll leave them here too.

There are a handful of vettes on my base. Not a very practical car for Germany considering the weather and winter tire rules. I see people driving them all winter long. Stupid is as stupid does...
Yeah the Z06 is not a car I'd want to be rolling around in the snow with...

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #164
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
MVF4Rrider
BTW, leaf springs in F1. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ever heard of a wishbone suspension with T bars, dampers, and coil springs? My god! Go back to entry-level land...please and thank you.

I think what he's referring to is that the:
"carbon fiber suspension arms are directly mounted to the tub via titanium fixtures: there are no Heim joints, the suspension movement being accomplished by flexure."

VERY similar to a leaf spring.
The quote was taken from Car and Driver, March 2009 written by Mark Gillies who drove a Honda F1 car in that issue.
Indeed, the technology is very similar in concept and implementation. If one were to take a look back at earlier F1 cars, my statement would make even more sense.

It's difficult to argue against the use of leaf springs when properly designed. I've yet to see anyone actually make a logical attack on the engineering of the suspension of the Vette.

The FD RX7 is another example of a car with phenomenal handling using leaf springs. I don't think ANYONE on here will try to argue that there is any car made by BMW that can match the handling and road manners of that vehicle.

At any rate, I put that prick on ignore anyways. I really have no interest in listening to someone who thinks that their $40k M Car gives them the authority to talk down to others. Unfortunately, it's guys like him that give BMW and BMW forums a bad rep.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #165
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

havent seen a mustang, just mostly trans ams and newer corvettes. and youre right, i dont give a rats ass about domestics here. but when working elsewhere around the world where 90% of cars have engines no bigger than 1.6L, seeing a Z06 is like omgwtf. might be different in UK since the muscle car scene there is decent.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #166
E92AXM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lol this is too funny .
Newsong @ robin hood. Once upon this thread = HATE.
Now ... Taking each other to lunch. Meeting from 40000 miles away just to see each other .

Sallys....

J.k
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #167
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

What? Robin Hood is my friend, I've known the guy since we were young.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #168
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Indeed, the technology is very similar in concept and implementation. If one were to take a look back at earlier F1 cars, my statement would make even more sense.

You guys are completely clueless.

http://www.constructorsf1.com/module...rticle&sid=479

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf_spring

My comments had and have nothing to do with BMW, nor my BMW, so quit projecting your "holier than thou BMW owner" BS unto me. You're just projecting your own generalizations because you showed yourself to be completely ignorant, and picked a fight out of thin air because your comprehension skills are underdeveloped. Go away...
      02-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #169
Pirate
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
It's a capable car...the motor has great grunt.... easily a jack of all trades...

Now back to the stupid vette vs. 335i debate...
Thanks for the compliments to the 135i!

Last edited by Pirate; 02-11-2009 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread