E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > RIP Paul Walker

12-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #155
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Jesus, that's just so wrong
wow - she got absolutely torched in the comments.
      12-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #156
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
wow - she got absolutely torched in the comments.
Deservedly so IMO. Even if you are not a fan of his movies, racing, or an auto enthusiast, you have to respect how humble and charitable a man he was. Complete lack of class on her part, no two ways about it!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #157
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

http://news.yahoo.com/autopsy-actor-...181241138.html
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #158
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
A pathetic attempt by someone trying to catapult her career by writing something controversial. I doubt she is sincere about any of it.

Before this, had you ever heard of 'Adora Bull'??? Me neither.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #159
Kracken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 135i DCT M Sport

Autopsy basically says impact alone killed driver but both impact and fire killed Walker meaning paul was still alive before the car went up in flames. I just hope he was unconscience so he didnt have to suffer...
The walker family should bring a wrongful death civil suit against the Rodas estate. After all, Rodas was the one hauling ass and being reckless with another soul in the car.
sad, RIP to them both
      12-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #160
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Autopsy basically says impact alone killed driver but both impact and fire killed Walker meaning paul was still alive before the car went up in flames. I just hope he was unconscience so he didnt have to suffer...
The walker family should bring a wrongful death civil suit against the Rodas estate. After all, Rodas was the one hauling ass and being reckless with another soul in the car.
sad, RIP to them both
If it goes to litigation, it's going to really become a fiasco. with subpoenas in circulation like holiday cards to AE staff, previous owners of that CGT, current owners of a CGT, people who have driven a CGT, mechanics, witnesses of the"crash scene", City of Santa Clarita - possibly Porsche. the list goes on......
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #161
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
sad, RIP to them both
I loathe how litigious our society has become. The walker family is not exactly strapped for cash and he seemed to be a willing participant in the activity that unfortunately took his life. Both families have paid the ultimate price so I don't see how a lawsuit will make the situation any easier for either party.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #162
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I loathe how litigious our society has become. The walker family is not exactly strapped for cash and he seemed to be a willing participant in the activity that unfortunately took his life. Both families have paid the ultimate price so I don't see how a lawsuit will make the situation any easier for either party.
I agree. Even though I am deeply saddened by the recent events and have close friends who were close with Paul and his family, the facts are that it was an accident, regardless of speed/reckless driving or whatnot. I definitely do not think that Rodas can be blamed - the two were close friends and business associates... it could have just as easily been Paul driving...
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by SaMaster14; 12-04-2013 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #163
car_fan
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
You raise a key point. This situation has gone far beyond an unfortunate car accident wherein 2 individuals were killed. Due to Paul's popularity and Roger's association with him, this story has now become a media frenzy.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #164
EvenSteven
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
A pathetic attempt by someone trying to catapult her career by writing something controversial. I doubt she is sincere about any of it.

Before this, had you ever heard of 'Adora Bull'??? Me neither.
She is now apparently in police custody on suicide watch due to the influx of hate and death threats. This turned out pretty hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #165
Kracken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 135i DCT M Sport

Quote:
Good point. It will be interesting to see if any lawsuits do come out of this..
      12-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #166
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
sad, RIP to them both
If we were talking about mere mortals I would agree, but like KingofJericho alluded to money isn't an issue for the Walker family. Walker's net worth is well in excess of $50M.

Adding more money to a boatload of money isn't going to change the Walker family's quality of living, but a lawsuit will foster bad blood between the Walker and Rodas families which is just counterproductive at this point, IMO. Walker's estate is more than sufficient to give his family and their descendants an upper class lifestyle into the foreseeable future, and hell let's be honest I'm fairly certain that money is the last thing on their minds right now. They'd gladly give up that multimillion dollar estate if it meant getting Paul back.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #167
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
She is now apparently in police custody on suicide watch due to the influx of hate and death threats. This turned out pretty hilarious.
Source? That's pretty hilarious if true.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #168
EvenSteven
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Source? That's pretty hilarious if true.
http://modernwomandigest.com/adora-bull-suicide-death-threats-paul-walker/

This chick's "writer" bio is pretty silly too, her only qualification(??) is having been part of "Goths for Jesus".
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #169
car_fan
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Interesting Comments from a CGT Owner

QUOTE: "OK, I'm a Carrera GT owner with dozens of track events @ Putnam Park and Mid-Ohio in this car. I have many thousands of laps of experience at Mid-Ohio in Porsches and BMWs of all sorts. I completely understand the "difficult to master" reputation the CGT gets. I've spun it at both tracks with (fortunately) no ill effects. I made two changes to the as-delivered setup that calmed it way down for me.

1) I moved the rear anti-roll bar setting from "medium" to "soft" by changing the drop link position from the middle hole of the 3 available to the hole at the tip of the rear bar. This reduced the tendency to oversteer in my hands by a significant amount. By exactly how much? I was able to improve my track times by 4 to 5 seconds per lap with only this adjustment, nothing else.

In my non-expert opinion, the CGT seems to have been "optimized" for track quickness in the hands of drivers who don't mind running pretty high rear slip angles. If one observes typical side-force vs. slip-angle curves for modern tires, running a significant rear slip angle might help eek out a higher side force while right at the edge. For a driver used to the rear slip angle, it could be faster. For drivers used to driving 911s, that much greasy feeling at the rear starts alarm bells ringing and is not well tolerated. I didn't much like it. Maybe I'm a wus, but it's my experience in spirited driving that a touch of basic understeer leaves some "design margin" for use by the driver if something unexpected occurs.

I have no idea for what use the "tight" position of the rear bar was created. Drifting competitions?

2) I changed from the OEM Pilot Sport tires to Michelin Super Sports as soon as they were available in the USA. The OEM tires were quite temperature sensitive as street tires go. If they were not "up to temperature", they didn't have prodigious grip. After a few warm up laps at the track, they were pretty sticky when new. Driving to and from the track, they could be quite "interesting" if driven on cold roads.

Apparently, the special sizes of the CGT tires made them unprofitable to manufacture at regular intervals. After the initial production runs in 2004/2005, Michelin appeared not to make any more until 2008/2009 (judging by the sidewall markings). Every time I would buy "new" tires to replace those heat-cycled-at-the-track, they didn't seem to be any better than the degraded tires they replaced. Well, both sets were the same age and the "new" tires had been "pre-heat-cycled" by having been stored for years in a hot warehouse. The older they were, the less grippy they proved to be. "New" or not.

The Michelin Super Sport tire was a huge improvement. It is way less temperature sensitive and much better in the rain for transit legs to and from the track. They seem to be a few seconds faster at the track compared to freshly molded OEM tires. Recently, Porsche put them through their tire testing approval program and they are now available in "N0" certification. Some press accounts maintain that these tires alone have "transformed" the Carrera GT into an all time great handling car.

So, if a CGT hasn't had benefit of the rear bar adjustment and the fitting of Super Sport tires, it might deserve a more harsh description than most 600+ hp cars of its age. But, I love mine the way it is, now. One still must respect the power/weight ratio and its street-tire traction levels, but it is in no way dangerous to drive.

BTW, I had a brake-booster hydraulic pump failure occur in my car. It dribbled brake fluid onto the inside of the front carbon under trays, but it never reached the tires."

'05 Carrera GT - Signal Yellow
'08 Tesla Roadster - Thunder Gray
'11 GT3RS 4.0 - White 486/600
------------------------------

Last edited by car_fan; 12-04-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #170
CK335iMSport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
The fact we didn't hear about this kind of thing before shows he was not the kind of person that hyped himself up. And that story is a great eulogy by itself.
Agreed...seemed like a really good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
And can I ask you? How many of those 150,000 people, that died the same day as Paul Walker, made a similar societal impact whether it comes from movies, idolization, or relief from natural disasters.

The reason why we mourn when people like Paul Walker have passed is because they had such a large impact on our society, and have stimulated so many people to idolize him or dream because of him.

Millions of kids for example, dream of cars because of him (including me when I was younger).

Millions of Adults idolize him because of his passion towards cars, and the way he aided in natural disasters.

Your response just shows, how inconsiderate, immature and naive a person can be. If you don't have anything nice to say, you don't need to say it or say it in a educated and respectful manner.
Very well said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Idiot...

Quote:
She deserves what she gets...
2014 335i M Sport - Mineral Grey/Coral Red, Nav., Premium, HK, MPE, 8AT. Mods: Macht Schnell Spacers (12mm-front, 15mm-rear) with 403M's, Bilstein B8 Struts/H&R Sport Spring combo, M-Performance black kidney grilles, IND Distribution color-matched reflector inserts and key hole cover.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #171
CK335iMSport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Pretty cool vid put together by the Fast&Furious Crew...

May have to copy/paste into your browser:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152047047202631
2014 335i M Sport - Mineral Grey/Coral Red, Nav., Premium, HK, MPE, 8AT. Mods: Macht Schnell Spacers (12mm-front, 15mm-rear) with 403M's, Bilstein B8 Struts/H&R Sport Spring combo, M-Performance black kidney grilles, IND Distribution color-matched reflector inserts and key hole cover.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #172
///Macht
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 ZCP Mexico Blue M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Never followed Walker's career too closely, but I've watched the Fast and Furious series with friends, and enjoyed watching him and the whole crew on screen. What is especially gut wrenching about this tragedy is the fact that both Rodas and Walker knew how to handle their cars. We all make mistakes, even these guys, and unfortunately it cost them their lives. Stay safe out there, fellas.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #173
JButtonMCL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL What an idiot!

Tries to write something "provocative" to generate gossip and traffic to her site, but now shes scared about hate and death threats?

Well I hate to break it to you..you had it coming. And well deserved too! If you can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #174
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
I believe it is some conspiracy kill, something related to the illuminati stuff. The carrera gt is rear engine car, if the car hit the tree from the front, it is pretty hard for the car to catch the fire. There was also media posting his death article on Friday before the accident took place..
The fuel cell is located in front of the cabin.
Quote:
I agree.
Quote:
sad, RIP to them both
SMH
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #175
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
The police are saying that the car was going at least 90mph when it impacted the telephone pole. He may have been alive in a technical sense when the fire started, but there's no way his brain was functioning.
      12-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #176
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I haven't followed Paul's off screen life, but from what I'm seeing, he was a phenominal human being. He spent much of his time helping others in more ways than most people do.
Rest in peace Paul. You will be missed by many.

As a side: The entire car community should setup charity "drives" and shows for his charities that he was affiliated with.
Appreciate 0