E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?

11-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #155
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Lol I knw. This is for the kid in school not you KwlAznkid. If you r gonna be accountant then yep, starting with 60 hour workweek sounds right. I worked in EY for two years after getting out of school. The only way to get out and get a decent job is by working at least 2 or 5 years. Be a senior or manager. I ended up getting this laid back job at a law/accounting firm after I got EY on my resume. Here I would say I work about 1000-1200 hours a year compared to EY's 2600-3200. Good luck man. Lol.

damn you are lucky, i used to be in accounting, not for a nice firm like EY but for a smaller company, i hated it, worked me to the bone and paid me near nothing. decided to move onto finance lol,

btw pics of your red m3, red m3s make my knees weak
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #156
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

are you guys CPA or corporate accounting?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #157
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
damn you are lucky, i used to be in accounting, not for a nice firm like EY but for a smaller company, i hated it, worked me to the bone and paid me near nothing. decided to move onto finance lol,

btw pics of your red m3, red m3s make my knees weak
Yea man. These big companies r all fame frm outside but they work u like dogs. Pay wasn't bad. But very underpaid comparing to what i get paid now. Finance is awesome too but I just love taxes. Sometimes they get boring but otherwise keeps my work interesting. Thanks for compliments on the car man! Its my baby!! haha
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #158
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I am a cpa with masters in tax bro. And now I do corporate taxes in an accounting/law firm for other corporations.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #159
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:

I'm not a cpa i was just a lowly accoutant
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #160
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Dude. cpa's and accountant do the same work bro. cpa is just a title. i do the same work when I wasn't a cpa at my first year in Ey and now in my third year at a different company. just gotta pass those bitch exams. all cpa does is lil boost in income. nothing knowledge wise.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #161
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Sounds interesting all you business and law people. Any engineers on here? Unfortunately I have no windows where i work but i've been kept busy.

Didn't realize you wanted the new M6, sounds like a solid plan, I have always liked the M6 but to be honest, when i'm ready to, i'm going to get a z07 (z06 with full carbon performance package). They are fkuckdkdjin amazing cars!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #162
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am a cpa with masters in tax bro. And now I do corporate taxes in an accounting/law firm for other corporations.
Sounds like fun. Maybe I should go back and finish up my schooling. lol

Quote:
Ha! You suck!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #163
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Sounds interesting all you business and law people. Any engineers on here? Unfortunately I have no windows where i work but i've been kept busy.

Didn't realize you wanted the new M6, sounds like a solid plan, I have always liked the M6 but to be honest, when i'm ready to, i'm going to get a z07 (z06 with full carbon performance package). They are fkuckdkdjin amazing cars!!!
Vette is always a beast bro. Dad has a 09 viper. American muscle is always insane. I liked the old m6 but I like the new one because of sharper looks and updated tech with much nicer interior. Power is there too. haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #164
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like fun. Maybe I should go back and finish up my schooling. lol

Ha! You suck!
Lol. For Kwlkid - many directors in EY were not CPA yet they are making $350k/year. Don't have to be a cpa to get where you want to be. Just need the experience and drive to become something. cpa just looks better on resume. lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #165
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Vette is always a beast bro. Dad has a 09 viper. American muscle is always insane. I liked the old m6 but I like the new one because of sharper looks and updated tech with much nicer interior. Power is there too. haha.
Hell yes!!!! American muscle is where it's at. My dad built himself a road race 67 camaro. Big Block 465, nascar roll cage, custom everything, he even designed all the suspension work, headers and exhaust himself. I guess that's where my inspiration comes from.

I saw the new viper when the unveiled it at the NY auto show, they are damnnnnnnn sexy and sound awesome. Interior is beautiful also. Thats a first for vipers lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #166
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Alright guys. Out to lunch soon. A lil long one. I m hungry already. Inn out and then starbucks today!! Damm I m gonna have to burn that shit off tonight! Lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #167
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol. For Kwlkid - many directors in EY were not CPA yet they are making $350k/year. Don't have to be a cpa to get where you want to be. Just need the experience and drive to become something. cpa just looks better on resume. lol.
Agreed, not that i'd ever get into finance/accounting. But even in my current field I am so much further up on people that have been here for years. And its simply because I know my shit, and I have the drive to succeed. I'm not happy being stuck in the same position, I get bored so I expand my knowledge and move on/up. but with that comes all these old farts hating the "young punk kid" that's showing them up at everything they do.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #168
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Hell yes!!!! American muscle is where it's at. My dad built himself a road race 67 camaro. Big Block 465, nascar roll cage, custom everything, he even designed all the suspension work, headers and exhaust himself. I guess that's where my inspiration comes from.

I saw the new viper when the unveiled it at the NY auto show, they are damnnnnnnn sexy and sound awesome. Interior is beautiful also. Thats a first for vipers lol.
Nice man!! I love 67-69 camaro's! Don't knw too much technical about them but when I played football in high school, my friend had 69 ss. Beautiful machine!

Ok for the new viper. OMG!! It is just pure sex. First time ever for the nice interior for sure!! It feels like you are riding in a bullock cart when inside my dad's viper. My dad loves muscle but he is leaning towards r8 for the weekend car. I WANT him to get the NEW VIPER!! lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #169
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, not that i'd ever get into finance/accounting. But even in my current field I am so much further up on people that have been here for years. And its simply because I know my shit, and I have the drive to succeed. I'm not happy being stuck in the same position, I get bored so I expand my knowledge and move on/up. but with that comes all these old farts hating the "young punk kid" that's showing them up at everything they do.
Hate those old guys. I don't deal with them often but we have quite a bit new clients coming from other cpa's. Most cases those guys r old or alteast over 45. they don wanna give me any client information and are very rude. Oh well. It's time for our generation now!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #170
baxter3221
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Another CPA checking in at work. I'm also at one of the Big 4 accounting firms, though I transferred from audit to financial due diligence forM&A which is much more interesting. Those of you who transferred into private, how are you liking it?

Supercharged 2008 E92 M - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #171
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter3221 View Post
Another CPA checking in at work. I'm also at one of the Big 4 accounting firms, though I transferred from audit to financial due diligence forM&A which is much more interesting. Those of you who transferred into private, how are you liking it?
Audit sucks!! Haha. M&A should be much more interesting. Proly the same hours though. I thought I worked a lot in tax but when I found about out audit people!! Wheww!! They r like slaves. Lol. I am still in public but love it wayy more than big 4. 10-5 job. Only busy time is Feb-April, then Aug-Oct. That too, it's only like full 8 hours of work. 9-6. Never stayed over 6 in the past year I have been working here. Worked one sat. Beat that EY!! Haha
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #172
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

geesh, what's up with everyone in the financial fields. I'm starting to feel left out...I need some more geeks in here!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #173
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
geesh, what's up with everyone in the financial fields. I'm starting to feel left out...I need some more geeks in here!
Lol. Out for now. Check u guys later!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #174
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Out for now. Check u guys later!
Take care bro.

I don't know if i'm a geek but i'm an engineer lol. Haven't seen any other engineers in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #175
baxter3221
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Audit sucks!! Haha. M&A should be much more interesting. Proly the same hours though. I thought I worked a lot in tax but when I found about out audit people!! Wheww!! They r like slaves. Lol. I am still in public but love it wayy more than big 4. 10-5 job. Only busy time is Feb-April, then Aug-Oct. That too, it's only like full 8 hours of work. 9-6. Never stayed over 6 in the past year I have been working here. Worked one sat. Beat that EY!! Haha
Audit hours for most people are terrible. I actually didn't work long hours while I was in audit, it was just god awful boring. I couldn't find motivation to do things when all your work is just double checking what someone else did and then it gets filed in a basement and no one ever sees it again. Just feels pointless.

In M&A the hours are much longer (I worked until 9:30pm last night which isn't even terrible, I've done 4am on back to back to back days before), but at least you feel like you're accomplishing something. Clients rely on your analysis to determine whether or not to acquire a company or how much to pay for the company. Plus the work is a lot more challenging and it's rewarding to see things you put together end up in a final report that gets issued.

Plus the money is better

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #176
baxter3221
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Take care bro.

I don't know if i'm a geek but i'm an engineer lol. Haven't seen any other engineers in this thread.
You're in a thread full of CPA's and you're worried about being the geek?

Appreciate 0