E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dude.. dog is ripping me off..

06-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #45
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
She's a Coonhound mix. Most likely Black and Tan and Bluetick. We adopted her from the pound so we can only guess.
i only said boxer because they are four times more likely to get cancer than any breed of dog.

Good luck with your dog, I hope she makes out well.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
i only said boxer because they are four times more likely to get cancer than any breed of dog.

Good luck with your dog, I hope she makes out well.
Thanks. She's doing pretty well, but there's no such thing as a cure, so we're just buying time.

I didn't know that about boxers. I have a friend who has always wanted one, I'll be sure to pass that on to him.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #47
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Thanks. She's doing pretty well, but there's no such thing as a cure, so we're just buying time.

I didn't know that about boxers. I have a friend who has always wanted one, I'll be sure to pass that on to him.
yeah, boxers are not for everyone. as a puppy they can be extremely hyper and need a TON of exercise. If you don't have a fenced in yard then pass on boxers. they can be tough to train plus they have the cancer issue and can have bad heart problems but i still love the breed for their loyalty and their temperament.

I know that there is no cure as one of my best dogs died from lymphoma there is only a remission period that usually lasts for about a year then the cancer comes back much worse and the dog must be euthanized.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #48
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
yeah, boxers are not for everyone. as a puppy they can be extremely hyper and need a TON of exercise. If you don't have a fenced in yard then pass on boxers. they can be tough to train plus they have the cancer issue and can have bad heart problems but i still love the breed for their loyalty and their temperament.

I know that there is no cure as one of my best dogs died from lymphoma there is only a remission period that usually lasts for about a year then the cancer comes back much worse and the dog must be euthanized.
we had a 1 year remission and are doing a second round of chemo using a new protocol that was just approved in november. Total remission time should be a bit under 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #49
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

+1 My puppy set me back quite a bit with expenses that I was not expecting. But like everyone said, it's worth every penny
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #50
ettil
ugh
Rep
Drives: broken 328ix

Worth all the money and ADOPT!!

There are so many unwanted animals and the shelter/rescue system cannot handle them all. We're not talking a few hundred thousand but 3-5 MILLION (3,000,000 - 5,000,000) are euthanized EVERY YEAR. So many of these are perfectly adoptable, not problem animals.

Yes, shelters/rescues get puppies and yes they get purebred puppies. They also get young dogs and older dogs. Policies vary among organizations but a good breeder (of which there are too few) will also require the interviews & home visits.

If your heart is set on a particular breed, there are breed specific rescues for every breed out there. They will also get puppies (rarer but it does happen).

Please do not buy a dog or puppy from a pet store. Even better if you do not patronize those stores selling animals. You are supporting "backyard" breeders and puppy mills when you support those pet stores with your money.

Most important thing is to find a dog that you have a connection with. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right companion.

Back to topic - black dogs rule! Nothing like just the pink tongue staring out at you or the white teeth in the night. A cheap vet visit is $75. Back surgery starts at $3,000.

06-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #51
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
gorgeous dogs everyone. Here is a favorite pic of my dog. the one that is rippin' me a new one.
I took this pic right before he was asking for a cookie.
Attached Images

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #52
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

haha, I know it, I just bought a German Shepherd puppy purebred with champion parents, I thought the price of the dog was bad enough, I've already spent about $500 extra and more to go. So worth it though! Good luck!
Appreciate 0