E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > fawk!! >=[ gotta ticket!!

06-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
jrsbeamer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: below 1,500rpm

Exclamation fawk!! >=[ gotta ticket!!

i got a ticket last weekend and i wasnt gonna post but what the heck... maybe some advice would be good....

okay well it was friday night going to drop some girls off to head home from a party and i did a left turn on one of those streets that always has a lot of dust sitting on top(very slippery), no traffic so my traction was off and i did one of my cleanest drifts ever and as soon as i was done with the drift i saw the flashing lights
my turned into in one second!

well i got a ticket for exhibition of power

and i was thinkin of just going to court and pleading not guilty and explain to the judge how its one of those roads thats always dirty and what not everyone that lives in this side of town would agree and ill just say that my wheels just kicked up some dust or something like that.... but idk what do u guys think?

forgot to mention the police officer was young and wasnt a prick! first thing he said "that was really clean! would of been better if u would of got away with it"
and he wrote the damn ticket right away bfor i could even think straight and ask him to let me get off with a warning!
-thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

You will lose.. Pay to play.. Pay the ticket and dont waste his time.. Remember the officer gets payed overtime and its your word against his and you will lose. It doesnt matter what the road condition is the judge and cop will say you should of driven according to road conditions.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

I don't know if it will help, but depending on the tires you have you can argue and say "it's a new car, you weren't used to the tires, traction control was off...etc"
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsbeamer335 View Post
i got a ticket last weekend and i wasnt gonna post but what the heck... maybe some advice would be good....

okay well it was friday night going to drop some girls off to head home from a party and i did a left turn on one of those streets that always has a lot of dust sitting on top(very slippery), no traffic so my traction was off and i did one of my cleanest drifts ever and as soon as i was done with the drift i saw the flashing lights
my turned into in one second!

well i got a ticket for exhibition of power

and i was thinkin of just going to court and pleading not guilty and explain to the judge how its one of those roads thats always dirty and what not everyone that lives in this side of town would agree and ill just say that my wheels just kicked up some dust or something like that.... but idk what do u guys think?

forgot to mention the police officer was young and wasnt a prick! first thing he said "that was really clean! would of been better if u would of got away with it"
and he wrote the damn ticket right away bfor i could even think straight and ask him to let me get off with a warning!
-thanks

all i can say is nice, too bad he didnt let you off
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

fight it... at least go to court. take your chances on officer not showing up.. worth a shot..... & if he shows up, plead guilty ask for a fine reduction..
      06-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
rdsport323
Captain
Rep

what the hell is "exhibition of power?" never knew there was a ticket for that...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
what the hell is "exhibition of power?" never knew there was a ticket for that...
there's a ticket for everything.

i'm sure launching your car off the line would be considered that as well.
      06-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
jrsbeamer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: below 1,500rpm

yeah ill just take the chance and go to court hopefully he doesnt show up

yeah its pretty stupid they literally do have tickets for everything!!

i was with one of my buddies in his 06 mustang gt supercharged a couple weeks ago and he rev'ed his ingine at a redlight pretty hard, police officer two or three cars behind us pulled him over and gave him that stupid same citation "exhibition of power" oh yeah and its a $300 bail amount!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
quest556
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i x-Drive

Quote:

i was with one of my buddies in his 06 mustang gt supercharged a couple weeks ago and he rev'ed his ingine at a redlight pretty hard, police officer two or three cars behind us pulled him over and gave him that stupid same citation "exhibition of power" oh yeah and its a $300 bail amount!!

WTF! For revving at a redlight? Now that I feel you could beat.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:

Like I said in another topic here.. I have 2 buddies who are cops, we all went to high school together.. Anyways they get paid overtime for going to court plus its easier to go to court when its hot out and cool inside. And on another note they get in trouble for missing a court date from both the judge and the department.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Maybe you can try and fight it by written declaration. Court by mail!

Explain the condition of the road with pix. Then swap out your rears with someone who has low tread on the tires, then take a pic (or put your plate on a similar car, but with worn tires). Then tell the judge that it wasn't excessive display of power, it was excessive display of defensive driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

your wasting your time as previous posters said. over time or if he is on duty he has to go to court. Also, if he is not there then they will reschedule, they don't just let you off, LOL.
I believe some tickets are rediculous, but non the less if your gonna do it then be prepared to man up.
I got pulled over for beeping my horn when I was younger, lol.
      06-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

fight it if you have time. Maybe you get away or at least get to do traffic school if that is available where you live. NICE DRIFT
      06-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
-thanks
Hahahahahhahahahahah
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
You shouldn't have gotten out and flexed your muscles for him.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

First check what can happen with this kind of ticket. Exhibition type ticket some times fall into the street racing classification and in some states these carry higher penalties like license suspension. I think loss of license would effect whether you fight it or just pay.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-12-2008 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #17
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Lawyer to squash it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

I believe its called 'Exhibition of Speed'. I was pulled over for the breaking the tires loose in second gear, the whole situation was pretty stupid. Guy let me off with a stop sign ticket, which was cool, but I still have to do traffic school. He even called me out when I told him the car had 300hp. He said 'Yeah Right' lol. Getting caught drifting on a public road is quite a bit different though IMO.
Appreciate 0