E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tough times, education, jobs and the economy

06-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

Tough times, education, jobs and the economy

I currently have 41 credits, I go to Penn State. Between the schools I have bounced around from prior I have about $20,000 in school loans (dorms cost too much). I am going to school for RPTM (recreational parks/tourism management) and I am in the Army. I have tried to calculate what I will owe after graduation taking into account the Pell Grant amount I am usually awarded, tuition assistance from the Army etc and it is looking like I will owe around $50-60,000 when I get my BS. I was told that if I do not PLAN to go to grad schoo, it is important where I get my undergrad (at a good school) and that if I end up going back to school on my employers dime (providing I find a damn job) I will look even better with a solid undergrad school when applying for grad (if I do). Am I in over my head? For some reason I feel like I am in a really bad spot even though I am literally getting my tuition cut in HALF by grants and Army education benefits. Is this economy predicted (realistic prediction) to have made a significant turn around in 3 years or so when I am in the job market because it sure does suck ASS now. Any advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated.
gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

go talk to your school advisers they helped me with any questions i had and after all your tuition is paying there salaries
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I don't understand. This is literally the third or fourth time you've created a new thread about this topic.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I don't understand. This is literally the third or fourth time you've created a new thread about this topic.
+1. I don't want to be a jerk, but yeah. There are forums out there for college students that talk about campuses through out U.S. Perhaps you should post there since I'm sure there are people who can relate to you.
Appreciate 0