E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What to do in Barcelona?

06-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

What to do in Barcelona?

hey guys im heading to europe this week. im stopping by Amsterdam for a few days and spending the rest of my time in Barcelona (4 days). my buddy is then gonna fly to italy for a week but i cant get that time off. ive been to Amsterdam before so thats gonna be a blast, but any suggestions are welcome (all i remember last time was that place called "wok-to-go" was like an effing orgy in my mouth after some...ahem...coffee breaks) ive never been to Spain before and were staying all 4 days in Barcelona. so any suggestions? any recomendations would be awesome (cheap good eats, nightlife, near-by towns, beaches...ect.) thx.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Make sure you check out Homegrown fantasy (google it for location) very close to Dam square. Top quality stuff there (not commercial at all) and some great cakes too.

Would also recommend this ice cream joint in that commercial shopping walk near dam square (the one with the McDonald's, C&A and bunch of mainstream shops). This road is pedestrian only. Anyway, the best ice cream in the world is available at this tiny little place. It only opens in the evening and easiest way to find it is to look out for people lining up.

Best Doner Kebabs is at Semmy's - right next door to Golden Tulip Hotel.

As for Barcelona:

Went there 5 years ago and stayed near the La Ramla. Great outdoor bars. Watch out for the people who try pass off shit on you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Take along lots of Condoms and Euros.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Barcelona has some good nightlife. A lot of the clubs are open till 5am and pull quite the crowd. As for sight seeing I would reccomend Park Guell (sp?) It is pretty popular and everyone should know what you are talking about if you ask.

The beach is pretty sweet and Port Olympic has some great waterside dining and some good bars (all in a short distance, most of them by where the boats are docked, don't know the name off the top of my head)

The markets there are nice too. If you can go to a churrascaria (not actually called that in Spain though, but should give you an idea) that would be good too, first time I ever had Fox.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Barcelona has some good nightlife. A lot of the clubs are open till 5am and pull quite the crowd. As for sight seeing I would reccomend Park Guell (sp?) It is pretty popular and everyone should know what you are talking about if you ask.
Yeah, Park Güell is very cool! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Guell
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

dammit, i was supposed to go to barcelona and ibiza in august too...
      06-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Take along lots of Condoms and Euros.
check and check.

thanks for all the suggestions. ill def look into these places. the thing was, i didnt know the trip was going to happen until a week ago. so i havent done my research yet. but so far i made some changes to the trip and now, ill be in amsterdam for a night, then to barcelona for 4 days, then to ibiza for 3.

i got resos for bottle service at La Pacha on thurs night for david guetta's "f*** me im famous" party. super excited about that!!! from what i hear la pacha is the sh*t there. my hotel is right on the beach and right across the street is Space...too bad new laws killed the afterhours club. cant wait and i hope nothing shady happens!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Go meet Pau Gasol and family.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
go to a soccer match at camp nou, if it's soccer season.
      06-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

[QUOTE=BiggieJ;5329655]after some...ahem...coffee breaks) [QUOTE]

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
go to a soccer match at camp nou, if it's soccer season.
Not the season now. But you could try to ball it up with Messi, Puyol and Alves LOL

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
ChrisTKHarris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46

I just got back from Barcelona.

Go check out the Gaudi house, it's a sight.
For the night life check out Puerto Olympico, it's a row of bars and clubs. It's definitely for the younger crowd, but it's pretty fun.
Las Ramblas has a lot of street people and discotecas.
Parque Guell is another Gaudi inspired park.
Pepperments is a place that has a 100 Euro 13 liter Sangria drink.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

oh don't forget to visit the TOPLESS beaches.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #13
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post

For the night life check out Puerto Olympico, it's a row of bars and clubs. It's definitely for the younger crowd, but it's pretty fun.
quick question - so are the pickpoketers that bad in barcelona as opposed to any other major european city? i just keep hearing these horror stories about shady stuff going on there.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #14
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ View Post
quick question - so are the pickpoketers that bad in barcelona as opposed to any other major european city? i just keep hearing these horror stories about shady stuff going on there.
Whenever I travel abroad - Easy solution: Dont keep anything in your back pockets. And in crowded areas just keep your hands in your front pockets.

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #15
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Can't tell you a thing about Barcelona, however, if you need any help with the 'Dam, let me know.

The place you're talking about is actually called "Wok-to-Wok." which as you mentioned, is orgasmic.
(also, if you give them a tip while they're making your food, they usually throw in extra )

EDIT: Here are some shops I'll suggest:

Tourist Traps (but still good):
420 Cafe (Limited selection, but they usually have one or two REALLY strong strains. I highly suggest the Neville's Haze.)
Route 99
Old Amsterdam (Spent quite a while in this one, the owner is incredibly friendly.)
Amnesia (almost feels like a coffee shop mixed with a night-club)
Grey Area (HUGE tourist trap, prices are high, very cramped, but none of that matters because the stuff there is great. Some of the best stuff I've ever gotten in the 'Dam has come from here. This place is best to buy stuff, then take it somewhere else to smoke.)

Local Places:
Home Grown Fantasy
Mellow Yellow (VERY good quality product, and only a 5 minute walk from the Heineken experience.)
Aribica Lounge (This place is semi-local, the stuff isn't that great, but the view out the front window as people go buy is perfect.)
The Rokerij (They have multiple shops, the one near Rembrant Square is normally more local-oriented.)

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

Echo, echo, echo, echo...

Haha. Good, good. Hard to miss port olypico, it is a pretty hot spot most of the time.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #17
ChrisTKHarris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ View Post
Supposedly it's bad. I just put my wallet in my front pocket. I had my iPhone and my camera as well. Just don't let any gypsies rub up on you and you'll be fine. When ever they come up to you just say "Don't tempt me gypsy" in a Borat voice.

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
Can't tell you a thing about Barcelona, however, if you need any help with the 'Dam, let me know.

The place you're talking about is actually called "Wok-to-Wok." which as you mentioned, is orgasmic.
(also, if you give them a tip while they're making your food, they usually throw in extra )

EDIT: Here are some shops I'll suggest:

Tourist Traps (but still good):
420 Cafe (Limited selection, but they usually have one or two REALLY strong strains. I highly suggest the Neville's Haze.)
Route 99
Old Amsterdam (Spent quite a while in this one, the owner is incredibly friendly.)
Amnesia (almost feels like a coffee shop mixed with a night-club)
Grey Area (HUGE tourist trap, prices are high, very cramped, but none of that matters because the stuff there is great. Some of the best stuff I've ever gotten in the 'Dam has come from here. This place is best to buy stuff, then take it somewhere else to smoke.)

Local Places:
Home Grown Fantasy
Mellow Yellow (VERY good quality product, and only a 5 minute walk from the Heineken experience.)
Aribica Lounge (This place is semi-local, the stuff isn't that great, but the view out the front window as people go buy is perfect.)
The Rokerij (They have multiple shops, the one near Rembrant Square is normally more local-oriented.)
actually ive been here before and supposedly its the only american owned coffee shop? but yeah the place is efffing tiny but the "coffee" is awesome from what i can remember. haha. well im off to the airport. wish me luck and ill post some pics when i get back from the *ahem* beaches
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #19
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Supposedly it's bad. I just put my wallet in my front pocket. I had my iPhone and my camera as well. Just don't let any gypsies rub up on you and you'll be fine. When ever they come up to you just say "Don't tempt me gypsy" in a Borat voice.
barcelona doesn't have gypsies. they have beggars dressed in goth.